ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Champion's league is back tonight (100% NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 21st, 2006 10:10 AM
Jumacfly tonight:

Real Madrid / Arsenal
Psv Eindhoven / Lyon
Benfica Lisboa / Liverpool
Bayern Munich / AC Milan

Serious things are beginning tonight!!
it s gonna be a hot damn football night!!!
and tomorrow the big match between Chelsky and Barcelona, the revenge of the most beautiful game of the last european season!

tomorrow:

Chelsea / Barcelona
Glasgow Rangers / Villareal
Werder Bremen / Juventus
Ajax Amsterdam/ Inter Milan

ps: if we could avoid the posts ala "this is gay football, the only real football is our football" it would be cool thanks..

"Anyone want to bet with me??"
Mick Jagger, scotland 1982
February 21st, 2006 12:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man Being an avid hater of Arsenal, I'll be rooting for Real Madrid in tonight’s clash!

My hatred for other London clubs continues tomorrow, as I'll be cheering on the mighty Barcelona as they proceed to trample over pathetic Chelsea and their god-awful pitch!

As for Liverpool, well, I couldn't care less in al honesty. They were entertaining in last year’s final, so I’ll give them a break.
February 21st, 2006 05:36 PM
Gazza Great win for the Arse!!!
February 21st, 2006 05:43 PM
nanatod In a related vein, does anyone remember or have a tape of June 16, 1994's "Soccer Rocks the Globe," which took place right before the opening of the World Cup? The lineup was actually quite good for a multi-artist bill.
February 21st, 2006 05:59 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Great win for the Arse!!!

It was! it was all Henry though. Madrid didn't show up.
February 21st, 2006 06:27 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

It was! it was all Henry though. Madrid didn't show up.

Okay, I'll concede. Arsenal won and on the night, I guess they deserved it. I was watching the match on and off and Real Madrid just didn't seem to be up for it. You're right though. It REALLY is all Henry. Heaven forbid what'll happen to Arsenal when he leaves. He says he's staying, but Christ, talent like that doesn’t stay at a faltering club. A genius like Thierry Henry needs to be at a club who'll fulfil his ambitions and his help him fulfil his undoubted potent ional.

Thierry Henry. Please come to Old Trafford!
February 22nd, 2006 04:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Okay, I'll concede. Arsenal won and on the night, I guess they deserved it. I was watching the match on and off and Real Madrid just didn't seem to be up for it. You're right though. It REALLY is all Henry. Heaven forbid what'll happen to Arsenal when he leaves. He says he's staying, but Christ, talent like that doesn’t stay at a faltering club. A genius like Thierry Henry needs to be at a club who'll fulfil his ambitions and his help him fulfil his undoubted potent ional.

Thierry Henry. Please come to Old Trafford!

Henry at MU?? no way!!All the team plays for him, would it be the case in MU? No.
Arsenal has offered him a bigger contract.He may goes to Barca...imagine Henry/Ronaldinho, what a pair!!

Real was out yesterday, I'm proud of Arsenal becuz they had a rookie team and Wenger did a great coaching.players like Fabregas, Reyes, Flamini are the future of the club.
and Henry, what a goal!!
the biggest surprise of the night.

I ve watched PSV/Lyon and I bet Lyon will reach the semi finals this year.They're solid and more mature than last year.
allez L'OL!!

Milan did a pure italian game agaisnt Bayern,they ve scored on penalty.Munich scored first with an exceptionnal goal of Ballack!!

Liverpool can still do it,but sadly Cissé and Morientes seem lost on the field..

the rest tonight, with the big match Chelsea Barca!!

cheers

JU
February 22nd, 2006 05:07 AM
shakedhandswithkeith I`m going to see tonight Werder Bremen - Juventus, hope that Miro Klose will back and that we (BREMEN, my hometown) will win!
February 22nd, 2006 05:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
I`m going to see tonight Werder Bremen - Juventus, hope that Miro Klose will back and that we (BREMEN, my hometown) will win!

It will be a good game.Bremen got a good team with Klose and Micoud.Beware of Del piero, in great shape nowadays and Ibrahimovic, who scored several crucial goals on last games.
Trezeguet is always dangerous too.
Good luck to you mate!
February 22nd, 2006 06:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Henry at MU?? no way!!All the team plays for him, would it be the case in MU? No.

I was joking! As a closet Manutd fan, it would be nice though! I don't quite get you're comment about the other United players not playing for him, but oh well! I suppose the reason this is the case with the Gunners is because he IS Arsenal. They play for him because he's the only one who can do ANYTHING with the ball! If you've been following them in the Premiership, you'd know that Arsenal are REALLY struggling at the moment and any moment of glory tends to involve Henry. If he goes, Arsenal are finished. Yes, there’s some talent coming through, but they're certainly not the same calibre as the United youngsters from '95.

In a way, I am pleased that they are doing well. I DO like the underdog in these games and who knows? They could become this seasons Liverpool!

Anyway, enough about Arsenal. Come on Barcelona!
February 22nd, 2006 07:24 AM
Jumacfly good point Alex!!
Arsenal and United are too far to struggle with Chelski...you re right about Henry and the rest of the team..if he leaves them at the end of the season, they ll become another anonymous club of premier league, ala Bolton or M'Boro
anyway, if Bolton could beat Marseille this week, I ll be glad to raise my glass to them!

cheers my friend

Ju
February 22nd, 2006 07:49 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Beware of Del piero...

I will do my very best
February 22nd, 2006 07:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
good point Alex!!
Arsenal and United are too far to struggle with Chelski...you re right about Henry and the rest of the team..if he leaves them at the end of the season, they ll become another anonymous club of premier league, ala Bolton or M'Boro
anyway, if Bolton could beat Marseille this week, I ll be glad to raise my glass to them!

cheers my friend

Ju

Middlesboro thrashed Chelsea 3-0 the other week. Fluke or not, it proves Chelsea can be comfortably beaten. I just hope Barcelona do the same tonight! As good as Chelsea are, I just can't see them winning tonight. A draw maybe, but I think Barcelona will come through victorious. I just hope they can perform on Chelsea’s pitch! Have you seen it? It's quite the talking point over here!

Anyway, of the board 'till next Tuesday now!

Au revoir

Alex

February 22nd, 2006 07:57 AM
Jumacfly yes, the pitch is awful!!
see ya alex
Ju
February 22nd, 2006 09:01 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff
strenght Barça!!!!!!!
hoping....
* final Barcelona-Lyon
* juventus out with the gunners (3 goals of Henry)
* milan out with liverpool ...again!

and next year Roma in champion league!!!!!
February 22nd, 2006 09:41 AM
Jumacfly Fabio I was sure you would visit this thread
im with you on this one!!
Hope Totti will be ok for the World cup, football needs such a genious like him!!
see you soon on the mail
Ju
February 22nd, 2006 10:12 AM
speedfreakjive As a Briton, I am torn between Chelsea and Barca. I have a Barca shirt, and I prefer the way they play(more attacking) to Chelsea, but I have a soft spot for Lampard ; a truly great player!
February 22nd, 2006 10:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
As a Briton, I am torn between Chelsea and Barca. I have a Barca shirt, and I prefer the way they play(more attacking) to Chelsea, but I have a soft spot for Lampard ; a truly great player!

Chelsea is a brit team??
I thought they were russians
[Edited by Jumacfly]
February 22nd, 2006 11:41 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Chelsea is a brit team??
I thought they were russians
[Edited by Jumacfly]

lmfao. yes they are!!
but they have more English players than Arsenal, (Terry, Lampard, Cole), and are IMO less arrogant than Arsenal were in the past. Arsenal were the first "British" team to win away at Madrid, but with 0 British players on the pitch. Real Madrid had 2!! You going for Arsenal because of the "French Connection"?
February 22nd, 2006 01:20 PM
shakedhandswithkeith I have to go now to the Weserstadion, hope to see a good game!
February 22nd, 2006 01:48 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

You going for Arsenal because of the "French Connection"?

a little guilty pleasure, yes.
but to be honest, the only brit football shirt I owe is a Tottenham one
I used to be a very fidel supporter, seen 300 matches of my local team (which sucks these days LOL)but was amazed by the stupidity of the situation when I began playing music a few years ago.

I still love football but just for the beauty of the game..oh, you probably know this one but I guess we can share this moment of joy and happpiness together

February 22nd, 2006 04:21 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff wow! I love their white immacolate socks....
February 22nd, 2006 04:28 PM
glencar I'm so excited I'm typing this with my closed eyelids...
February 22nd, 2006 06:55 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

a little guilty pleasure, yes.
but to be honest, the only brit football shirt I owe is a Tottenham one
I used to be a very fidel supporter, seen 300 matches of my local team (which sucks these days LOL)but was amazed by the stupidity of the situation when I began playing music a few years ago.

I still love football but just for the beauty of the game..oh, you probably know this one but I guess we can share this moment of joy and happpiness together

haha. I'm a Leeds fan. The one in a Leeds shirt looks a bit of a dog,(top row, 4th from left) as we say over here! hehe. Funny pic
Yes, football is not my no.1 passion Ju. No prizes for guessing what is . I've played informally with friends and for 5-a-side teams, but i'm nothing special . I've been to 4 Leeds Utd games, and i've been lucky enough to see us win each time!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
February 22nd, 2006 07:03 PM
speedfreakjive Barca come back from 1-0 down to put themselves in a great position!
Great match to watch, although Del Horno clearly didn't deserve a red card for that 'collision'. Terry was unlucky though, but Barca could have had three in that spell at the end of the second half. I have to say Barca's second goal was Amazing! Beautiful build up play; great passing, pefrext cross for Eto. Chelsea will now have to win 2-0 at the Nou Camp to progress to the next round.
February 23rd, 2006 04:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Barca come back from 1-0 down to put themselves in a great position!
Great match to watch, although Del Horno clearly didn't deserve a red card for that 'collision'. Terry was unlucky though, but Barca could have had three in that spell at the end of the second half. I have to say Barca's second goal was Amazing! Beautiful build up play; great passing, pefrext cross for Eto. Chelsea will now have to win 2-0 at the Nou Camp to progress to the next round.

Amazing second half time.
Mourinho's face was priceless after the Eto'o goal .
as soon as Ronaldinho, the best player of the world, was replaced in the center of the field the match has totally changed.
Congrats to the Werder too, who scored 2 goals to finally win 3/2 against Juve!!
February 23rd, 2006 04:22 AM
shakedhandswithkeith what a game, I lost 10 years of my life in the second half........but we will see what it is for, I doubt that Werder will be in the next round.
February 23rd, 2006 04:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
what a game, I lost 10 years of my life in the second half........but we will see what it is for, I doubt that Werder will be in the next round.

the Werder defense is something very special
If they play like that in Italy it will be very hard to be in the next round.
Werder got many very good players, I 've liked the performance of Torten Frings, Klasnic and Borowski yesterday!!and Micoud of course
February 23rd, 2006 05:46 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the Werder defense is something very special
If they play like that in Italy it will be very hard to be in the next round.
Werder got many very good players, I 've liked the performance of Torten Frings, Klasnic and Borowski yesterday!!and Micoud of course

don`t forget the keeper Tim Wiese,you are right, you will not find these kind of defense in europe, perhaps in asia...
February 23rd, 2006 05:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

don`t forget the keeper Tim Wiese,you are right, you will not find these kind of defense in europe, perhaps in asia...

in asia or on my playstation !
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)