ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

©
Madafaka Click the image to enlarge it
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: for all the Who lovers Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 17th, 2006 09:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Navin wrote:

Why was Kenny Jones left out of the line-up after 1982...did he quit or was he asked to leave ?

M&M's fun

Kenny Jones got in a fight ( argument ) with Roger in 1981 . Basically , Roger blamed Kenny for the fact that the band could NOT chart any new territory musically ...............Kenny BARELY stuck around for the 1982 ( Farewell ) tour and Pete bought out Kenny's share of THE WHO's recording contract in 1983 . Word .

|
|
V

February 17th, 2006 09:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Kenny Jones got in a fight ( argument ) with Roger in 1981 . Basically , Roger blamed Kenny for the fact that the band could NOT chart any new territory musically ...............Kenny BARELY stuck around for the 1982 ( Farewell ) tour and Pete bought out Kenny's share of THE WHO's recording contract in 1983 . Word .

|
|
V

Wow, I never knew all that. I don't see why Kenny would be blamed for the band not breaking any new ground, he was a new member when "Face Dances" first came out after all and the main songwriter had always been Pete. That would be like Jagger blaming Ron Wood for "Black And Blue" not breaking enough new ground musically.
February 17th, 2006 09:45 AM
Joey [quote]Break The Spell wrote:

" I don't see why Kenny would be blamed for the band not breaking any new ground, he was a new member when "Face Dances" first came out after all and the main songwriter had always been Pete. That would be like Jagger blaming Ron Wood for "Black And Blue" not breaking enough new ground musically. "

Amen --- the ENORMITY of being THE WHO's main songwriter weighed heavily on Pete during this time and led to the dissolution of the group after the 1982 " Farewell " Tour --- Thank HEAVEN Pete & Company have returned since then as they are VERY FRIGGIN GOOD at what they do for a living .................. Word !

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=245&zone=diary

JACKY !

February 17th, 2006 09:46 AM
Navin
Thanks for the story, Joey - this part about Kenny and his 1982 departure has remarkably found no mention in most of the stories about the band's history

Maybe the album title 'Face Dances' was inspired by the one-time Face in the Who!!
February 17th, 2006 09:49 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Navin wrote:

Thanks for the story, Joey - this part about Kenny and his 1982 departure has remarkably found no mention in most of the stories about the band's history

Maybe the album title 'Face Dances' was inspired by the one-time Face in the Who!!

Yes, it seems Kenny is hardly mentioned at all in the history of The Who, true he was only there for a few years but he did play on two of their albums.
February 17th, 2006 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Navin wrote:

My pleasure Navin ..........................

The Who did the right thing in choosing Kenny as their drummer to replace Keith .

Kenny Jones was the only one around -- there was nobody else . Word .

Joe Sea
February 17th, 2006 11:22 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

My pleasure Navin ..........................

The Who did the right thing in choosing Kenny as their drummer to replace Keith .

Kenny Jones was the only one around -- there was nobody else . Word .

Joe Sea

I was always curious about how Clem Burke, the drummer of Blondie might have fit in. Live, his drumming style and onstage antics are similar to Moon, of course he couldn't have stepped in because Blondie was at their peak in the late 70's. It might have been interesting to hear what he could have done back then on a Who album.
February 17th, 2006 12:06 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I was always curious about how Clem Burke, the drummer of Blondie might have fit in. Live, his drumming style and onstage antics are similar to Moon, of course he couldn't have stepped in because Blondie was at their peak in the late 70's. It might have been interesting to hear what he could have done back then on a Who album.

I believe Clem Burke was a big fan of Moonie's !!!!

I believe ......................

February 17th, 2006 12:08 PM
PeerQueer Clam Bake was one of Elvis' most despicable efforts...
February 17th, 2006 12:09 PM
Joey " Clam Bake was one of Elvis' most despicable efforts..."

***** SNIFF ******

February 17th, 2006 12:20 PM
PeerQueer Momma's little baby loves clambake-clambake

mmmmmmmm clambake-clambake

Momma's little baby love clambake too!
February 17th, 2006 12:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Clam Bake was one of Elvis' most despicable efforts..."

***** SNIFF ******

Bring back the headband!!
February 17th, 2006 01:06 PM
PeerQueer Pete's blue eyes are absolutely stunning!
February 17th, 2006 02:16 PM
Joey " Pete's blue eyes are absolutely stunning!"

February 17th, 2006 02:21 PM
nanatod "Pete's blue eyes are absolutely stunning!"

But is there anything behind blue eyes?
February 17th, 2006 02:24 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Pete's blue eyes are absolutely stunning!"

______

Joey is among the finest poster on this board.

He shall be remembered in song long after the world changes costume once more...
February 17th, 2006 02:36 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

______

Joey is among the finest poster on this board.

He shall be remembered in song long after the world changes costume once more...

Come To Joey .............................

February 17th, 2006 02:58 PM
BILL PERKS THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT DVD IS THE BEST DVD I OWN..FANTASTIC QUALITY,TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND INDCRIDIBLE SOUND RESTORATION..ITS A MUST HAVE
February 17th, 2006 03:00 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT DVD IS THE BEST DVD I OWN..FANTASTIC QUALITY,TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND INDCRIDIBLE SOUND RESTORATION..ITS A MUST HAVE

I like the tour of where they played in the early days. All around great dvd.
February 17th, 2006 03:09 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT DVD IS THE BEST DVD I OWN..FANTASTIC QUALITY,TRIVIA QUESTIONS AND INDCRIDIBLE SOUND RESTORATION..ITS A MUST HAVE

You are much loved by the Joeykins !

February 17th, 2006 03:22 PM
Break The Spell The Quadraphenia / Tommy DVD concerts they just put out are good too.
February 17th, 2006 04:36 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I think the London Coliseum '69 show is rumored to be coming to DVD later this year? Should be the ultimate Who DVD if it does.
February 17th, 2006 05:39 PM
Joey
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
I think the London Coliseum '69 show is rumored to be coming to DVD later this year? Should be the ultimate Who DVD if it does.

THE WHO European Tour Dates are beginning to roll in ....

" Who to play Liverpool July 5 & 6th
3 German Dates confirmed! (Feb 16)
TWO July Fesitval Dates CONFIRMED so far ..(Feb 13th)
OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED Dec 22nd - WHO 2006 WORLD TOUR!! (Dec 22) "

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/who2006.html

February 17th, 2006 06:12 PM
Navin
Neal Smith, who played drums with the Alice Cooper Band (1969-74) could have been Keith Moon's replacement.

Neal is quite an incredible player for those who know about the classic AC Group. The riff on the "Billion Dollar Babies" single was based around that drumming -"boom-chip-chip-a-bip-bip-a-dibba-dibba"

A bit of trivia: In the 70's Neal would call Moon up and ask how many sets of drums he played with, and would then add one more to his own set.
February 17th, 2006 06:59 PM
Gimme Shelter Getting back to Kenny Jones. He did play with them in '85 at Live Aid. Can't wait for the new tour.
February 17th, 2006 07:51 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

Come To Joey .............................

_____________-

Word on the street is Joey has been nominated for Rocks Off poster of the year! I for one fully support that nomination.

Joey, you are a man among mere boys...

JB, Pug, Pdog, Saint Sway...they all pale in comparison to what you provide this place.

Without Joey, Rocks Off would merely be another pathetic internet site lacking real soul and wit.

Yes, I said what I mean and I mean what I said - Joey is the heart and soul of Rocks Off!

He gots the silver...
February 18th, 2006 04:03 AM
Child of the Moon Joey, you are my hero. I would ike to nuzzle you...
February 18th, 2006 04:16 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Joey wrote:
THE WHO European Tour Dates are beginning to roll in ....

3 German Dates confirmed! (Feb 16)

The Who will play in Bonn on July 11th, Berlin July 12th and Ulm July 23rd. Tickets available at www.eventim.de
Word.
February 20th, 2006 08:27 AM
Gazza The Daily Star reports today that its now confirmed that the Who shall be returning to the city which spawned their greatest live album by headlining the O2 Wireless Festival in Leeds on June 25th

Townshend's site also reports that there should be an announcement any day now on two Liverpool shows at the Pops festival (I think these shows are held in a 4,000 capacity tent or something) on July 5 and 6. Tickets may be on sale this Friday.
February 20th, 2006 07:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Getting back to Kenny Jones. He did play with them in '85 at Live Aid. Can't wait for the new tour.

That is true ..................... but the boys did NOT want to perform together ( Geldof practically BEGGED the band to ' keep it together ' that day ) and it was the WORST WHO YET !!!!!

Word .
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)