ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Werchter Park, Werchter 5th June 2007
Đ and thanks to coowouters
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header - Happy Birthday Brian Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th February 2008 10:04 AM
FotiniD Haven't seen this one before!

He looks really vulnerable. Yeah, yeah, he had his issues and he wasn't easy to be around, but he was only 27, practically still growing. It's like some people are born with spirits already old.

Well, what can you say. I wonder what he'd be like today, had he lived. And what he'd think of the Stones.
28th February 2008 12:30 PM
Sioux Thinking of how old most of us are {well, ME anyway}, 27 is almost just like a boy still. My oldest daughter will be 26 this year.....yes, he was young. And no matter what problems he had, he didn't deserve to die at 27. If Robert Johnson started the "27 club", Brian was it's second inductee.

Happy Birthday, Brian. I will always love and miss you. Thank you for being such a visionary and starting such a remarkable band! And for educating so many {including me} and introducing blues music and world music to a Western world. You made your mark, and it was a big one.
28th February 2008 12:36 PM
zooeyglass I think it was taken by Stu?

Whatever he was, he started a little band known as the Rolling Stones and helped put them on the map. Just maybe hat's worth something in the scheme of things...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Jones

28th February 2008 01:27 PM
The jinn, my friend. ????
28th February 2008 01:51 PM
The jinn, my friend. I am wondering (not so much as I know why just a bit shocked at the callousness) why would a picture of Mick looking guilty, sad, whatever be put up on Brian's birthday and then list how old Brian would have been if he had not died.
28th February 2008 04:25 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
I am wondering (not so much as I know why just a bit shocked at the callousness) why would a picture of Mick looking guilty, sad, whatever be put up on Brian's birthday and then list how old Brian would have been if he had not died.

You know why?...Why?
28th February 2008 04:28 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You know why?...Why?

You know - for holding him under water. With Keith's help, of course.
28th February 2008 04:29 PM
Joey " ... why would a picture of Mick looking guilty, sad, whatever be put up on Brian's birthday and then list how old Brian would have been if he had not died. "

< ---- Great Question -- now YOU funny Too !

Yeah , isn't he something Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ) ?! .... Oh , Little Fiji .

" Beat Me like the house Slave Ronnie ! "

J.
28th February 2008 05:27 PM
fireontheplatter great oldie photo.
28th February 2008 05:43 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You know - for holding him under water. With Keith's help, of course.

And....
like Charles Manson style. Handypersons do the work and he gets the reports and/or flicks/pics.
28th February 2008 05:59 PM
gypsy
quote:

And....
like Charles Manson style. Handypersons do the work and he gets the reports and/or flicks/pics.

I was being sarcastic.
Jeez.
28th February 2008 06:09 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I am wondering (not so much as I know why just a bit shocked at the callousness) why would a picture of Mick looking guilty, sad, whatever be put up on Brian's birthday and then list how old Brian would have been if he had not died.

were the picture actually of mick, i might be wondering that too....
28th February 2008 07:55 PM
Sioux
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

were the picture actually of mick, i might be wondering that too....

Seriously. Thank you. I was wondering how anyone could have mistaken that for a picture of Mick.
28th February 2008 08:01 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Seriously. Thank you. I was wondering how anyone could have mistaken that for a picture of Mick.

Seriously, You took the Picture? I did not know you was that old.

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
28th February 2008 08:21 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sioux wrote:

The dark hair might be one reason.
28th February 2008 10:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This video was uploaded today to honor Brian's birthday by Lulita Jones from our message board in Spanish

28th February 2008 10:29 PM
texile that's a great pic...
a little sad.
29th February 2008 12:13 AM
Sioux
quote:
Seriously, You took the Picture? I did not know you was that old.

Naw, didn't take the picture. But yeah, I'm definitely that old... Although I was just last week mistaken for my 25 year old daughter's sister.....
29th February 2008 12:37 AM
GhostofBrianJones I believe that header picture of Brian was taken by Stu Stewart for his book
"Outtakes". I can't see anyone actually believing that is a picture of Mick
Jagger!? Happy Birthday Brian!
29th February 2008 03:49 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Naw, didn't take the picture. But yeah, I'm definitely that old... Although I was just last week mistaken for my 25 year old daughter's sister.....

I do not care how young you look that does not help at all when seeing time through your own eyes.....
If you did not take it and it is an "unknown" photo ... with the facial features as such, even a facial recognizing program can not mark that as Brian.
Description of picture. Male, skinny dark hair, protruding lips.

Mick's nose - Brian's nose

29th February 2008 05:42 AM
FotiniD Errr, I think that's definitely Brian.
I mean, it's obvious to me! I don't even see why one would wonder about it, really...
Check out the hands and the body. Not Mick.
29th February 2008 06:22 AM
LadyJane
quote:

I do not care how young you look that does not help at all when seeing time through your own eyes.....
If you did not take it and it is an "unknown" photo ... with the facial features as such, even a facial recognizing program can not mark that as Brian.
Description of picture. Male, skinny dark hair, protruding lips.

Mick's nose - Brian's nose

********************BLANK FRIGGIN STARE********************

It's Brian, you idiot.
Get over it and show some respect for the man.

Happy Birthday Brian. May you Rest in Peace.

LJ.
29th February 2008 02:58 PM
The jinn, my friend. I wasn't the one that put up a melancholy picture of a person on Brian's birthday.

29th February 2008 04:53 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
I wasn't the one that put up a melancholy picture of a person on Brian's birthday.

No, that dear was zooeyglass, THANKS!!! ...itīs a wonderful Brian pic taken by Stu...

Maybe this link makes it clearer: ??

http://www.out-take.co.uk/ot/series1printm.php

BRIAN with the same hat on, but other clothes :

Alex

[Edited by BriansBabe]
1st March 2008 12:54 PM
Brian Jones Girl HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
1st March 2008 01:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks zooeyglass, GhostofBrianJones and BriansBabe for confirming that it was Stu the author and again to zooeyglass for the picture!!
1st March 2008 01:29 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
No, that dear was zooeyglass, THANKS!!! ...itīs a wonderful Brian pic taken by Stu...
Maybe this link makes it clearer: ??
http://www.out-take.co.uk/ot/series1printm.php

BRIAN with the same hat on, but other clothes :

Alex
[Edited by BriansBabe]

Thanks for the link.

However, the hat is not fitting the same on both photos.
3rd March 2008 02:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:

However, the hat is not fitting the same on both photos.

Oh, for Christ's sakes!
3rd March 2008 06:13 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh, for Christ's sakes!

Here Fotini, time to hand out one of these:

LJ.
5th March 2008 09:02 PM
The jinn, my friend. I understand you guy/s are selling these "recycled" photos. And have them labeled already. The fact is one head is has a different hat size than the other. And Brian is confirmed in one photo. The other one (for all general purposes) is unknown unless you have a confirmed with notes(memories fade) confirmation from the photog. And he would not. The hat size of the two humans in question is different.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)