ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Darryl Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-19-03 05:16 PM
luxury1 BeautyS--it's OK--I like Darryl too. Some of us are bored with no tour in the States, and we have nothing better to do than compare scale readings. And I bet Mick weighs more than 140--muscle is heavy, and he has bulked up a bit lately.
jb--I dont think Keith has a gut--he is barrel-chested, and that body type sometimes appears to be gut-heavy--he looked lean and mean in that Aussie beach photo the other day.
Man, see, we are bored!!
02-19-03 06:34 PM
ChrisEditor Ugh...I'm not sure how many more posts I can see of Strange Stray Cat saying Daryll is to fat.

I suppose he could come online and tell you his name is spelled Darryl and that your grammar sucks. It's TOO fat.

But I'm guessing he's not as petty as you.
02-19-03 07:46 PM
Martha Luxy I got the 140lb. report on Mick from another thread..someone watched (supposedly) him get on the scale at a health club where he worked out somewhere along the way during this tour. It read 140.

Whatever he actually weighs he's damn thin even with those great looking biceps.

Weighing in on the boys a sign of post tour depression...perhaps..but what's a depressed fan to do?

I am listening to the boots Ronnie, I AM!
02-19-03 08:25 PM
Mr T Darryl's not my favorite bass player, but I like him better than Ronnie
02-19-03 09:37 PM
BILL PERKS MICK LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT BUT HE'S HAD PLUGS DONE TO THE FRONT OF HIS HEAD.IN BEING MICK THERE'S A SIDE VIEW OF HOW FAR BACK HIS HAIRLINE HAS RECEEDED.BUT WHO CARES THE CORE MEMBERS ALL LOOK GREAT AND I HOPE WE CAN ALL LOOK THAT GOOD PUSHING 60.YEAH RIGHT!UNFORTUNATELY,BILL NOW LOOKS LIKE ANN B. DAVIS,I WONDER IF HE DID HER TOO.
02-19-03 09:45 PM
MP I feel privileged....weigh the same as Mick...LOL
02-19-03 11:12 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
MP wrote:
I feel privileged....weigh the same as Mick...LOL

Ah, come on now MP, don't lie...

Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies...
02-20-03 12:06 AM
sammy davis jr. I'm just glad they're all still standing...I honestly believed one of them would've keeled over by now. This has turned into a LONG tour, even if they do play every other night at the most. Plus the promo shit they do, the art shows, tv appearances, press conferences, etc. etc. It's hard to be "on" for that long. They've impressed me, even though at times the music hasn't.
02-20-03 12:35 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
I'm just glad they're all still standing...I honestly believed one of them would've keeled over by now. This has turned into a LONG tour, even if they do play every other night at the most. Plus the promo shit they do, the art shows, tv appearances, press conferences, etc. etc. It's hard to be "on" for that long. They've impressed me, even though at times the music hasn't.

No offense but Sammy Davis Jr only had one eye.

And, aren't you supposed to be dead???
02-20-03 06:57 AM
F505 A QUESTION TO BILL PERKS: DO YOU HAVE A CAPS LOCK ON YOUR COMPUTER. I NEVER READ YOUR POSTS BECAUSE I GET AN HEADACHE OF ALL THOSE CAPITALS.
02-20-03 11:19 AM
sammy davis jr. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not dead. I'm alive and well and living in Barbados. I still only have one eye, but I'm working on that.
02-20-03 01:49 PM
glencar I had my pic taken with Daryl in Vegas so even though he's fat I say, "So what?"
02-20-03 03:15 PM
Miss U. Is Daryll of Haitian descent? His eyes look like it, very nice eyes.
02-20-03 06:39 PM
CousinCocaine To tell the truth I'm kinda disapointed with D. Jones.

He's a great player and I was expecting much. But somehow he doesn't do much to the sound. Just listen to those little basslines from Billboy. You don't get nothin like that from Daryl!
And I don't see him any more relaxt than on last tours.He was dancin along on BtB as well.
CC
02-20-03 09:21 PM
Hooked On the Stones/side players weight ratings, I might put Blondie lighter than Keith. certainly appears he might Nolte more than Keith lately.

And, Sammy Davis Jr, what's your current dead weight? Alive: probably about 130, 132 with the eye.

Rat Pack weight order:

Dean Martin: 175
Frank Sinatra: 155 (in his younger days before he got fatter with the Mob)
Sammy: 130-132
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST