ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Bill Wyman
[
THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: i love seeing more stones die-hards using bit torrent !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 13th, 2005 04:34 PM
charlotte mac, you beat me to it! I have gotten several messages from big time uploaders telling me of the server issues will soon be resolved!
February 13th, 2005 04:52 PM
Andy L
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

they are switching servers today, and that is what is causing the problem. ttd WILL be around for the long haul.

I really hope so, I find their emphasis on quality refreshing compared to other BT sites.
February 13th, 2005 07:18 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Andy L wrote:

I really hope so, I find their emphasis on quality refreshing compared to other BT sites.

ttd is where it is at BECAUSE of their emphasis on quality... ezt has the selection, but the seeds are often such a mess - people are always posting corrections (like you dont listen to the set before you seed it - i thought that was common sense), the files are all misnamed, or named track1, etc. - i am constantly renaming and reverifying sources i pull from there. but they have the selection...

anyway - how is chris' seed doing? last i checked there was no seed, and no completes - i am interested in that one, also...

has anybody been pullng the "alternate" volumes from ezt - i just couldnt do it this weekend...

also - if andy's 73 seed is slow, let me know - i still have it on an accessiible harddrive. i am seeding something else, atm, but i will jump on and help you guys out this evening if your download speeds are dwindling...

February 13th, 2005 08:15 PM
gustavobala big brother JJ flash

i don't have a good computer..i have a old 486 DX

i don't cd in computer

i cannot pay my own bills, imagine pay the fucker speedy connection
February 13th, 2005 08:17 PM
charlotte mac, need some help with timeless london-73....thanks!!
[Edited by charlotte]
February 13th, 2005 09:14 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
mac, need some help with timeless london-73....thanks!!
[Edited by charlotte]

you got a link..? i am unable to find the torrent page in a search...

February 13th, 2005 10:11 PM
charlotte http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2190&highlight=rolling+stones

February 13th, 2005 10:30 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2190&highlight=rolling+stones

i guess that explains why i didnt find it on ezt...

but i see you found me
February 14th, 2005 05:12 AM
Andy L
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

ttd is where it is at BECAUSE of their emphasis on quality... ezt has the selection, but the seeds are often such a mess - people are always posting corrections (like you dont listen to the set before you seed it - i thought that was common sense), the files are all misnamed, or named track1, etc. - i am constantly renaming and reverifying sources i pull from there. but they have the selection...

anyway - how is chris' seed doing? last i checked there was no seed, and no completes - i am interested in that one, also...

Yep, couldn't agree more about EZT. The selection and amount of shows there reminds me of STG at its peak, but the mods there don't seem at all interested in quality - you really have to watch what you download.

I've been downloading the Licks shows at full speed, there's 14 seeds on there at the moment.
February 14th, 2005 08:44 AM
charlotte Gazza, did you ever download "Timeless"? I have left my window open...
February 14th, 2005 12:24 PM
Gazza there was no activity on it in the last hour or two before I went to bed. Been at work all day so wont be able to access it until i go home in a few minutes.

I'll leave it downloading when I get home as I'm out with the missus this evenin'.

thanks for your help
February 14th, 2005 05:48 PM
charlotte Gazza, looks like you got it, showing no leachers...
February 14th, 2005 05:53 PM
Gazza Nope..I'm 'leeching' as we speak! Just one or two seeds, though (on and off)....
February 14th, 2005 05:57 PM
charlotte I looks like you are around 37%...I am seeding, but server is really slow
February 14th, 2005 07:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
I looks like you are around 37%...I am seeding, but server is really slow

i'll jump back on for ya now...

February 15th, 2005 04:29 AM
Gazza I got it! thanks, guys
February 15th, 2005 08:17 AM
T&A Mac Daddy:

Any idea when we'll see more of the shows I sent you posted?

Just curious...

Tod
February 15th, 2005 09:13 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
Mac Daddy:

Any idea when we'll see more of the shows I sent you posted?

Just curious...

Tod

hopefully by the weekend...

i just reseeded 10/14 over at ezt, and it is getting more of a response...

also, i have been waiting for the tape head cleaning fluid to arrive, and the guy has taken forever to send it (but is also the only vendor, so i do not have much choice). i am shooting for the philly shows to go up at ttd this weekend. with my bday, valentines day, and a slight family emergency, my transferring time has been severely limited in the past few weeks...

soon come.
February 16th, 2005 12:36 AM
T&A did you record either of the Mac LA shows? SF gig was great - but I hear the two LA gigs were even better.
February 16th, 2005 05:26 AM
Gazza That "Timeless" show is indeed "the dog's bollocks"!! Great stuff
February 16th, 2005 08:22 AM
charlotte "Timeless" does kick ass...thanks to T/F, Mac, Andy for the uploads and seeding...Keeping the memories alive, that's what it's all about!!!!
February 16th, 2005 09:32 PM
mac_daddy the legend of '70 is a fun one, too. thanks...

europe '73 is hot right now (ezt)

and has anybody heard this el mocambo version..? i was wondering if i should pull it, but i have a bunch to get, and if it isnt necessary, i wont bother. i have yet to pull chrisw's licks set - is it an improvement over the ace of clubs, or is that what crystal cat used..? the us gigs i can track downthe sources, but i have no idea who is taping what, with what gear in europe (i would love to know, though). anyway, i want to hear it for myself...

another one i have yet to pull is the recent ft worth 72 seed. i am pretty sure i have this. but if it is an essential title, please let me know...

i have a 3 cd set from london 1971 that marko sent me a while back that i plan on getting up before the weekend, and the philly '81 auds will go up by sunday...

i still really want to hear the moe. tsunami benefit gig (2/10), but at least that one is up on the LlaMA (or will be eventually)...

February 20th, 2005 07:17 AM
J.J.Flash Daddy, have you seen what's happening with Everyday Jones bit torrent session?!? Is that really true? If so, what's the reason?!? Sad news!
February 20th, 2005 08:12 AM
gustavobala yes... sad news...god ., i don't do downloud

j.j. the says the links...
February 20th, 2005 11:12 AM
Andy L EDJ died when the site owner tried to charge for BitTorrent downloads... even though it was only for a day, nobody bothered seeding anything after that. It wasn't very well run in the first place and didn't have TTD's quality or EZT's variety.
February 20th, 2005 04:14 PM
jpenn11
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
another one i have yet to pull is the recent ft worth 72 seed. i am pretty sure i have this. but if it is an essential title, please let me know...

The review suggests this is inferior to Ahmet Ertegun Thank You Very Kindly. AETYVK was topped--IMHO--by Lonestar Shooters, which I believe is a Sister Morphine release, does not have the "generations away" fuzziness of AETYVK and has better stereo separation. The interplay between MT and KR on MR is really fun to hear. (Someone with "Work Sucks, Let's Go on Tour" or "Stones Touring Party 7 CDs" might be able to offer a view on whether that version is even better.)

Now that I have my excuse for an Ahmet Ertegun story (Leonard rarely comes out well in these stories):
Leonard Chess to Ahmet Ertegun -- I have a deal with Muddy: if he stops selling records, he can be my chauffeur.
Ahmet Ertegun -- And I have a deal with Big Joe Turner: if he stops selling records, I can be his chauffeur.
February 20th, 2005 04:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

The review suggests this is inferior to Ahmet Ertegun Thank You Very Kindly. AETYVK was topped--IMHO--by Lonestar Shooters, which I believe is a Sister Morphine release, does not have the "generations away" fuzziness of AETYVK and has better stereo separation. The interplay between MT and KR on MR is really fun to hear. (Someone with "Work Sucks, Let's Go on Tour" or "Stones Touring Party 7 CDs" might be able to offer a view on whether that version is even better.)

Now that I have my excuse for an Ahmet Ertegun story (Leonard rarely comes out well in these stories):
Leonard Chess to Ahmet Ertegun -- I have a deal with Muddy: if he stops selling records, he can be my chauffeur.
Ahmet Ertegun -- And I have a deal with Big Joe Turner: if he stops selling records, I can be his chauffeur.

i have the stp set, but i do NOT have lonesome shooters or work sucks...

classic ahmet story
February 20th, 2005 06:43 PM
charlotte RollingStones_Berlin1970-09-16_Paris1970-09-23.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)
Downloads as RollingStones_Berlin1970-09-16_Paris1970-09-23
Info hash f370dfc94bc1e224a9b6d1621513c0c3e2e6eff1
Description The Rolling Stones
"Shake Your Hips"
Vinyl Gang Productions VGP-078
Lineage: AUD/SBD liberated boot > CDR trade (unknown gen. - no MP3) > EAC (secure/offset corrected) > WAV > SHN

File Size: 694.6 MB (SHN)

Trade freely & enjoy!
Always up for trading good music with good people --
http://home.austin.rr.com/texastoys/trading/CDRlist.htm

DISC ONE
Deutschlandhalle
Berlin, W. Germany
September 16, 1970

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Roll Over Beethoven
03. Sympathy For The Devil
04. Stray Cat Blues
05. Love In Vain
06. Prodigal Son
07. You Gotta Move
08. Dead Flowers
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Live With Me
11. Let It Rock
12. Little Queenie
13. Brown Sugar
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. Street Fighting Man

Review from Rolling Stones FAQ:
"Above average audience tape but not great by modern standards. Very good performance before a wildly enthusiastic crowd. Parts of the concert are also available on LPs in varying quality. This Japanese CD is the best release yet of this concert and surpasses all previous LPs and CDs."

DISC TWO
Palais Des Sports
Paris, France
September 23, 1970

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. Roll Over Beethoven
03. Sympathy For The Devil
04. Stray Cat Blues
05. Love In Vain
06. Dead Flowers
07. Midnight Rambler
08. Live With Me
09. Let It Rock
10. Little Queenie
11. Brown Sugar

Review from Rolling Stones FAQ:
"The only 1970 soundboard recording to date, and a primitive one at that which surfaced in 1993. It's another fine 1970 show with a long "Brown Sugar" and hot "Sympathy." This Japanese CD is the best release yet of this concert and surpasses all previous CDs. For some reason it's missing the last two (inferior quality) songs from a radio broadcast which were on an earlier CD, also from VGP."
Info file View Info file (4.13 KB)
Category Rock'n'Roll
Last seeder Last activity 3:20 ago
Size 694.65 MB (728,397,128 bytes)
February 20th, 2005 07:03 PM
jpenn11 mac_daddy, you have PM

Charlotte and mac_daddy, I've seen a recent Taylor show made available on one of the bit torrent sites and then offered on eBay ($34 for 1 disc at last check!). Does anyone police this sort of thing? eBay's general approach seems to be "don't call us, we won't call you".

[Edited by jpenn11]
February 21st, 2005 09:42 PM
mac_daddy here is a torrent that might be of interest to some of you...

_____

thanks for the PM - i will get back to you asap...
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood