ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Radio City Music Hall, New York City, March 14 2006
© Throbby... thanks!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 CANCELS LAST 10 DATES!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th March 2006 08:38 PM
corgi37 Yep, due to a illness of a family member, the last 10 U2 shows are gone. No Oz. No N.Z.

8th March 2006 09:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Thank god, fuck those bastards FOR BONO

very big of you to get a hard-on out of someone's serious illness cancelling shows in a country halfway around the world

Presumably, The Edge's daughter's illness that postponed the start of the tour has come back.
8th March 2006 09:11 PM
voodoostones Reminds me when Keith was doing the 4 shows in Paris 1976 while his daugther was dying in Switzerland. She finaly died during Keith was on stage. That night Keith was dead too !
8th March 2006 10:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I'm sorry did not know about the daughter, but still fuck BONO! , I dont keep up with U2 news....sorry

you dont need to. The original post mentioned that someone had a serious illness which caused the cancellations

The insecurity of some Stones fans who somehow feel threatened by some other band is laughable

8th March 2006 10:04 PM
glencar Really man. Let's keep things in perspective.
8th March 2006 10:10 PM
exile
quote:
voodoostones wrote:
Reminds me when Keith was doing the 4 shows in Paris 1976 while his daugther was dying in Switzerland. She finaly died during Keith was on stage. That night Keith was dead too !

Is This true? I did not know this. this is terrible. What did his daughter die from?

My sister died of cot death a long time ago, I am always deeply saddened when I hear stories such as this.
8th March 2006 10:17 PM
glencar His name was Tara I think. He died 3 weeks after birth. I think he was born with a congenital condition of some sort...
[Edited by glencar]
8th March 2006 10:26 PM
corgi37 Having both parents as junkies probably didnt help. What was the illness for the Edge's kid? Very sad. So many bitterly disappointed fans here. I aint one anymore, but i dont like to see anything bad happen to kids.

Just shows ya, money cant buy you health.
8th March 2006 10:32 PM
Daethgod tx for the headsup Corgi
9th March 2006 12:28 AM
RSRTG Yes, that is sad news for all their fans.
However, I heard these shows were 'postponed' not cancelled. I'm not going to any of them but have some friends who would be interested so some clarification could be needed.
9th March 2006 04:28 AM
MarshallG
I have heard that The Edge's daughter has leukemia.

9th March 2006 05:29 AM
corgi37 Yeah, i just heard that too. Or something similar. yes, just postponed. But, they wont be here before October.
9th March 2006 05:44 AM
deuce I think if everyone on here loved U2, then RollingstonesUSA wouldnt have said that. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying I think he only said that because he knows they arent the most popular around here. I've seen his posts.

Anyway, sucks for the fans and I hope whoever has the illness will get well soon.
9th March 2006 06:55 AM
Break The Spell I'm not a U2 fan but I don't like to see anyone down on their luck in the health department either. Get well soon...
9th March 2006 07:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
deuce wrote:
I think if everyone on here loved U2, then RollingstonesUSA wouldnt have said that. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying I think he only said that because he knows they arent the most popular around here. I've seen his posts.

well, you could make that argument with any artist to some degree other than the Stones. (In fact, I've seen it regarding the Stones too...when there were rumours pre-Licks tour of Ronnie being seriously ill or needing a liver transplant, there were a few people who quite shamefully took some kind of pleasure out of it as they saw it as an opportunity for their "Taylor in/Woody out" dream to come true - regardless of any regard for the man's health)

Doesnt alter the fact that taking some pleasure out of someone cancelling shows due to a serious illness is pretty infantile. Shit, as much as I hate Bon Jovi, I wouldnt wish anything like that on them
9th March 2006 07:52 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
as much as I hate Bon Jovi, I wouldnt wish anything like that on them

then again you might argue that bon jovi themselves are
a disease...
9th March 2006 08:56 AM
corgi37 Come on Gazza, dont be a fag. Surely a bit of scabies or maybe mad cow disease on Tico Torres wouldnt be bad!

9th March 2006 09:17 AM
glencar Blon Jovi was on Leno last night. Now you folks in other countries have something to look forward to. I however slept.
9th March 2006 09:22 AM
rasputin56
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Come on Gazza, dont be a fag. Surely a bit of scabies or maybe mad cow disease on Tico Torres wouldnt be bad!

Or at least on his parents for naming him Tico and then making him live in Jersey.

Not to start things up but being new here and all, I've noticed a teensy bit of animosity towards Bono and the boys, why all the hate towards U2?
9th March 2006 09:28 AM
glencar Because they're more successful on the charts than the Stones, at least in the USA.
9th March 2006 09:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Come on Gazza, dont be a fag. Surely a bit of scabies or maybe mad cow disease on Tico Torres wouldnt be bad!

They're welcome to some of that, I suppose. Not exactly in the same ball-park though!
9th March 2006 09:30 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Or at least on his parents for naming him Tico and then making him live in Jersey.

Not to start things up but being new here and all, I've noticed a teensy bit of animosity towards Bono and the boys, why all the hate towards U2?

For me, its not hate as much as it is I'm tired of hearing how U2 is currently the greatest "rock" band with such insightful lyrics and how original they are with each album. In reality, their mid-late 90's sound annoyed many longtime fans so since 2000 they've just recycled past ideas yet are still awarded with being creative and original. Another thing that gets me is the same critics that always blast the Stones seem to priase U2 as being the band carrying the torch for "rock". Plus Bono's charity work seems to overshadow the music, which I think secretly annoys Edge. So for me, its not hate really, just tired of hearing from the media and critics that their the be all / end all of current music.
9th March 2006 09:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Some Stones fans are incredibly insecure about this 'biggest/greatest band in the world' tag, so see anything regarding U2 as part of some absurd 'zero sum' rivalry with the Stones (oblivious to the fact that both bands share the same management, production staff and are friends and admirers of each other and have even recorded and played together)

Its a bit like the Beatles rivalry for people who missed out on that first time around. Fortunately, most people get past that stage when they're about 12.
9th March 2006 09:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Some Stones fans are incredibly insecure about this 'biggest/greatest band in the world' tag, so see anything regarding U2 as part of some absurd 'zero sum' rivalry with the Stones (oblivious to the fact that both bands share the same management, production staff and are friends and admirers of each other and have even recorded and played together)

Gazza ................................

" Acoustic Groove " will be performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD this weekend .

What time are you planning on arriving Friday Evening ?!?!?! 9:15 or 9:30 PM CST ?!?!?! ..... Megan , Shannon and Mark will be working behind the bar with Mohammad as the dishwasher .

Megan prefers to have your pour waiting for you upon arrival ( with obligatory shamrock on top ...of course )

Developing ........................

Jacky !

9th March 2006 10:33 AM
glencar Do your delusions never end? You're like that kid from St. Elsewhere who in the end dreamed up this incredible world of the hospital based on a glass globe.
9th March 2006 10:34 AM
Gazza someday I'll surprise him!

(I've been secretly intrigued by 'Megan' for about 2 years now..)
9th March 2006 10:35 AM
corgi37 WEll, i am guilty as charged. I heard the news today (OH BOY! HAHAHAHA) and was rapt. But, i heard it was a illness in someones family. Like, Old Uncle Joe got a splinter in his toe, or Aunty Beryl burst a roid.

I was very happy. Now, no one to take Stones thunder.

Then i heard it was a child, and i felt like a total dick. Yes, i hate U2. I used to like them a bit, but when they got too big, i began to hate them more and more.

But, for fucks sake, its a kid. The Edge seems like a pretty normal, potato eating, Guiness drinking dude. Non-affected by all the crap. I have to give the prick credit, he has his own sound, and he changed alot of things.

I hope the kid improves 200%. I hope everything works out well. And (I cant believe i am saying this) I hope they blow the bloody roof off Telstra Dome when they come back and re-schedule.

And, i bet some of the 1st people to give their thoughts were the Stones!

Hug ya kids. Money cant buy ya health!
9th March 2006 10:48 AM
rasputin56
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I was very happy. Now, no one to take Stones thunder.

Funny but if the Stones were still able to perform like they did in the past and not exclude a tremendous portion of their fanbase by charging what they do, they wouldn't have to worry about a few Irish whelps stealing their thunder.

I'm with you on the well wishes for the lass, though. It's unimaginable.
9th March 2006 10:53 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Do your delusions never end? You're like that kid from St. Elsewhere who in the end dreamed up this incredible world of the hospital based on a glass globe.

That was one Hell of a Television Series
9th March 2006 11:07 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its a bit like the Beatles rivalry for people who missed out on that first time around. Fortunately, most people get past that stage when they're about 12.

true fans like jb and I take it personally when we are not the "biggest and greatest". The board needs fans like us to provide an alternative perspective, as proven by the large amount of supporters and detractors we have here.

While I despise U2 as a band more than any other band, it certainly does not extend to their personal lives. These guys, unlike many other musicians out there today do seem to hold the word "family" as truly important. My wife lost her brother just before we began dating to luekemia (sp) and it is a horrible pain for anyone to go through, both those suffering through the disease and those forced to watch helplessly as a loved one is slowly killed.

My official statement: I hope U2 breaks up (due to the band being fed up with Bono's desire to make himself more important that the music) and never tours again. I also hope that the illness that has caused this turn of events finds its miracle and a parent is not deprived of the honor of watching their children grow up and live full lives.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY U2 Memorabilia/tickets, but keep THe Edge and his family in your prayers, I shall!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)