ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Phil Spector Tried To Prevent Ronettes' Hall Of Fame Induction Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th March 2007 02:06 AM
Martha 03/07/07

18:30:00, Categories: Celebrity News, Music News
Phil Spector Tried To Prevent Ronettes' Hall Of Fame Induction

Legendary producer Phil Spector tried to prevent The Ronettes from being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame by writing a disparaging letter to its nominating committee.

Spector, who goes to trial later this month accused of the murder of actress Lana Clarkson, produced the The Ronettes and was once married to frontwoman Ronnie Bennett.

In a letter dated July 11, 1994 and recently obtained by Bennett's lawyers, Spector wrote: "My first objection to The Ronettes is that they did not record! Of all the recordings they made, only the lead singer appeared. Secondly, I do not think they made the contribution required of some to be in the Hall Of Fame, nor do they have the body of work that would qualify them for induction."

But Bennett has rejected Spector's protests, saying, "He's an angry and unhappy man, and he hasn't been successful since I left."

The Ronettes will be inducted into the Hall Of Fame on Monday.

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)
8th March 2007 04:28 AM
Prodigal Son I think Phil is right. But coming from himm, such statements cannot help but be interpreted as utter sour grapes. I was expecting him to come right out and proclaim "Come on, I produced those records. I co-wrote their songs. Shouldn't I be inducted? You induct Neil Young in three categories: solo, Buffalo Springfield and part of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Why not the Ronettes and Phil Spector. Oh, Phil Spector featuring the Ronettes I mean. I MADE THEM!!! I CAN DESTROY THEM TOO! HAVE YOU SEEN MY COLLECTION OF REVOLVERS!!!? NO!!! YOU MUST NOT INDUCT THEM! RONNIE IS STILL MY ULTIMATE GOD-GIVEN PROPERTY TO CHERISH AND TREASURE. THIS REMINDS ME, I STILL HAVE TO KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER KEITH RICHARDS... YES, RONNIE'S LIFE WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL SHE IS DEAD AND ON DISPLAY IN MY GLASS MENAGERIE OF LOVE THAT I CAN WATCH WHILE EATING BREAKFAST!"
8th March 2007 07:17 AM
Nellcote Thanks MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTHA!
Yo boy Johnny put out a very fine lp!
8th March 2007 10:10 AM
glencar Keith is doing the inducting on Monday night. VH1 is airing it live.
8th March 2007 10:13 AM
jb I hope this guy is found guilty and given the death penalty...(I don't think Calif has it though , absent killing a cop?).
8th March 2007 10:22 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I hope this guy is found guilty and given the death penalty...(I don't think Calif has it though , absent killing a cop?).

It's still on the books... it has been suspended, b/c they say the lethal injection may be cruel and unusual...

I say, if you're 100% certain of the guilt, torture the bastards, like the ones who kill children ect...
8th March 2007 10:24 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's still on the books... it has been suspended, b/c they say the lethal injection may be cruel and unusual...

I say, if you're 100% certain of the guilt, torture the bastards, like the ones who kill children ect...

Agreed...I am a secular progressive who supports the death penalty under certain circumstances(cop killings, killing of children, premeditated 1st degree murder for pecuniary gain)
8th March 2007 10:29 AM
glencar It looks like Spector killed her soemwhat accidentally. I think the rest of his life in an insane asylum is deserved.
8th March 2007 10:30 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
It looks like Spector killed her soemwhat accidentally. I think the rest of his life in an insane asylum is deserved.

It was bound to happen. If the stories are true he's pulled a gun on almost everyone he's met... I'm shocked he didn't kill sooner!
8th March 2007 10:37 AM
glencar Clearly a nutjob.
8th March 2007 10:46 AM
pdog he produced some great music...
8th March 2007 10:49 AM
jb Lance Bass Writes `Out of Sync' Memoir
Mar 7, 7:08 PM EST

Lance Bass "tells all about his life, his music and his sexuality" in an upcoming autobiography, the publisher announced Wednesday. "Out of Sync" is scheduled for publication in October, said Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

The publisher promises a behind-the-scenes look at the 27-year-old singer's days in boy band 'N Sync, as well as his headline-making venture to undergo astronaut training for a Russian space mission, which didn't pan out because he couldn't come up with the funds for the trip.

