ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Biggest Suprise, So Far, This Tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-16-03 10:46 AM
Stones Fan, Gar What was your biggest suprise this tour so far? Something that just made a show for you or something that struck you as incredible. For me, it was getting a 2nd chance to see the band when they added dates. Also, I'd have to say Waiting On A Friend at the United Center on Jan.22. Just wondering, Gar!
[Edited by Stones Fan, Gar]
02-16-03 10:49 AM
Scot Rocks Chuck is still there!!!!lol

02-16-03 11:07 AM
steel driving hammer For me it was Comiskey Park, right next to the B Stage!
Attending the Aragon show!
And the song Neighbors just blew me away...!

Fuck Yeah Baby!

All the way baby, all the way...
02-16-03 11:25 AM
Riffhard Three words....."She Smiled Sweetly"

Riffhard
02-16-03 11:33 AM
steel driving hammer Yep, Riffhard! Damm straight!

Also six words, Thats How Strong My Love Is....

02-16-03 11:34 AM
Stones Fan, Gar I was at Comisky also. 2 words Love Train! My view of the b stage was obscured by the lighting tower and other equipment, so it was a scramble up the steps, too cool.
02-16-03 11:44 AM
steel driving hammer Anyone have the inside scoop as to why they dropped Love Train?

That song was EXPLOSIVE! And the Aud really got into it!

Did Keith think it over shadowed his 2 song set?

That was a GREAT song, and great timing in the world we live in today!

Strange they dropped it...
02-16-03 12:30 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im sorry SDH, but "Love Train" is a Big Girls Blouse of a song!

Awful, Awful, Awful!

For me, the biggest suprise of this tour? COME ON, its gotta be "DANCE PT 1"!!!!!!!!!!

Alex
02-16-03 01:15 PM
Madafaka The SURPRISE of this tour was She Smiled Sweetly. No doubt!
02-16-03 01:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and that Ronnie ain't no virgin
02-16-03 01:21 PM
steel driving hammer Good point Alex, but from the 5 Licks shows I've seen,
Love Train really gets the crowd up off their arse!

Love Train and Neighbors are my thanks on this tour.

02-16-03 01:25 PM
Moonisup Like a rolling stone, by far
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-16-03 01:37 PM
throbby Tickets to Roseland and seeing the boys do "She Smiled Sweetly" and Mick freak out doing "That's How Strong My Love Is". Also, taking the elevator up in Philly with none other than Ron Wood, his wife and son. Very, very nice people.
02-16-03 01:48 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Throbby, I think I would have soiled myself if I ever met a Stone! Did you and Ron speak? How cool is that?
02-16-03 02:40 PM
Martha Biggest surprise...Keith's playing, starting at the Detroit show and onward. Blew me away completely.

I am his newest disciple.

Biggest thrill..hearing "CYHMK" for the first time live...again for me this happened at the Ford Field show in Detroit..10/12/02. I practically had a stroke when I heard those familiar chords being ripped by Keef that night...stroke me Ronnie.

I love "Love Train"..lots of fun a real crowd pleaser.

Nice thread!

And I LOVE that Ronnie photo, SDH.

02-16-03 02:44 PM
Moonisup yeah that ronnie pic

ain't that in the ARena??
02-16-03 03:10 PM
throbby You know, that was one hell of a weekend in Philly. First we saw the FUC show on Friday night which was a great show. The next morning I'm waiting for the elevator, the door opens and standing there is Chuck L. in his workout gear heading up from the gym. Walking in the elevator after me is someone from the music industry. This gentleman greets Chuck and then asks him how the show went Friday night. Chuck tells him it went very well and then goes on to say that Don Was saw the show and told Chuck that the FUC show was "the best live rock show he's ever seen". A sidenote on Chuck, I agree with most of the keyboard comments on this board but I must say, Chuck is a true gentleman in every sense of the word. You'd only have to meet him once to realize it. Later on Saturday it gets better. We leave our room in the afternoon to do a little sight seeing and wine drinking. As we're walking down the hall a door opens up ahead and out walks this industry guy, that was in the elevator with Chuck, and behind him is a black shaggy haired dude in a cool tank top named Ron. They turn and begin walking toward us (one hell of a rush I might add), as Ron passes he looks at me, smiles and says hello. A very friendly soul Mr. Wood is. Later that night as we're leaving the hotel bar Mr Wood goes racing by toward the elevator hoping to avoid those in the lobby chairs seeking autographs. He ends up signing one and reluctantly posing for a quick picture. We all end up waiting for the elevator at the same time. He and his family step in and my wife and I are a little reluctant to follow, wishing to respect their privacy. They then hold the door and motion for us to step in. No Gar, I didn't do anything more than to say hello again. I saw a few minutes before what they have to deal with on a regular basis, didn't feel right, like I'd be infringing on his personal privacy. Ron's wife and son were very nice, as was Ron. I remember him studying the art print on the elevator wall. Our rooms were located on the same floor and Ron said goodnight to us as he entered his room.

Then we saw the Stones at Tower. What a fucking weekend!

Life is good!
02-16-03 03:12 PM
Moonisup I really believe chuck is nice and stuff, but not the right pianoplayer for the stones,
nice story btw
edit:

I must add, that fans like you throbby are respected, you don't do crazy things, even when you are in an elevator with them!!

yes that was a great thing to do.
[Edited by Moonisup]
02-16-03 03:34 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Yes, a true fan, like Throbby would respect an artist privacy. I only wish I could have the same composure not to make an ass of myself in the presence of someone whom I respect so much. I have never had any desire to squat in a hotel lobby to gawk at a star, or stuff a camera in their face. I would have to say, I am satisfied with seeing them work. I can always say I was in the same room with the Stones, even if it was a really BIG room, LOL.
02-16-03 03:56 PM
Moonisup when I drive to my work I see alot of stones whahahahahaha

sorry
02-16-03 04:17 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
when I drive to my work I see alot of stones whahahahahaha

sorry

Rik, stay away from the wodka...
02-16-03 06:32 PM
T&A Given we knew what they rehearsed there weren't really that many surprises once the tour started. The surprises were all the gems they tried out in rehearsal (most of which we ain't heard yet!!). But, out of that long list, I think you could easily cite She Smiled Sweetly as the most unexpected.
02-16-03 06:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man NEVER STAY AWAY FROM WODKA RIK!

Ive had a great night. Went out, had 4 pints of Fosters and a Budweiser. Entered a pub quiz and the ate quater pounder with cheese and chips. Got the old man to pick me up and now im typinmg this message. Great night!

Voodoo, Ronnie aint no virgin, AND neither is Alex. Thanks to Lovely French Young Things

Alex
02-17-03 11:31 AM
Martha Throbby,damn great story and how nice of you to realize the intensity of what Ronnie and the Stones must deal with and then respecting his space accordingly and treating him kindly. You can live out the rest of your life knowing you had that moment..a real life moment in time where you caught a glimpse of him and his life with wife and son...nothing is cooler than that...nothing! I'm so happy for you thanks for sharing that wonderful story.

I get to dream that I'm hanging out with the boys once in awhile and the last dream centered around Ronnie... he just hugged me like a good friend would..so I knew he was sweet and easygoing!

Hey people.....
I know it's only rock and roll......but I LIKE it!
02-17-03 02:33 PM
jb 1) They refused to invite the great Mick Taylor for even 1 special appearence...2)that little hands Wyman did not join them 3)their virtually making Leavell the musical director 4)poor sound quality at B stage still not fixed 5)Keith's inconsistant playing 6)my failure to procure oral sex at any of the shows I attended.
02-17-03 03:12 PM
luxury1 Mick taking my hat to Australia with him.
02-17-03 03:16 PM
Riffhard What? Luxury please elaborate. Is there a photo of said hat?

Riffhard
02-17-03 03:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
6)my failure to procure oral sex at any of the shows I attended.

JB with those prices you paid for MSG I would have thought
that was part of the package, so to speak

For me it was Dance Pt1 and CYHMK

02-17-03 03:26 PM
luxury1 Oh Riffy--you missed my story?? I gave Mick a hat at the end of the show in Montreal, which he thanked me for ON STAGE, and then he wore it the following day when leaving the hotel for the airport. It was a black fedora. And since then, there has been one on the end of his wardrobe rack on stage (it aint mine though--but I did give him the idea to start wearing one again--he is such a great "hat person"). Well, at the beginning of the MSG show there is some footage of him wearing MY hat into the gig, and on Doug's board on the Australia thread, under They're Here, LadyJane just informed me there is MIck wearing a black fedora arriving in OZ. COuld it be?? I say so......
02-17-03 03:27 PM
throbby
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST