ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden, January 14, 1998
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleetwood Mac Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-15-04 11:40 AM
jb I had the opportunity to watch a VH1 special about Fleetwood Mac last night. It showed them from the writing of their new album through the mixing of it and when they hit the stage last april/may? What surprised me was that Christine McVeigh(?) was not present at the recording of the album as well as the tour. When did she officially leave the band?
[Edited by jb]
03-15-04 11:43 AM
LadyJane I saw it too and enjoyed it very much. Christine decided to retire when the band announced it's plans to record a new album and Tour. She fully supports them and hasn't ruled out guest appearances, but feels her days of touring and recording are over.

LJ.
03-15-04 11:47 AM
jb THANKS LJ....
03-15-04 11:48 AM
polksalad69 Fleetwood Mac hasn't been good since __________?

fill in the blank

I liked Mick Fleetwoods comments on his drumming when he played w/blues musicians in Chicago.
03-15-04 11:54 AM
jb I'M NOT A FAN, BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT CHRISTINE WAS VERY GOOD...
[Edited by jb]
03-15-04 11:56 AM
LadyJane Call me a hopeless romantic, but I love the chemistry between Stevie and Lindsay. What a wild ride those two have been on for 20 plus years. Yet they still seem to genuinely love each other. Loved the way they walked to the stage on opening night holding hands.

Okay...boys...fire back at me. I'm ready. Let the bashing begin.

LJ.
03-15-04 11:58 AM
jb i THOUGHT WITH THE SUCCESS OF THEIR ALBUMS that money would not be such a big issue...they don't seem to have the money the stones have made...also, what the hell happened toStevie Nick's nose...it got very big...is that a new nose b/c of drug abuse?
03-15-04 12:05 PM
LadyJane I'm pretty sure the cocaine abuse actually caused her to have some sort of tear or rupture of her nose. That could account for it.

I thought she looked pretty good. She's still a beautiful woman and she's battling the weight problem well.

LJ.
03-15-04 12:06 PM
jb I liked her dog.
03-15-04 12:20 PM
UGot2Rollme yeah, Stevie destroyed her septum due to coke abuse, dropped coke only to take on a bad pill habit. Some friends have told me horror stories of seeing her try to perform solo in the 80's... thank heaven she's got it together now, and the Mac have released a very good CD. My favorite tunes are Peacekeeper (Lindsay song) and Thrown Down (Stevie song). I only wish I could have seen them play some of those tunes live... maybe next tour...
03-15-04 12:56 PM
Joey

Stevie Nicks is a Carpet Muncher .
03-15-04 05:21 PM
Gazza I saw them in concert 3 months ago. They were superb, and Lindsey Buckingham is a fantastic guitarist...they played for about 2 and three quarter hours.

..oh and their new album is excellent
03-15-04 05:36 PM
Phog I saw a little bit of this show last night. Did anyone notice Lindsy and Stevie recording a version of the Stones' "I Am Waiting"? Is it on their latest album?
03-15-04 07:41 PM
Steel Wheels I found the legal/financial scenes to be the most informative. All of that weight on the artistic side of things is a heavy load indeed.
03-15-04 09:25 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Phog wrote:
I saw a little bit of this show last night. Did anyone notice Lindsy and Stevie recording a version of the Stones' "I Am Waiting"? Is it on their latest album?

It's not. But, Phog, I'm sure you'll be interested in the fact that Love Minus Zero/No Limit is on disc 2 of the Say You Will enhanced set!
03-15-04 10:15 PM
polksalad69 The successful Fleetwood has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I like the Peter Green version better but that goes w/out saying.
03-16-04 01:57 AM
Zack I for one was extremely disappointed in the new Fleetwood Mac album. No chemistry at all. None of the usual pretty sounds that rendered the group acceptable listening in the company of my wife. Maybe Christine's absence was the problem. I'm sure their show is still excellent.

Still, the "real" Fleetwood Mac will always be Peter Green's band.

"I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin, Ronnie!"
03-16-04 04:46 AM
MRD8 I have a 2DVD set from Ft. Lauderdale on June 7th, 2003...I'll B&P a few copies for some of you...email me at [email protected] for details...North Americans only please...
03-16-04 09:50 AM
full moon The new album is great and they were wonderful live in Chicago....
03-16-04 10:00 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I can't believe you like the current Fleetwood Mac, maybe I need to take a look again, for me they passed away when Peter Green quit, I think this is the group with the biggest change in music style (also Chicago), I love the Fleetwood Mac in the era of blues and not the pop clowns they are now. But thanks for your comments maybe I will try without that prejudices
03-16-04 10:22 AM
steel driving hammer TUSK
03-16-04 12:01 PM
polksalad69
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I can't believe you like the current Fleetwood Mac, maybe I need to take a look again, for me they passed away when Peter Green quit, I think this is the group with the biggest change in music style (also Chicago), I love the Fleetwood Mac in the era of blues and not the pop clowns they are now. But thanks for your comments maybe I will try without that prejudices

Ah, Chicago, another guilty pleasure of mine. Not the 80s crap tho. Nice to see someone else not buying the "new" stuff. 70s Mac and Chicago I can tolerate but gimme Peter Green any day.
03-16-04 01:33 PM
Joey
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Ah, Chicago, another guilty pleasure of mine. Not the 80s crap tho. Nice to see someone else not buying the "new" stuff. 70s Mac and Chicago I can tolerate but gimme Peter Green any day.

How DID you get so many posts ?????

Please ..............I's just gots to knows .

Jacky !
03-16-04 02:03 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:

How DID you get so many posts ?????

Please ..............I's just gots to knows .

Jacky !

Funny

Hank III uses the same avvy as you.

http://www.novogate.com/board/2891/186830-1.html?PHPSESSID=34084fcd119bde50c9c8a11703d38baf
03-16-04 03:17 PM
Joey " Funny

Hank III uses the same avvy as you. "

03-16-04 03:19 PM
jb His posts in no way count....
03-16-04 03:23 PM
glencar FM is still around? Are they strictly MOR?
03-16-04 03:23 PM
Joey " His posts in no way count.... "

Agreed !!!! ..............You and I Rule !!!!!!!!!

03-16-04 06:08 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Joey wrote:
" His posts in no way count.... "

Agreed !!!! ..............You and I Rule !!!!!!!!!

Rock on!!!
03-17-04 03:20 PM
Gazza Thanks to MarthaMyDear for forwarding me this e-mail from www.fleetwoodmac.com

For fan club members only, below is a live stream of the bonus disc from
Rumors.

QUICKTIME
http://www.onlyhitmusic.com/listeningparties/73882_QTStreamPlayer.mgi2

WINDOWSMEDIA
http://www.onlyhitmusic.com/listeningparties/73882_album_100.asx

REAL
http://www.onlyhitmusic.com/listeningparties/73882_album.ram

The second disc of this reissue contains 18 unreleased tracks:

1. Second Hand News
2. Dreams
3. Brushes (Never Going Back Again)