ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Idaho Center, Boise, Idaho - 14th November 2006
© Idaho Statesman with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dolly Parton postpones tour, blames breasts Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th February 2008 10:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Dolly Parton postpones tour, blames breasts
February 12, 2008 - 11:20AM
Sydney Morning Herald

Dolly Parton's breasts may be two of the wonders of the entertainment world, but the country music icon says they are a pain in her back.

Parton, 62, said she would postpone her upcoming North American tour after doctors told her to take it easy for six to eight weeks to rest her sore back.

"Hey, you try wagging these puppies around a while and see if you don't have back problems," the folksy singer-songwriter said in a statement.

The tour was due to begin on February 28 in Minneapolis, two days after the release of Backwoods Barbie, her first album of mainstream country music in 17 years. She hopes to hit the road in late April.

Parton, also famous for her big voice, big wigs and big smile, has long joked about her famous bust. When she received a songwriters award in New York last year, she noted she'd been known for two things throughout her career.

"I'm talking about my music and my lyrics," she said.

Parton, a member of both the country music and songwriters halls of fame, has been enjoying a renaissance since she released the first of a trio of bluegrass-tinged albums in 1999.

As with other veterans such as Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard, Parton found that she was no longer welcome at country radio, and changed tack by delving into roots music. Her releases garnered widespread critical acclaim and a fond examination of her 40-year career.
12th February 2008 10:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels > Backwoods Barbie <

Good title Dolly!
I wonder who thought that one up.

12th February 2008 10:37 PM
sirmoonie "Word."
12th February 2008 10:40 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
"Word."

You changed it, but Mr. Yuck was created in Yinzerburgh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Yuk

[Edited by robpop]
12th February 2008 10:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

You changed it, but Mr. Yuck was created in Yinzerburgh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Yuk

[Edited by robpop]

The first photo I had wouldn't let me link. Fuckers.

Oh man, those things were all over everyone's house. Last year, I was working with some quacks at Pitt, and the lab they ran actually had a few old ones stuck to some supply storage areas.
13th February 2008 02:53 AM
TampabayStone Dude, she's 62.. I don't want to think about her giagantic f'ing rack. I love "I will always love you" as much as the next coyboy, but feel free to delete and talk about her music. Y'all need vactions down to Florida; seems like people are getting punchy round heya.

I was watching this movie, late, awhile ago, I refused to sleep until she sang the song. Did not realize how early into it I was.
13th February 2008 02:55 AM
TampabayStone I frackin spelled cowboy wrong.

Photobucket
13th February 2008 07:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Hey, you try wagging these puppies around a while and see if you don't have back problems," the folksy singer-songwriter said in a statement.

I'll sure give it a try.....
13th February 2008 01:34 PM
gimmekeef C,mon Dolly roll those suckers up and be a trooper!...
14th February 2008 06:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Let's give 'er a spin.

14th February 2008 06:27 PM
glencar Man, Shania Twain is kinda boring!
14th February 2008 06:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Man, Shania Twain is kinda boring!

Well....boring? No....maybe not as kinky as I might like.

14th February 2008 06:57 PM
glencar i was talking about her singing. She definitely has a hot body that does NOT need "Mom jeans"!
14th February 2008 07:15 PM
fireontheplatter [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

i will take this image to bed with me.....lordy lord

everybody say ow
14th February 2008 07:15 PM
fireontheplatter [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

everybody say ow
14th February 2008 07:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

everybody say ow

Yer too late. That image is no virgin. Trust me on that one.
14th February 2008 08:14 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:

Yer too late. That image is no virgin. Trust me on that one.

can't blame a dude for trying.

i was a fan back on 02-05.....

the gal is hot and she can even dance a bit.
14th February 2008 08:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i was a fan back on 02-05.....

What up, Platter? That's a pretty ghey comment, just saying. I'd put in the sucky albums thread.

Your friend,

TampaBay

But not this ghey!!!

Photobucket

14th February 2008 08:53 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

the gal is hot and she can even dance a bit.

Shit, you are hung. Go for it.
20th February 2008 06:56 PM
gorda So, that's why my back always hurts!
20th February 2008 07:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
So, that's why my back always hurts!

Your back always hurts???
Find a good massuese that can give you a good "back rub", that'll at least take your mind off the pain for awhile.

20th February 2008 07:52 PM
gorda
quote:

Your back always hurts???
Find a good massuese that can give you a good "back rub", that'll at least take your mind off the pain for awhile.

Thanks for the advice. I do get massages sometimes. Also, I put a heating pad on my back. Plus, I do these exercises that a physical therapist taught me. Furthermore, I never wear high heels anymore. (Okay, sometimes, I do, but I know I will be paying for it later.)
20th February 2008 08:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
Furthermore, I never wear high heels anymore. (Okay, sometimes, I do, but I know I will be paying for it later.)

Wearing stilettos and fishnet stockings will usually get you a better massage.
20th February 2008 08:20 PM
gorda
quote:

Wearing stilettos and fishnet stockings will usually get you a better massage.

I'm too fat for stilettos. One time, I wore high heels to work, and I had to go home and change my shoes during lunch, I couldn't stand it. You have to be thin to wear stilettos.

Funny story: As soon as I turned 14, I started wearing high heels. My aunts gave me all their hand-me-downs. So, I was like, "Alright!" I think I wore high heels for like 3 years straight! I wore high-heels all through my fresh-man, sophmore, and junior years of high school. Then, when I was a senior, I went back to wearing tennis shoes.

Now, I can only wear them for a maximum of 2 hours. That's it.
20th February 2008 08:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels No. Not at all, Stilettos are just like slippers. It's not how you wear them, its how you take them off.
21st February 2008 02:46 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
No. Not at all, Stilettos are just like slippers. It's not how you wear them, its how you take them off.

DAMN, you are gay!

But not this gay (very close though). '''''''''''''''''

Photobucket

22nd February 2008 12:25 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
No. Not at all, Stilettos are just like slippers. It's not how you wear them, its how you take them off.

Come to Bono!!
22nd February 2008 05:01 AM
EELPIE BONOISLOVE?

22nd February 2008 05:11 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
gorda wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I do get massages sometimes. Also, I put a heating pad on my back. Plus, I do these exercises that a physical therapist taught me. Furthermore, I never wear high heels anymore. (Okay, sometimes, I do, but I know I will be paying for it later.)

Excuse me, I am a liscensed massuse in 48 states, plus Mexico and Pueto Rico!!!!! Known mainly for deep tissue, but willing to give (LADIES)the happy ending........................................................................................................................................................ ..
23rd February 2008 05:33 PM
gorda
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Excuse me, I am a liscensed massuse in 48 states, plus Mexico and Pueto Rico!!!!! Known mainly for deep tissue, but willing to give (LADIES)the happy ending........................................................................................................................................................ ..

Thank you for your offer. But, I prefer to have a woman masseuse. I have never gotten a massage from a man.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)