Bass announced in July that he is gay. He has said that he didn't reveal this earlier because he didn't want to affect 'N Sync's popularity. The band, known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me," went on hiatus in 2002.
8th March 2007 10:51 AM
pdog Lance Basshole!
8th March 2007 10:56 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Lance Bass Writes `Out of Sync' Memoir
Mar 7, 7:08 PM EST

Lance Bass "tells all about his life, his music and his sexuality" in an upcoming autobiography, the publisher announced Wednesday. "Out of Sync" is scheduled for publication in October, said Simon Spotlight Entertainment, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

The publisher promises a behind-the-scenes look at the 27-year-old singer's days in boy band 'N Sync, as well as his headline-making venture to undergo astronaut training for a Russian space mission, which didn't pan out because he couldn't come up with the funds for the trip.

Bass announced in July that he is gay. He has said that he didn't reveal this earlier because he didn't want to affect 'N Sync's popularity. The band, known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me," went on hiatus in 2002.

Another embarrassment to areonautics!
8th March 2007 10:57 AM
pdog I'm not surprised Lance Bass is gay, i'm shocked that the other guys in N'sync are straight!
8th March 2007 03:15 PM
Martha
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Thanks MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTHA!
Yo boy Johnny put out a very fine lp!

Hi my favorite Sir Nellcote!

Why yes Johnny certainly did! I really love it the more I listen....

Did you see the shot of us kissing on the cover of the new CD? LOL

Alas, I wax nostalgic.

;-)
8th March 2007 03:16 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith is doing the inducting on Monday night. VH1 is airing it live.

I CANNOT wait to see Keef. And...the VH-1alens killing each other should be fun too.
8th March 2007 03:19 PM
Martha
quote:
pdog wrote:

I think him being forced to look only at himself in a mirror for many hours would be a worthy punishment....for starters anyway.

Can someone post a shot of that zany looking nutcase? ;-)
8th March 2007 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Who's Keith's Stylist these days?
8th March 2007 03:23 PM
Nellcote "Hi my favorite Sir Nellcote!
Why yes Johnny certainly did! I really love it the more I listen....
Did you see the shot of us kissing on the cover of the new CD? LOL
Alas, I wax nostalgic.
;-)"

Yes, and by golly, he outdid himself again, as it has a "buried track". It's the best when those things sneak out at you. I know you called, I've been motoring crazy here, I'll be in touch.....
8th March 2007 03:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Martha wrote:

I CANNOT wait to see Keef. And...the VH-1alens killing each other should be fun too.

March 13th is gonna be a big day for the funny around here, Tater
8th March 2007 03:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Who's Keith's Stylist these days?

They better be up to the task at hand.
8th March 2007 03:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Caveman
Tommy Roe

He’d been in a jungle on an island in the year 49 B.C.
There was caveman sitting in the top of a coconut tree
He wore a leopard skin [unintelligible]
He sure looked cool to me

Well, he leaped from a tree to the back of a dinosaur
Arrived at a hut where a cave girl was at the door
She wore a hula dress trimming the best
Like dressed for a big affair

Well, I trailed him through the jungle
Till they stopped outside a cage
Like I mean these cats inside
They really had it really made

I saw caveman band
They said, “Listen to us, Man
We’ll be cool, you’ll see”
Well, man, you sound all right
Won’t you come along with me?

I’ll make you caveman stars
You’ll go down in history

But then I woke up screamin’
Found that I was only dreamin’

A dream, a fantasy

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
8th March 2007 03:38 PM
glencar What in hell are you going on about? It's cold here too.
8th March 2007 03:41 PM
Saint Sway somebody started drinking early
8th March 2007 03:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm just talking about the importance of a stylist nowadays.

8th March 2007 03:45 PM
jb Spector has one fucked up wig...
8th March 2007 03:46 PM
glencar I thought that was a weave?
8th March 2007 03:52 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought that was a weave?

I love the comb-over manequinn picture...
8th March 2007 03:54 PM
glencar Phil was a mad genius...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)