ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: a possible visit to buenos aires Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-15-04 04:01 PM
i love the stones!!! i really like the stones'do you know if they're commin back to argentina? i'd really appreciate an answer thanx!
03-15-04 04:23 PM
jb My understanding is absolutely no chance of any South American shows. I am sorry.
03-15-04 04:33 PM
Joey " My understanding is absolutely no chance of any South American shows. I am sorry. "

03-15-04 04:40 PM
erikjjf I've heard the opposite.
03-15-04 04:47 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
I've heard the opposite.

Please state your sources. The South American economy is very weak and I find it hard to believe a profitable S. American tour could be pulled off.
03-15-04 04:54 PM
erikjjf Source: Stonesdoug
03-15-04 05:01 PM
MRD8 The Stones WILL play several shows in South America in October after they play about a month here in the U.S...
03-15-04 05:06 PM
Joey " The Stones WILL play several shows in South America in October after they play about a month here in the U.S... "

You make Joey giddy !
03-16-04 03:25 PM
glencar Argentina's weak economy will make shows in October a good idea for Norte Americanos to take in.
03-16-04 04:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

Please state your sources. The South American economy is very weak and I find it hard to believe a profitable S. American tour could be pulled off.

Have you no shame JB? Do you read other's messages? Soldatti posted that message here and on Stonesdoug's board. Now you ask for sources when it was in two boards you use to visit on a daily basis.

Soldatti also posted his sources and he has been always reliable ini terms of news.

To the original poster and all others, if you want an update about Argentina shows visit this message board http://rocksoff.org/foro
03-16-04 04:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

Please state yours, PLEASE
03-16-04 04:46 PM
Monkey Woman I've had a revelation. When jb posts on the 'Net, his brain takes a holiday and lets his fingers type unchecked while he forgets he's ever been a successful lawyer or even a decent human being. "Hello, Mr Hyde!" "And what a fascinating disjointed personality you have, my good Joshy!"

03-16-04 04:48 PM
LadyJane South America DESERVES a tour. Why you were left out of Licks is beyond me.

These boards have outstanding sources..So America in late '04.

LJ.

03-16-04 04:50 PM
Joey " These boards have outstanding sources..So America in late '04. "

I still think Gazza might be wrong about U2 though .................

I have heard that they will NOT be touring until 2005 .

Developing ...................................

Shivering ....................................

Jersee !

03-16-04 06:51 PM
Soldatti The Argentinean economy is weak of course and if they come here I think that nobody can pay that tickets prices.
Let's put an example:
1 Dolar = 2.90 pesos (Argentina)
A 50 Dollars Ticket is 145 pesos!!!!
A 100 Dollars Ticket is 290 pesos!!!
The 70% of the people owns 200-500 pesos a month, this mean that half of whole salary is for a Stones concert.

In these terms it's imposible, but the band members are doing an exception here only for the thousand of fans that are waiting from 6 years and counting...

03-16-04 07:05 PM
Gazza The South American leg doesnt HAVE to be profitable. If youre doing a world tour, then profits in different markets make up for losses in other ones. Also, the costs are calculated over a long period of time and the whole tour planned and costs estimated in advance over a period of a year or so

The Stones didnt actually cover their costs for the Licks tour until early 2003, even though theyd played about 50 shows in North America by then. I cant imagine that the shows that were scheduled for India, Thailand, Singapore and China last spring stood to make them much money in their own right when you look at the costs of getting their equipment across Asia over a period of a couple of weeks. Even though the ticket prices were through the roof, they still wouldnt have made much on that leg (of course they ended up cancelling a few shows anyway for other reasons)

I got the impression that the reason why they didnt play Latin America at all on the last tour (and I may be wrong) was because the collapse of the Argentinian economy and the currency coincided with their plans to play down there and prior to that collapse those shows would have been the main source of revenue for that part of the tour, so it ended up that Brazil and Mexico got the chop as well. I guess they weighed the whole thing up and figured that the venture would on that occasion simply have lost TOO much money to have made it worth the bother.

This time they can maybe be luckier in their planning. basically the profits from a month in the US would more than make up for the relative lack of financial gain by going to a region with a weaker economy.

maybe some Argentinians can fill us in on whether the economy has improved significantly in the last year? If it has, that should be reason enough for a Stones tour.
03-16-04 07:18 PM
Monkey Woman If I remember correctly, most of the tickets prices in India last year were about US$20. If they do the same in Argentina, that would mean about 60 pesos a ticket.
03-16-04 07:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
If I remember correctly, most of the tickets prices in India last year were about US$20. If they do the same in Argentina, that would mean about 60 pesos a ticket.

I think that most people could care less. Most poor people are worried about surviving the next day. I hardly think the Stones are a priority.
03-16-04 07:35 PM
Monkey Woman As Soldatti gave us the peso/USD rates, I tried to see how much the lowest Licks price would be in pesos, as a comparison. But remember that even in a poor country, there's always a minority who can afford a few extras (sometimes more than a few but that's another story).
03-17-04 12:24 AM
erikjjf What about Brazil?
03-17-04 12:11 PM
Madafaka Argentinian Stones fans wanna see them play live! Nothing else matters. If a Stones fan must don't eat to see Stones, is ok for him! Here, the Stone spirit is on that way.
03-17-04 12:15 PM
jb Look, the next tour is not b/c they wanted to tour again, but because of some contractual obligations they have to fulfill with Clear Channel...I would be surprised if South America is included...however, I have been wrong before.
03-17-04 12:18 PM
Joey " I would be surprised if South America is included...however, I have been wrong before "

03-17-04 12:21 PM
Madafaka I would be the happiest man in the whole world if South America is included on next tour. That's the little difference.
03-17-04 12:32 PM
jb They have a wonderful Argentinian steak house located at lovely Bayside in downtown Miami. Argentinian beef is excellent..we call it cowboy steak.
03-17-04 12:36 PM
Madafaka Yeap, Miami is full of Argentinians. If you wanna visit my country, I'll show you the REAL beef.
Is like BBQ, but we call it "asado"... In fact, is better!
03-17-04 12:38 PM
jb That would be nice..I think it's about a 5hr plane ride?
03-17-04 12:38 PM
glencar Brazil's economy isn't in the tank, right? Chile & others have large middle classes. This tour could be pulled off. As MW said, even the poorest countries have people with enough scratch.
03-17-04 12:39 PM
glencar Argy is about a 12/13 hour plane ride from NYC Joshy.
03-17-04 12:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Argy is about a 12/13 hour plane ride from NYC Joshy.

From Miami ?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH