ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mick first TV appearance
Click here for some more and visit Dhalgren (aka, Catherine) new website
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: faces reunion tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-20-03 02:29 PM
moy from iorr http://www.iorr.org

Mar. 20: Ronnie Wood with Rod Stewart next year
Ronnie Wood is planning to tour with Rod Stewart next year. This will probably be in the summer, as the Stones are rumoured to do shows in 2004 as well, earlier in the year.
03-20-03 02:42 PM
Martha This is spectacular news!!!!!!

Nellcote let me know about it earlier this afternoon...and it made my day!

Now that says a lot doesn't it!?!

Rock and Roll is the medicine of my soul.

And the Stones continuing in 2004....oh yeah, my prayers will be answered!

Now this is what I call a GOOD day!

love and hugs to all,
Martha
03-20-03 02:45 PM
jb Very unhappy to hear this....to me, it reflects or evidences that Ronnie is out after this tour . Likewise, it may also suggest, god forbid, that it's over for the Stones and Ronnie is looking to hook up with his old band. Further, how would he work on any new material if he is touring with the Faces? Yes, I am afraid this is a very bad sign!
[Edited by jb]
03-20-03 02:48 PM
Moonisup no faces without Ronnie lane

and ronnie has enough to do in this band then with that horrible "crooner" Rod
03-20-03 02:51 PM
jb Yes Moon...what they did to Ronnie lane was despicable!!! And how could Ronnie, with any sense of self-worth, tour with Rod Stewart, whose last album just may have been lamer than Macca's "Freedom"....
03-20-03 03:09 PM
parmeda Rik, jb...c'mon you two. This would be a great show to see! I'm as excited as Martha!

Hell, a clean & sober Ronnie would make Rod look good, LOL... no?

Thanks Moy...where's the line form for tickets? jb will be standing right behind me for this one...
03-20-03 03:31 PM
jb Gasoline Alley was by far Rod's greatest accomplishment as a musician....then he went gay and things have never been the same...
03-20-03 03:33 PM
Nellcote JB; Not defending the geezer songs Ol' Rod has cut on this album, or the new ones he is recording, however, even you must realize the sales he is marking in the Adult Contemporary market. His album is kicking butt there.
In addition, Ron played with the Stones in '75, then toured with the Faces that same year, as I saw both shows, thus this move of his is not unprecedented. Sure, the Stones may go on hiatus after, however, Ron, now in fine form, has made no secret of his desire to record with Rod again. In fact, they have already cut tracks last winter, when Ron did the solo gigs in the UK. This is a marriage made in heaven. Further, it will not be a Faces reunion, more likely some intimate setting gig, playing the early 70's songs they cut their teeth on. That is, if they all make it...How envious deep down inside would you think Mick or Keith is to know Ron could have such a solid situation to go to after a Stones tour?
03-20-03 03:37 PM
jb Once Rod appeared on Connie Chung live, along with Clive davis to promote his new album, I realized how sadly this mans career has slipped away....Soon he will be singing in between news breaks on CNN .....
03-20-03 03:53 PM
T&A Moonisup:

I respectfully disagree with your take that, to borrow an old George Harrison line, "as long as Ronnie Lane remains dead" there won't be a Faces reunion. I loved RL - but the Faces toured very successfully without him in the 70's after he left.....looks like the slot may be open for a Mr. Wyman?
03-20-03 03:57 PM
jb If Bill dares to tour with the faces he will no longer be considered a Rolling Stone. His leaving the band was bad enough, but to tour with this group of has beens, would be a complete slap in the face to every real(emphasis added) stones fan.
03-20-03 03:59 PM
Mr T "Very unhappy to hear this....to me, it reflects or evidences that Ronnie is out after this tour . Likewise, it may also suggest, god forbid, that it's over for the Stones and Ronnie is looking to hook up with his old band. Further, how would he work on any new material if he is touring with the Faces? Yes, I am afraid this is a very bad sign!"

yeah - I wish... trust me - this is meaningless. The Stones won't break up over Ronnie - and Ronnie is not out. If he were out, I think I could live with it though....
03-20-03 04:03 PM
Nellcote JB, you need to brush up on your Stones/Faces links.
Mr. Wyman was the bass player at the one and only Faces reunion several years ago. Furthermore, while he might beg Mick to be part of a stage presence this summer, Bill still will need to take enormous amounts of grief from one
Mr. Keith Richards, for leaving the band. I do not consider him now a Stone, frankly. He will tell you so also. Met him @ Mohegan Sun 18 months ago, great chap, however, he is totally happy with this band, writing about the Stones, running his Sticky Fingers chain.

That Rod survived throat cancer, and is even performing again is a miracle. I too despise the Vegas act he now has, however, I'm certain this music is easier to make money on, as he's got many babes to keep financially in the black. This Ron pairing will be fantastic.
03-20-03 04:12 PM
jb True Nellcote...actually it was thyroid cancer and I certainly am happy that he overcame that dreaded "C" word.
03-20-03 05:07 PM
Honky Tonker I wondered where the real JB had been. I see he's back with the same full of shit opinions as always. I think it would be great to Rod and Ronnie together, if the Stones aren't working. Maybe Ronnie can get Rod to actually Rock'n'Roll again. As previously stated, it really wouldn't be the Faces without Lane. Where is Tetsu?
03-20-03 05:28 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks Moy!

This calls for a drank!
03-20-03 05:55 PM
Nellcote SDH, Get that Drink, put on
"Have me a Real Good Time!"

"Said one word and I was asked to leave....."

Testu, if you read the Faces site, is amoung the missing somewhere in Japan....

If Rod can stil sing, Ronald Wood will get him to ROCK!!
03-20-03 07:41 PM
purrcafe It's kind of premature, if not completely incorrect to be calling it the Faces at all at this point. No mention at all of Kenny or Ian being involved so far.
03-20-03 07:58 PM
Martha It WILL rock...of course it will, however this coupling and tour evolves.

For GOD'S sake..how many of the great rockers are still ALIVE (thank GOD) and then to be out there touring, writing new music together...shit....I, for one, couldn't be happier about this. It's what we still have left of our beloved Rockers! And I'll take whatever they dish out..happily!

Anyway, we all WISH we could relive and see these great bands in 1970 whatever again, but we can't so ....why miss out on what we ARE so fortunate to be getting to see right now just because of a wish that can never come true? I just don't get that shit.

I'm thrilled that Rod and Ronnie are working together, by the way they are the very best of friends...and all this rivalry everyone immediately assumes will be taking place may not be the case at all. Why always assume that negative shit anyway?

Ronnie touring with Rod does not detract in any way from him being a Rolling Stone. What a weird thing to say. He has earned that title. For that matter Rod choosing to sing what he's chosen to sing over the years is his choice...not mine or anyone else's. I love his latest stuff...and whether I did or not he can sing whatever he chooses...it isn't for me to say and that is that. I don't know what I'd choose to do if I were in his shoes (or any other singer's or musicians for that matter) but it would be a choice made from that position and perspective, which I cannot possibly truly conceive of as a fan. It ain't my place or my call. I can't touch that.

Now...it also mentions that the Stones will tour into early 2004? So isn't that worth celebrating?!

Fuck yup it is.

Get BACK on board...the love train people!

Now...................let's fuckin' ROCK!!!!
03-20-03 08:35 PM
Half Nanker Too many panics here man! Ron and Rod would be a great outing in between projects for christ sake! These two have a chemistry ala Jagger-Richards and you all know it. This has nothing at all to do with the Stones. Good god, the tour moves out of the states and every news item regarding future plans causes "break up" bullshit.

By the way, Tetsu is dead.

03-20-03 09:09 PM
BILL PERKS SCREW RONNIE LANE,HIS SONGS ARE SAP FILLED NONSENSE.TETSU WAS THE SHIT,PERHAPS THEY'LL FIND HIM WHEREVER HE'S HIDING.
ROD NOW SUCKS BUT HE SOME GREAT SOLO MOMENTS
1-GASOLINE ALLEY
2-EVERY PIX TELLS A STORY
3-HOT LEGS
4-INFATUATION
5-CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL(better than oasis)
EVERYTHING HE DID WITH JEFF BECK IS GREAT
LOVE TOUCH IS THE GAYEST SONG EVER RECORDED
03-20-03 09:10 PM
BILL PERKS TETSU IS DEAD?WHEN?ACCORDING FACES SITE HE IS MIA.
03-21-03 06:21 AM
Zeeta This is good news stop moaning and being gay!
Some of Ronnie's best work was done with The Faces, check out "a nod is as good as a wink...to a blind horse" "Stay With Me" what a tune!
Ronnie WON'T leave the Stones don't be stupid, anyway even if this reunion is shit it will at least be a laugh!
LOL
Matt
03-21-03 06:24 AM
bez85 BILL PERKS, Ronnie Lanes songs stand up a hell of a lot better than Stewart's..also Ronnie Lane choose to leave the Faces he was not booted out..The Faces weren't shit after Lane left..
03-21-03 08:23 AM
Micksgirl This may be good, you know how competitive Mick and Keith can be when it comes to the Stones. LOL!

03-21-03 09:14 AM
Lazy Bones Thanks, Moy. Personally, I think this is good news. However, it does have some ironic twist to it. Imo, on one hand, with the LICKS tour, Ronnie's playing is the best in recent tours. While on the other hand, Rod's vocals have been slowly deteriorating from his traditional rock style.
Every Picture Tells A Story is a personal favourite! A classic!
03-21-03 10:45 AM
T&A Half Nanker:

Don't know you were just being glib or what - but what do you mean Tetsu is dead? Where does this information come?Mac doesn't know about it if this is true....
03-21-03 08:23 PM
Prodigal Son "Besides Rod Stewart, no one has ever betrayed their talent as much as him." Greil Marcus said that when discussing Alex Chilton from Big Star. But it's true that without Ronnie, Rod has been crap mand didn't even write a good song without Ronnie's presence. 1969-73 and then he moved to US and has been a joke since. Nuff said about Rod the Sod.
03-21-03 08:32 PM
100 Years Ago an appropriate story from the distant past:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=16724
03-21-03 09:25 PM
purrcafe That's a great quote. I thought that it was in reference to Paul Rodgers of Free/Bad Company though, not Alex Chilton.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST