ROCKS OFF - The Rollingt Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Isle Of Wight Festival, Seaclose Park, Newport, IOW 10th June 2007
© Andy Paradise with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour cancelled Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
7th March 2008 10:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

dude

this tour cancellation is about as surprising as when ABC cancelled The Caveman series

have a Sammy Hagar weekend my old friend!

I'm going to the Brazen Head to drink with Tim Reis!!!!

Jacki Sway

nobody is cancelling here dude, just merely pacing ourselves. This is the cold and flu season you know.
[Edited by Some Guy]
7th March 2008 10:40 PM
robpop
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

nobody is cancelling here dude, just merely pacing ourselves. This is the cold and flu season you know.
[Edited by Some Guy]

I bought tickets. I really did.
7th March 2008 10:57 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Sweet~
Let the adulation of David begin!

8th March 2008 02:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

[Edited by Some Guy]

....and then , Depression set in !!!!!!!!!

J. Fly ! ™
8th March 2008 08:46 PM
The jinn, my friend.
8th March 2008 11:39 PM
Gimme Shelter I'm glad I went to see them in November.
9th March 2008 01:12 PM
Some Guy Alan Peppard: Roth got to suite but not stage in Dallas

12:00 AM CST on Sunday, March 9, 2008
Alan Peppard [email protected]

How close did Van Halen get to taking the stage in Dallas last week? Close enough for David Lee Roth to make the trip, unwind at his hotel and prepare for the show.

Both Eddie Van Halen and his ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli, gave us all a tease Monday. The guitarist was supposed to be here for a Van Halen concert at American Airlines Center and his One Day at a Time ex was supposed to sign copies of her new book at Borders.

Neither happened. Valerie was a no-show and blamed a canceled flight.

Eddie's band postponed four concerts, starting with the Dallas show. Van Halen's Web site says, "According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures."

But David Lee Roth – a.k.a. "Diamond Dave" – Van Halen's once and future lead singer, was spotted checking into the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, where he just missed centimillionaire twin Ashley Olsen. (She was in town to show her clothes line, The Row, at Forty Five Ten on McKinney.)

Diamond Dave arrived at the Mansion on Saturday and ensconced himself in the Terrace Presidential Suite, former home of Larry "J.R." Hagman. He stayed at the hotel Saturday and Sunday night. On Monday, when it was clear that the show would not go on, he departed.
9th March 2008 01:15 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Alan Peppard: Roth got to suite but not stage in Dallas

12:00 AM CST on Sunday, March 9, 2008
Alan Peppard [email protected]

Diamond Dave arrived at the Mansion on Saturday and ensconced himself in the Terrace Presidential Suite, former home of Larry "J.R." Hagman.

Joey?
9th March 2008 01:26 PM
mojoman

eddie?
9th March 2008 01:30 PM
mojoman new VH guitarist

9th March 2008 04:26 PM
The jinn, my friend.
10th March 2008 11:10 AM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Joey?

" Diamond Dave arrived at the Mansion on Saturday and ensconced himself in the Terrace Presidential Suite, former home of Larry "J.R." Hagman. He stayed at the hotel Saturday and Sunday night. On Monday, when it was clear that the show would not go on, he departed. "

Yes mojo ..... Joey !

J'Lo
10th March 2008 06:04 PM
Some Guy March 10, 2008, 5:25 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
After postponing a handful of dates last week in order for guitarist Eddie Van Halen to undergo tests for an unspecified medical condition, Van Halen is postponing all tour activity until April 19.

Seventeen shows are affected, beginning tomorrow night (March 11) in Charlottesville, Va., and running through April 15 in Baltimore.

According to organizers, Van Halen, who has battled cancer and substance abuse, "is currently under doctors' care" and will "continue medical tests to define a course of treatment." No further details were made available.

Fans are being asked to keep their tickets, which will be honored at makeup dates to be announced.

Van Halen returned to the road last fall with original lead singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 20-plus years. The tour, which features Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass, has routinely sold out North American arenas.
10th March 2008 06:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

This makes Joey sad .

On a side note , Some Guy ..... I have had some serious , SERIOUS gas all damn day .

Damn ! ** .. Phew ! **

Stinky Cakes !

where is jb??
10th March 2008 06:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

where is jb??

My Baby Joshy need not be idealized ...................

......................( Fade to White -- Like an Angel )
10th March 2008 06:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude This tour is in rueins. Van Humiliation continues...
11th March 2008 11:50 AM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
This tour is in rueins. Van Humiliation continues...

Will they play the Tiger Jam coming up after the Masters? Tiger does not need this distraction, he needs his A game intact.
11th March 2008 01:39 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Will they play the Tiger Jam coming up after the Masters? Tiger does not need this distraction, he needs his A game intact.

If they do play, Ed will need to bring his A game as well.

12th March 2008 02:55 PM
Some Guy BOW ZEE BOW ZEE BOP ZITTY BOP!
12th March 2008 03:05 PM
Some Guy Current VH Situation - From My Sources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I started a new topic, not because what VT posted isn’t true per se, but because the tone of that thread just became a mess of confusion.

I think what we fail to realize in all of this is Van Halen has always been a very private band. Well before the internet, the band normally kept their private lives to themselves, which is why it’s sometimes hard to find out info about their past history. I mean even when Dave left the band, while people knew about it, it certainly wasn’t the headline news it would be now with the net, etc. It just happened and that was it. Very little fanfare about something that was pretty big music news at the time. For those of us who remember that time, I know you will agree with me.

So now everyone expects the band to change from that same belief of privacy in this new age, and they’re simply not going to. Has it backfired on the band over the years? Yes no question. But at the same time, I do believe everyone has a right to their privacy, even celebrities. Certainly dealing with addictions and health issues is not something that I would be running to share with anyone, famous or not. So try to remember that when you scream for info, I know it’s hard. As fans we feel we are owed more than that, and I myself have felt that way many times I know.

I don’t know whether Ed was in rehab or not, and frankly I don’t care anymore. I had pretty credible info of something that many others also had (like Andrew for Melodicrock), but maybe it was false info. Or maybe some things were exaggerated. I simply don’t know at this point, and it’s not worth debating.

But from time to time I do get interesting info from people very close to the band. Sometimes I can share it, other times I am asked not to. I haven’t really gotten anything in a long time, so when I do, I know it’s important and it’s NEVER been wrong.

From the info I got, here’s what I can say confidently.

Eddie is not currently in rehab, he’s at home taking care of himself, and dealing with whatever medical conditions are affecting him right now. It sounds like he’s doing well, but who knows. I hope he is.

The tour has not been cancelled, Mike is not returning to Van Halen anytime soon. Wolfgang is VH’s bassist. Any reports of Mike coming back are 100% false.

With regards to Val’s book. I don’t even know what importance this plays in anything, but apparently Ed has not read it. It also doesn’t sound like it’s any part of the reason VH isn’t playing right now either. I never thought it was, but some did. I also heard that Valerie doesn’t have any idea about Ed’s current health, so I guess her claims that she does may be coming through what she hears from her son, at least that’s what I am guessing. Again, is this really important in the grand scheme of things?

So pretty much the same stuff VT said, and I feel good about the information I have gotten. I didn’t really ask any other questions, I didn’t think it was my place to. It sounds to me like the reason the band doesn’t officially release this kind of information is they probably don’t believe it’s the kind of stuff they want out there as official news direct from them. Like I said, and like you know, Van Halen has always guarded their private info. Easier to leak stuff out unofficially, whether we like it or not.

I hope this has shed some light on things. I guess what we can take from this is Ed is seeking help for his current problems and VH plans on continuing their tour as of right now. About all the info I think we need.

-Commander of ground forces, Roth Army
12th March 2008 03:32 PM
Joey " .. think what we fail to realize in all of this is Van Halen has always been a very private band. Well before the internet, the band normally kept their private lives to themselves, which is why it’s sometimes hard to find out info about their past history. I mean even when Dave left the band, while people knew about it, it certainly wasn’t the headline news it would be now with the net, etc. It just happened and that was it. Very little fanfare about something that was pretty big music news at the time. For those of us who remember that time, I know you will agree with me.

So now everyone expects the band to change from that same belief of privacy in this new age, and they’re simply not going to. Has it backfired on the band over the years? Yes no question. But at the same time, I do believe everyone has a right to their privacy, even celebrities. Certainly dealing with addictions and health issues is not something that I would be running to share with anyone, famous or not. So try to remember that when you scream for info, I know it’s hard. As fans we feel we are owed more than that, and I myself have felt that way many times I know.

I don’t know whether Ed was in rehab or not, and frankly I don’t care anymore. I had pretty credible info of something that many others also had (like Andrew for Melodicrock), but maybe it was false info. Or maybe some things were exaggerated. I simply don’t know at this point, and it’s not worth debating.

But from time to time I do get interesting info from people very close to the band. Sometimes I can share it, other times I am asked not to. I haven’t really gotten anything in a long time ........... "

12th March 2008 03:38 PM
Some Guy Edward Van Halen is temporarily relaxing in Bellevue mental ward and making progress.

object width="425" height="355">
12th March 2008 05:51 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Edward Van Halen is temporarily relaxing in Bellevue mental ward and making progress.

12th March 2008 05:55 PM
Some Guy Joey, sadly this puppy might be over and I would like to add: Fuck ya Sway, will ya?
12th March 2008 05:57 PM
glencar He's in rehab again?!?!?!?!
12th March 2008 06:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's in rehab again?!?!?!?!

the jury is still out...
12th March 2008 06:14 PM
Joey
quote:

Some Guy wrote:
Joey, sadly this puppy might be over .......

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13th March 2008 03:53 PM
Some Guy The Beatles and DLR-

13th March 2008 04:59 PM
Some Guy March 12) - A recent report put guitarist Eddie Van Halen in rehab in Texas. Not so, says his ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli.

"The reports about him being in rehab are wrong. Eddie is sober," Bertinelli said at a Hallmark Channel luncheon in New York (via PEOPLE). "He's being proactive about his illness."
16th March 2008 07:52 AM
Jumping Jack Pity the structural integrity of the buildings surrounding Phillips Arena were so weakened during VH's visit.

Mayor Franklin will soon be awarding Someguy the Broom to the City for tripping over Eddie's power cord. Had he allowed the solo to continue thousands may have perished that night.

Three cheers to our local hero!

Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)