ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

LA Forum, Inglewood, CA - March 6, 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Night Time Is The Right Time Appreciation Thread.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd March 2006 12:45 PM
RollingstonesUSA Absolutly love this verison, none out there better. Mick and Lisa singing together is unreal, and the way Charlie drums, MY GOD, the way Charlie drums....
2nd March 2006 12:48 PM
Break The Spell Appriciated!! Had the chance to see it live twice last fall. Best live cover tune they did since Imagination.
2nd March 2006 02:08 PM
FPM C10 Absolutely wonderful. More of a showcase for the backup musicians than the Stones, though. Hey, speaking of Night Time, wasn't the Rio version great? When Mick put his hand on Lisa's shoulder and then let out that James Brown YOWWWW!!!! That was pretty great!

It occurred to me during that song - and thinking back to hearing Bernard burn up "Thank You Falletinmebemiceelfagin" with Dumpstafunk - that seeing a club gig of just the backup musicians would be pretty doggone cool too. Not as cool as the Stones, but cool. Just letting Lisa and Bernard and maybe even Blondie trade off on lead vocals.
2nd March 2006 02:11 PM
luxury1 YEah, I agree, FPM. I really dig the way Lisa moves and sings. Bernard seems a bit wooden, but Lisa would more than make up for that! ANd all three of them have wonderfully different voices. That would be a gig for sure--I think they have done something like that with the guitar techs, but never with Lisa joining in, I think.
Hey--rumor has it that Darryl J and LIsa are an "item". Let's get him in this band too....
2nd March 2006 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
that seeing a club gig of just the backup musicians would be pretty doggone cool too. Not as cool as the Stones, but cool. Just letting Lisa and Bernard and maybe even Blondie trade off on lead vocals.

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly and wistfully stroke your young , moist , sweaty , glistening , GLISTENING Fleabit forehead and just say .......................... well ............................ " THANKS " ...for being ................. wells ............... you's .

2nd March 2006 02:13 PM
glencar Keep Blondie off teh satge & I'm there. I know he played with the Beach Boys & he's fun to have get drunk but really, he sucks.
2nd March 2006 02:28 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keep Blondie off teh satge & I'm there. I know he played with the Beach Boys & he's fun to have get drunk but really, he sucks.

Yeah, I'm cool with that. I was actually thinking about ALL of the extra musicians (definitely including Darryl) but maybe we could give Blondie and Chuck the wrong address for the club...
2nd March 2006 02:30 PM
glencar See! We can agree away from that "other" subject...
2nd March 2006 02:31 PM
jb Totally sucks...waste of 13 minutes, sometimes used instead of GS/MR, and when did a Stones show b/c a format for a back-up singer for madonna. I hate it more than "Miss You".
2nd March 2006 02:32 PM
Saint Sway the Stones have more backup musicians onstage than most bands have band members
2nd March 2006 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the Stones have more backup musicians onstage than most bands have band members

Sadly, I must agree....she is dreadful and has really been featured way too much since 97!!!! Atleast let her sing a Stones song..........Fuck this Ray Charles tribute..another lame idea by Mick to capitilize on "Ray" starring jaime Foxx(another talentless prick with no talent)
2nd March 2006 02:47 PM
Saint Sway to paraphrase Joe Piscopo's character in "Johnny Dangerously":
I enjoyed hearing the song..... ONCE.

----------

and believe me once was enough.

sadly its become a staple of the tour.

Miss You, RFD & Night Time should only be performed at a Mick solo gig, where he is fully surrounded by the backup ass clowns.

but when he has Charlie, Keith and Ronnie onstage the set list needs to be devoted to songs like Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler and All Down The Line.

sorry, they do a nice version of Night Time, but these skimpy 20 song sets are too overcrowded with war horses to allow for Ray Charles covers and bad Mick solo-ish songs.
2nd March 2006 02:52 PM
glencar Joshy, I saw a Jaime Foxx video today. His voice is one of those they ahve to alter because they know just howe bad it is. I haven't seen all of Ray yet but it amazes me he got the Oscar for that. What a sham/e.
2nd March 2006 05:29 PM
Some Guy Dug it.
2nd March 2006 05:33 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
jb wrote:
Totally sucks...waste of 13 minutes, sometimes used instead of GS/MR, and when did a Stones show b/c a format for a back-up singer for madonna. I hate it more than "Miss You".

I concur!!

She should just stay a backing-singer only.
2nd March 2006 05:35 PM
luxury1 why jb, I always thought you were a big Lisa fan. You do have her sweaty towel, dont you?
2nd March 2006 05:36 PM
nanatod "She should just stay a backing-singer only."

Maybe Dylan could hire her away. (See video of Dylan's 1985 performance at the first Farm Aid concert to see what I mean).
3rd March 2006 04:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
Totally sucks...waste of 13 minutes, sometimes used instead of GS/MR, and when did a Stones show b/c a format for a back-up singer for madonna. I hate it more than "Miss You".

100% agree.

plus Miss You sounds far better on this tour jb!
Im amazed to see a band that has released more than 300 songs covering average old songs...
IMHFO this is a filler.
plus I m addict to the CCR version
3rd March 2006 07:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

100% agree.

Im amazed to see a band that has released more than 300 songs covering average old songs...
IMHFO this is a filler.

They did do some great covers, i also liked I Put A Spell On You.
3rd March 2006 08:01 AM
LadyJane Song BLEW me away at Fenway 1 and Soldier Field.

Lisa is an amazing talent and DESERVES to be showcased.

I'll gladly take GS/MR though any day.

All in all a good choice for a tribute, imhfo.

LJ.

3rd March 2006 08:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

They did do some great covers, i also liked I Put A Spell On You.

I heard it through the grapevine...OMG!!
CCR are on my top 10 list!!
3rd March 2006 08:32 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

100% agree.

IMHFO this is a filler.

some great covers JU;
Bye Bye Johnny, Thats How Strong My Love Is, The Nearness Of You
3rd March 2006 08:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

some great covers JU;
Bye Bye Johnny, Thats How Strong My Love Is, The Nearness Of You

I thought you were talking about CCR...I need the crack pipe back
yes, great covers you mention buddy!!
Keith solo on Nearness was a highlight on Four Flicks for me...
3rd March 2006 08:51 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I thought you were talking about CCR...I need the crack pipe back
yes, great covers you mention buddy!!
Keith solo on Nearness was a highlight on Four Flicks for me...

hahah.
Yes, the solo was amazing!!
3rd March 2006 09:04 AM
FPM C10 The Stones' choice of cover songs and their interpretation of them has been a key element in their greatness from day one (in fact on Day One it was the only thing they had going for them!). Has there ever been a tour - even back in the days when the shows were 20 minutes long - when they DIDN'T do a cover? I think not. So it seems like an odd thing to bitch about.

But then I liked "Ray" a lot too.
3rd March 2006 09:48 AM
Break The Spell As long as they don't start doing the covers that Barry and Rod have done lately, I'm all for the covers live.
3rd March 2006 10:17 AM
glencar I've never had a problem with them doing covers. On some nights it's the most exciting thing in the show. I'll never forget "Love Train" at the first show of the Licks Tour up in Boston. Now in that case it wasn't the most exciting part of the show but it was definitely part of the great night.
3rd March 2006 10:29 AM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
why jb, I always thought you were a big Lisa fan. You do have her sweaty towel, dont you?

Hello Luxury 1...........I respect and like Lisa(yes, I have used the towel)...but I prefer her on songs like MM, GS, etc. I also think the Ray Charles tribute was timely and appropriate at the beginning of the tour, but I think it has run it's course(what happened to "back of My Hand') and would much rather hear covers like "Just MY Imagination", :Ain't to Proud to Beg"(done several times),and ANY Chuck Berry song. Nothing personal to Lisa, but it does take away some great Stones material..........................................regards.
3rd March 2006 10:31 AM
glencar You ahve her sweaty towel? Do you also collect their used drinking cups? Joshy, that's one step over the line to stalkerdom!
3rd March 2006 10:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Luxury 1...........I respect and like Lisa(yes, I have used the towel)...but I prefer her on songs like MM, GS, etc. I also think the Ray Charles tribute was timely and appropriate at the beginning of the tour, but I think it has run it's course(what happened to "back of My Hand') and would much rather hear covers like "Just MY Imagination", :Ain't to Proud to Beg"(done several times),and ANY Chuck Berry song. Nothing personal to Lisa, but it does take away some great Stones material..........................................regards.

This newbie got taste !!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)