ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Beatles V. Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-20-03 10:41 AM
F505 Yer Blues: great rocksong
02-20-03 10:57 AM
Street Fighting Man The Beatles and the Stones both fall into the super group category. The Stones 60's tunes (Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Ruby Tuesday, etc.) hold up well with the Beatles work (Let It Be, Revolution, etc.). I've never been into the Beatles vs. Stones debate. It's kind of an exercise in lost words, because you'll never convince anyone either way. Personally, I think the music of both bands is extrodinary!

As for the Beatles, sales of their CDs, mercandise, etc. continues to astound (perticularly since they haven't really been an active band for 33 years, except for a couple of "knock-off" tunes for the Anthology CDs).

As for the Stones, their longevity and worldwide touring coninues to astound (particularly since there's really no other active touring band like them from the same era - e.g., 3 year global tours, in 3 venues!)

Enough said - enjoy the music!
02-20-03 11:08 AM
Boomhauer Ok, ok....I'll admit it*.....

The Beatles are better than the STones...

*I am under heavy medication...
02-20-03 11:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think Riffhard summed it up perfectly The Beatles were dressed in those suits and promoted that way by Brian Epstein. John allows made it clear in private that he HATED those suits, where as Macca quite like them. The Stones were allowed to dress casually. Andrew Oldham portrayed them to be hooligans and silly little incidents like Bill Pissing on a wall just highlighted what Andew wanted the public to beleive they were like.

I think i read somewhere that there are pictures of the Beatles crawling out of Amsterdam Whore Houses. Now put that in Beatles Monthly! There is also a little known story about John Lennon raping a girl before a Beatles concert. Thats very sad and no one should beleive it.

Alex
02-20-03 11:28 AM
Mother baby [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think Riffhard summed it up perfectly

Yeah that was a good post...well written.

John allows made it clear in private that he HATED those suits, where as Macca quite like them.

LOL...that figures!!!! But at least they weren't made of polyester ...like those 70's "Leisure Suits".

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-20-03 06:40 PM
corgi37 Dont tell me the beatles suddenly discoverd hard rock because they were geniuses. The gay pricks were wandering around in silk and satin pirate outfits for fucks sake, while bands like the doors were singing the end (and we know what line is in that song) and wearing black leather. After sgt pepper, which is a SHIT record (so is satanic majesties, but i think its stood the test of time better!) the beatles were lost. Funny how as band like the doors, stones, creedance started bringing out back to basics style rock and blues, the beatles changed from cute funsters, to serious young insects. Ohh, they grew their hair so very long. And unshaven... Mmm, heavens, so rebellious. The beatles got all tough when they started to get left behind. All of a sudden, its yer blues, and why dont we do it in the road. They were trying to catch up! After jjflash and beggars, the beatles seemed so harmless, once again. ANd any band with ringo in it simply CANNOT be taken seriously. And, the stones never had a cartoon made of them!! Though, it would kinda be cool to have one. Imagine an animated mick and maryanne with mars bars, and cartoon keith solving mysteries with brian and bill in the shagging wagon. But i digress. The little gentle flowers couldnt even handle touring and deserted their fans. The stones never have. Let it be??? Nah, fucking Let it bleed!!!!!!
02-20-03 07:03 PM
Mother baby
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
ANd any band with ringo in it simply CANNOT be taken seriously.

The little gentle flowers couldnt even handle touring and deserted their fans. The stones never have. Let it be??? Nah, fucking Let it bleed!!!!!!

Dammit all...LOL...I was hoping to see this thread relegated to page two by now! But you make a good point about the touring...that was kinda the beginning of the end.
02-20-03 09:30 PM
doo doo doo Dude >Dammit all...LOL...I was hoping to see this thread relegated to page two by now! <

Mother baby, since jb never showed, I'm taking your side in the whole Beatles vs. Stones controversy (I was just being a smartass anyway

02-20-03 11:15 PM
Mother baby [quote]doo doo doo Dude wrote:
Mother baby, since jb never showed,
well you can't blame him really, its kind of worn out.

I'm taking your side in the whole Beatles vs. Stones controversy (I was just being a smartass anyway

I like some of The Beatles work okay...I like Ac/dc, I like whoever...when I got up this morning I had seriously thoughts about whacking the thread. I should never have framed it like that "Beatles v. Stones" , I should have done something else because I was really talking about liking other music while keeping the Stones primary. In my view comparing the Rolling Stones with anyone else is kind of a moot point. The Stones are on top of MT. Olyumpus, all the rest of the bands are somewhere down in the valley.

02-21-03 01:32 AM
gypsymofo60 Well I reckon Gary Glitter shits all over both of 'em, so there!.....Kiddie tours to Thailand anyone?
02-21-03 01:56 AM
VirginiaMonkeyMan If Lennon was alive today I know what he would be saying and I know what he would be doing. And I would tell him to eat may assssss!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST