ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Pirates for Keith? Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 18th, 2005 01:58 AM
prism He doesn't want to be an actor!!
February 18th, 2005 02:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones are a committee. And anyone who thinks that all the money-grabbing ventures and scams is solely down to Mick and/or Cohl with no feedback or input from the others is living in dreamland. If Keith and the rest of the band had some idealistic doubts about rock 'n' rollers playing corporate gigs, being party to ticket scams and charging a week's wages for a decent concert ticket, they'd have vetoed it and those things would never have happened.

Sad, but indeed true. You'd think the fact that they didn't always live in huge villas and have a twenty-person staff around them would help to keep their heads on the ground. It's really pathetic what money can do to you.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be paid for what they're doing - but hey, they had themselves a chance of changing things and they ended up worse than those they didn't like.

And yes, since Keith's a close friend of Johnny's and he agreed to do it, he should just go ahead and shoot those stupid - what can it be, ten minutes? - and take the money they'd give him. As said, he could even do it without getting paid or giving away the money to charity. It's not like he needs it.

And though I'll agree that Mick gets all the bashing when it comes to things like that, a four-day-shoot in seven years of waiting, wouldn't change all that much for me, and I wouldn't nag even if Mick was doing it.
February 18th, 2005 03:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think this is good news. Sequels generally suck & Keith needs to get in the music studio.

Agree 100%. we need music, who wants another "Freejack"??
February 18th, 2005 04:21 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Oh, come on Jumy, you know nothing can ever beat "Freejack"

And it's only four days you guys... I mean, like my sister says, the only occassion they've been to studio during these past seven years was to drink a cup of coffee... Another four days can't possibly hurt.
February 18th, 2005 04:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
prism wrote:
Money has nothing to do with his reason not to act in the film, although it may be the reason he gave the producers. He's not into doing it.

in which case, why not just be honest and admit it? No harm done.

This story only makes him look like a prima donna with his head firmly wedged up his own arse.
February 18th, 2005 04:46 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh, come on Jumy, you know nothing can ever beat "Freejack"

And it's only four days you guys... I mean, like my sister says, the only occassion they've been to studio during these past seven years was to drink a cup of coffee... Another four days can't possibly hurt.

Correct too my sweet luminous
you see I m in a good mood today i agree with everybody here
February 18th, 2005 09:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

The WORST movie that I saw on my life.
February 19th, 2005 05:59 AM
prism He was TRYING to sound like a prima donna, in order to cover up the fact that he is scared to death of acting in that film. He'd rather you think he's arrogant than shy.
February 19th, 2005 10:46 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Sorry Ju, but as a matter of fact, I love Freejack
February 19th, 2005 12:02 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Sorry Ju, but as a matter of fact, I love Freejack

so my brazilian bro I guess you will love Freejack 2 featuring Chuck Leavell
have a nice week end !
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood