ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image and watch the show!
© Marcelo Sayao/ZUMA with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Suggestions for the Stones (band image is too corporate) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
February 11th, 2006 06:33 PM
Poison Dart I have a few (no brainer) suggestions for the Stones for their next project (assuming there will be one)

1/ Lower the fucking ticket prices - Many people feel the Stones have stopped being a rock band and exist soley as corporate entity. Just think how the bands image has changed over the years. The Stones were once thought of as the "bad boys of rock and roll" now they are looked at in the same light as investment bankers.

The Stones are making themselves look bad in the eyes of the public and the media with these outrageous ticket prices. Even other artists who worship the Stones (Tom Petty,Billy Joel,John Melloncamp) have come out on record and asked "how much is enough" in regards to the Stones. Mick's response "Stones tix are a commodity like fish" is bullshit. The Stones are making themselves look really bad. If I want that attitude I'd go to an accountant not what is suppose to be a rock band. I really think this corporate image is hurting the band badly. Perception is reality. And in many peoples mind band like U2 care about the music while the Stones simply care about the money. I don't feel that is 100% true. But the case can be made.

2/ Hire Rick Rubin to produce the next cd - Is it just a coincedence that Jagger put out his best solo record (it's not even close) when he had Rick Rubin pushing him? Jagger is said to not get along well w/Rubin. But perhaps that is just what the Stones need to break the cycle that they are in. The general feeling is that the Stones put out product rather than music these days. Rubin would be the one person who could tell Mick/Keith no and could deliver the great earthy/blues record that I know the Stones still have in them.

Mind you I'm not one to put down new Stones music (it gets a bad rap for various reasons) The new music is good to very good, But it's not truly great. Perhaps, Rubin could take these good tracks and make them great. The man seems to have a knack of cutting right through the bullshit and getting the best out of any given artist.

3/ Stop trying to get on MTV - It ain't gonna happen. Did anybody see the Rain Fall Down video with that young couple simulating sex? It reeked of being desperate to be controversial and get airplay on MTV. Enough of that crap. The Stones don't need any more rap (ASMB)or other blatant attempts to sound "young" I think Rubin would be the right guy to make an "adult" Stones record. Do we really need to hear a 65 year old Jagger with songs like "Gunface" and "Everybody get Juiced? I want to hear a more refined more mature Stones that people will believe 60 something year old billionaires are thinking about. How is it that the Stones wrote more mature songs "Salt of the Earth" and "Moonlight Mile" in their 20's and 30's. But in their 60's they are writting about their cocks?

4/ Don't put out a live cd of this tour. Nobody wants it and nobody will buy it. Sure record the songs for future box set release. But the world does not need another Stones live cd.

5/ Truly grow this music up/MAKE MUSIC NOT PRODUCT- If the Stones are going to continue to make new music (I think they will and I also think they should)make the music grow up with them. Less Streets of Love (top 40 crap) and more "Back of my Hand" and more experimental tunes that have touches of Jazz "How can I Stop" (how great was Keith's the "Nearness of You") and blues to go along w/some rockers. MAKE MUSIC NOT PRODUCT

The next few years are going to be interesting for the Stones. They could really make their music grow up and dare I say grow old. Or they could continue to have illusions that 15 year old girls want to hear pop music from the nearly 70 year old Rolling Stones. The fact of the matter is the audience is smart enough to see through the Stones attempts to get airplay. I WANT TO SEE THE STONES TRULY GROW THIS MUSIC UP and lose any ideas of getting top 40 airplay. Only then will they get the reviews and sales they deserve.

Long live the Stones!!!!

[Edited by Poison Dart]
[Edited by Poison Dart]
February 11th, 2006 07:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA Absolutly....
February 11th, 2006 08:38 PM
MrPleasant Por qué no consigues que tu... tu carnal nos compre some wine ese, ándale, pinche bato, puto, hombre, no te hagas nalga, hombre... no seas tan MENSO, hombre, ándale, dile, ¿POR QUÉ NO?, ándale, pinche vino, más sua... más suave es, más... más lindo que la chingada, hombre, ándale, pinche bato, hombre, quiere tu carnal, hombre, tu carnal ese, tú, tú sabes, tú sabes esto de la movida, tú sabes la movida, ese, tú sabes cómo es, tú sabes, pinche vino, puta, ándale, pinche bato, cabrón, ándale
February 11th, 2006 09:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL

WPLJ from Burnt Weeny Sandwich
February 11th, 2006 09:38 PM
Nellcote Nice try Poison Dart.
Look, at least they are adding to their set lists from Stones boards like this great one, and others.
But please, enjoy what we have.
Someday, it will be gone.
February 11th, 2006 09:50 PM
voodoopug ABB is a fine album...a different producer doesnt change this....also, the ticket prices should be higher to keep the tickets more available to the general public! you make interesting points, but, sadly, I disagree with nearly all of them.
February 11th, 2006 11:56 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I have a few (no brainer) suggestions for the Stones for their next project (assuming there will be one)

1/ Lower the fucking ticket prices - Many people feel the Stones have stopped being a rock band and exist soley as corporate entity. Just think how the bands image has changed over the years. The Stones were once thought of as the "bad boys of rock and roll" now they are looked at in the same light as investment bankers.

The Stones are manking themselves look bad in the eyes of the public and the media with these outrageous ticket prices. Even other artists who worship the Stones (Tom Petty,Billy Joel,John Melloncamp) have come out on record and asked "how much is enough" in regards to the Stones. Mick's response "Stones tix are a commodity like fish" is bullshit. The Stones are making themselves look really bad. If I want that attitude I'd go to an accountant not what is suppose to be a rock band. I really think this corporate image is hurting the band badly. Perception is reality. And in many peoples mind band like U2 care about the music while the Stones simply care about the money. I don't feel that is 100% true. But the case can be made.

2/ Hire Rick Rubin to produce the next cd - Is it just a coincedence that Jagger put out his best solo record (it's not even close) when he had Rick Rubin pushing him? Jagger is said to not get along well w/Rubin. But perhaps that is just what the Stones need to break the cycle that they are in. The general feeling is that the Stones put out product rather than music these days. Rubin would be the one person who could tell Mick/Keith no and could deliver the great earthy/blues record that I know the Stones still have in them.

Mind you I'm not one to put down new Stones music (it gets a bad rap for various reasons) The new music is good to very good, But it's not truly great. Perhaps, Rubin could take these good tracks and make them great. The man seems to have a knack of cutting right through the bullshit and getting the best out of any given artist.

3/ Stop trying to get on MTV - It ain't gonna happen. Did anybody see the Rain Fall Down video with that young couple simulating sex? It reeked of being desperate to be controversial and get airplay on MTV. Enough of that crap. The Stones don't need any more rap (ASMB)or other blatant attempts to sound "young" I think Rubin would be the right guy to make an "adult" Stones record. Do we really need to hear a 65 year old Jagger with songs like "Gunface" and "Everybody get Juiced? I want to hear a more refined more mature Stones that people will believe 60 something year old billionaires are thinking about. How is it that the Stones wrote more mature songs "Salt of the Earth" and "Moonlight Mile" in their 20's and 30's. But in their 60's they are writting about their cocks?

4/ Don't put out a live cd of this tour. Nobody wants it and nobody will buy it. Sure record the songs for future box set release. But the world does not need another Stones live cd.

5/ Truly grow this music up/MAKE MUSIC NOT PRODUCT- If the Stones are going to continue to make new music (I think they will and I also think they should)make the music grow up with them. Less Streets of Love (top 40 crap) and more "Back of my Hand" and more experimental tunes that have touches of Jazz "How can I Stop" (how great was Keith's the "Nearness of You") and blues to go along w/some rockers. MAKE MUSIC NOT PRODUCT

The next few years are going to be interesting for the Stones. They could really make their music grow up and dare I say grow old. Or they could continue to have illusions that 15 year old girls want to hear pop music from the nearly 70 year old Rolling Stones. The fact of the matter is the audience is smart enough to see through the Stones attempts to get airplay. I WANT TO SEE THE STONES TRULY GROW THIS MUSIC UP and lose any ideas of getting top 40 airplay. Only then will they get the reviews and sales they deserve.

Long live the Stones!!!!

[Edited by Poison Dart]

word
February 11th, 2006 11:56 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I have a few (no brainer) suggestions for the Stones for their next project (assuming there will be one)

The Stones are manking themselves look bad in the eyes of the public and the media with these outrageous ticket prices. Even other artists who worship the Stones (Tom Petty,Billy Joel,John Melloncamp) have come out on record and asked "how much is enough" in regards to the Stones. Mick's response "Stones tix are a commodity like fish" is bullshit. The Stones are making themselves look really bad. If I want that attitude I'd go to an accountant not what is suppose to be a rock band. I really think this corporate image is hurting the band badly. Perception is reality. And in many peoples mind band like U2 care about the music while the Stones simply care about the money. I don't feel that is 100% true. But the case can be made.

Long live the Stones!!!!

[Edited by Poison Dart]

word
February 12th, 2006 12:00 AM
Soldatti Great post Poison Dart. Totally agreed.
February 12th, 2006 02:59 AM
EuterpeJones I have a suggestion or two for my favorite rockers as well. I'm visualizing them awake and bored in their hotel room after a gig, logging onto the Net, checking out youtube, watching my open letter to them, and having an *EPIPHANY* (Hey! Don't be so cynical! Always visualize the best possible outcome!) When you check the video out, please accept my invitation to make a comment and show some support :-D xoxo

http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=DkxSTt9wZJ0
February 12th, 2006 03:04 AM
texile [quote]Poison Dart wrote:

How is it that the Stones wrote more mature songs "Salt of the Earth" and "Moonlight Mile" in their 20's and 30's. But in their 60's they are writting about their cocks?

[Edited by Poison Dart]

i agree with everything single thing you said, but this point is especially important -
it's frustrating....
i was listening to winter and fool to cry this morning and wondered why jagger stopped writing shit like this.....
its like he devolved emotionally.

February 12th, 2006 03:55 AM
JumpingKentFlash I agree that it would be very interesting if the Stones made a "Macca" on their next album. Do like Macca did with Nigel on Chaos and Creation. But pick Rick Rubin. He's quite the guy. And then decide wheter the next record should be rock or blues or what have we. Although I like the latter "patchwork CDs" (ABB and B2B), it would be great to see them writing in one or two styles. You know like ABB is rock, dance, blues, country, ballads etc.
An album like Beggars is almost purely made of rock and country-blues. That's my rant. Follow it, or else.......
February 12th, 2006 04:34 AM
IanBillen
Poisen Dart:

The Stones latest release was not a corporate venture in the music itself. The sound, music, and song structure was a basic, no non-sense approach (except for maybe SOL) that focused on getting us a hard hitting basic album instead of radio open tunes.

Don Was did them great. Rick Rubin is a hit-maker. Rick Rubin would try to make them into a hit where as Don Was takes what they want and does the best job possible with it.

As far as Ticket Prices go I agree.

Ian
February 12th, 2006 05:30 AM
corgi37 Nice sentiments and all, but about 30 years too late. And whats the big fucking deal with Rubin? Like, is he gonna save it all? He's so 80's. Why not Mutt Lange? Did wonders for Shania! Hey, what about that ELO fucker. He made those 2 "new" Beatles tracks the special treats they were.

Just get over it. They wont ever change as long as they can demand, and get away with, charging like wounded bulls. I doubt if they dropped prices many pimply bastards would go see them anyway. If it aint Cannibal Corpse, its hip hop. The Stones dont count for 99% of people under 30. Its nostalgia, and they are the kings of it.

make no mistake, if they did a no-frills back to basics theatre tour, people would whinge about the lack of fireworks or moving, fiddly bits. they invented this whole touring thing anyway. And, they gotta spend the big bucks to enthrall with something new, or many people wont go just to hear JJF or Satisfaction for the 100th time live. Face it, they gotta do the big spectacle - its expected of them.
February 12th, 2006 06:07 AM
IzzyStradlin The real problem lies in their lack of ability in the song writing department. They simply suck at it nowadays. Good music/songs will sell.

Your point is well taken, but all of it means shit if they are going to continue to write the likes of "Streets of Love" et al.
February 12th, 2006 07:19 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
The real problem lies in their lack of ability in the song writing department. They simply suck at it nowadays. Good music/songs will sell.

Your point is well taken, but all of it means shit if they are going to continue to write the likes of "Streets of Love" et al.

What's wrong with SOL??? I like it. They don't suck nowadays. I think it's just the fact that people have a hard time adjusting to The Stones not making songs like they used to. I agree that today they couldn't make Silvertrain. But they can make Rough Justice, which they never would have dreamed up in '73. And it's not a lack of songwriting ability. It's good that they try something else. They had become a serious olies act if they did stuff like on Undercover, Emotional Rescue, Some Girls or Tattoo You. So all in all I think it's more people THINKING that they're an oldies act (People's own fault) than it's The Stones really being it (They don't care what you think). So who's to blame??? The people, not The Rolling Stones.

A bit weird language. I know.
February 12th, 2006 07:30 AM
Dick Bush Stones didn't build up the brand name by accident, but by the application of a pretty consistent corporate design philosophy.

Forget about it.
February 12th, 2006 07:36 AM
Nellcote This is turning into a good comedy thread.
Lower the ticket prices?
Can you folks count how many times these guys have been married, or have girlfriends, or offspring from such friends?
The flow chart for this would drive me batty.
Plain & Simple, follow me here.
THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL OF THESE AFFAIRS.
They will continue to charge big dough, because they
have mouths to feed.
Don't think that because they've been the largest gross cash cow for many years, that they have plenty of money, that they should lower prices to satisfy YOU!
What did Woody say at the Licks '02 presser when asked why do the Stones charge more than MACCA...
"Well there are four of us to his one, now isn't there?"
Why did Rod Stewart put his rock act on the shelf?
BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MAKING ANY MONEY!
Clive Davis comes along, shows him how he can make millions, BINGO four discs later, he's fine.
Now into his fourth ballad songbook, he too has several ex wives, girlfriends, who he has children with.

Basically, it's a human thang.
You always want to make more money.
Especially when you have hungry little birds back in the nest.

Please stop/think then post, you will see the light.

Now please excuse me, while I go back to my 18 inch white out blizzard...

February 12th, 2006 09:31 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I doubt if they dropped prices many pimply bastards would go see them anyway.

WORD.
Smartest thing anyone ever said here.
February 12th, 2006 09:44 AM
Poison Dart Another major point I forgot was to change record labels.
February 12th, 2006 10:15 AM
Poison Dart I also think JumpingKentFlash is correct when he suggests that the Stones should make an album in one distinct style similar to what Paul McCartney did (with great results) last year.

In essence the Stones have been following the same formula since 1989. Write an album with many different styles on it (SW,VL,ABB) and start a major tour with excessive prices (I don't care how many tix the Stones sell they look like assholes charging $450 a ticket) that starts in the northeast of the United States that incudes the now played out blow up dolls. Enough with the blow up dolls. Get back to writing bluesy rock tunes and forget the spectacle.

How about a tour that is meant to support a new album not another greatest hits tour? The Stones have produced a very good (not great in the sense of Exile,Sticky Fingers) but still a very good album that is among the top 10 records of 2005.

Yet they are only playing 2-3 songs per night from the album. Do they want to be an oldies act? Push the new stuff. ABB is good enough that they should be playing between 5-7 songs from it every night. The Stones don't get airplay from local radio. But they do the same thing to themselves. They don't play their own new music. What message does that send?
STOP PLAYING IT SAFE. Nobody wants to hear "Miss You" live again. I want to hear Oh No,not you Again,She Saw me Coming,IWTL,Too Tight,Saint of Me Rain Fall Down etc. For Christ sake the Stones have yet to play the lead single "Streets of Love" (as shitty as it may be) live.

The Stones not playing Neo-Con (not the best song)is a perfect example of how safe the Stones have become. If you have the balls to write the song have the balls to stand behind it. I love when Jagger says the song is not about Bush. He is insulting the fans inteligence when he says shit like this. Who would have thought Mick Jagger and the Stones wouldn't want to rock the boat by not playing a controversial song? STOP KISSING ASS AND START TAKING CHANCES AGAIN. No more cookie cutter tours. But then again that might offend their accountants and the CFO of Rolling Stones Inc. If the Stones became controversial and took chances again they may alienate the 25-40 year old demographic. GROW YOUR BALLS BACK.

Three million people will see this tour (one of the biggest of all time) yet only 500,000 copies of ABB have been sold so far in the US. That is unacceptable and is bad business.

The next tour should be a scaled down affair that puts the spotlight on their new material (hopefully produced by Rick Rubin)and allows working people to come and see the Stones.
February 12th, 2006 10:53 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:

What's wrong with SOL??? I like it. They don't suck nowadays. I think it's just the fact that people have a hard time adjusting to The Stones not making songs like they used to. I agree that today they couldn't make Silvertrain. But they can make Rough Justice, which they never would have dreamed up in '73. And it's not a lack of songwriting ability. It's good that they try something else. They had become a serious olies act if they did stuff like on Undercover, Emotional Rescue, Some Girls or Tattoo You. So all in all I think it's more people THINKING that they're an oldies act (People's own fault) than it's The Stones really being it (They don't care what you think). So who's to blame??? The people, not The Rolling Stones.

A bit weird language. I know.

Other than diehard Stones fans such as yourself, there a very few who think the Stones still write and play like they use to.

The show is over.

Rough Justice, Back of My Hand, ONNYA are very worthy, but taken as a whole, ABB falls WAY short in the writing department.
February 12th, 2006 12:23 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This is turning into a good comedy thread.
Lower the ticket prices?
Can you folks count how many times these guys have been married, or have girlfriends, or offspring from such friends?
The flow chart for this would drive me batty.
Plain & Simple, follow me here.
THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL OF THESE AFFAIRS.
They will continue to charge big dough, because they
have mouths to feed.
Don't think that because they've been the largest gross cash cow for many years, that they have plenty of money, that they should lower prices to satisfy YOU!
What did Woody say at the Licks '02 presser when asked why do the Stones charge more than MACCA...
"Well there are four of us to his one, now isn't there?"
Why did Rod Stewart put his rock act on the shelf?
BECAUSE IT WAS NOT MAKING ANY MONEY!
Clive Davis comes along, shows him how he can make millions, BINGO four discs later, he's fine.
Now into his fourth ballad songbook, he too has several ex wives, girlfriends, who he has children with.

Basically, it's a human thang.
You always want to make more money.
Especially when you have hungry little birds back in the nest.

Please stop/think then post, you will see the light.

Now please excuse me, while I go back to my 18 inch white out blizzard...

they won t have my money this time!
February 12th, 2006 01:12 PM
Poison Dart That argument makes no sense. Are you trying to tell me that they can't afford to pay alimony when they gross over 300 million dollars?

Give me a break.
February 12th, 2006 01:17 PM
Poison Dart IZZY:

What I am saying is that the Stones themselves allow that attitude to exist because they do not showcase their own new music.

Also, lets not forget that worldwide ABB got to #1 on the global (in reality the most important chart in the world)charts. It also hit #1 in many nations around the world as well as #3 in the USA and #2 in (missed #1 by 11 copies)England. Look at the worldwide sales of Voodoo and Bridges. The Stones still sell. But they could double what they are doing now.

I'm telling you there is still hope from a commercial point of view if they handle their next release correctly.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
February 12th, 2006 02:27 PM
Nellcote Hey Dart, sure, I'll give you a break.
And now your break is over.
As Frank Sinatra sang "that's life"
Like I said up front, good concept, however, it's a dream.
They got mouths to feed, plus, you should count how many people are listed to operate a Stones tour.
This is not some garage operation.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
February 12th, 2006 02:50 PM
Poison Dart I don't mean any disrespect but, Get the fuck out of here with this "mouths to feed" bullshit. You can feed a lot of mouths with a top ticket of $100. They are charging $450 a ticket and making themselves look like greedy assholes.

I understand this is a business but how much do they really need? At some point the Stones ceased to be a rock band and became a corporation. Which is fine if thats what they want to do. But If they really want to grow their music they are going to have to change the business model.

The point of the post is that they are making themselves look bad in the public's and media's eyes and are playing into the idea that all they care about is the money.

I truly don't think that is the case. No doubt they also care about the money. And I'm not saying that is a bad thing. But perhaps next time around they could tone it done a litte and act like artists and not accountants.

I know this band and has some truly great work left in them if they could just change up what they are doing a little.
February 12th, 2006 03:16 PM
Gazza Mr Dart, you hit the bullseye with every one of those posts..
February 12th, 2006 04:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot >How is it that the Stones wrote more mature songs "Salt of the Earth" and "Moonlight Mile" in their 20's and 30's. But in their 60's they are writting about their cocks?<

This kinda goes to them not BEING the Stones anymore, but ACTING like they are the Stones. It's like they are trying to be what they think the public expects them to be, instead of just being themselves. It's like Mick is acting the ROLE of Mick Jagger, instead of just letting go and being himself. Same with Keith and Ronnie. The only one I can't accuse that of is Charlie. Chaz is always the same. I just don't think he can be bothered about it. He just plays drums like always.

>Don Was did them great. Rick Rubin is a hit-maker. Rick Rubin would try to make them into a hit where as Don Was takes what they want and does the best job possible with it.<

Bullshit. Don Was does what he is told. He is in the producer chair because he follows directions and doesn't cause waves. The only reason the Stones even HAVE a producer is so that the Glimmers have a fall guy. Rick Rubin can work wonders in a studio, but in the end, Rick Rubin is the guy in charge. That would NEVER fly with Jagger. And besides, what fucking song was Rubin going to turn into a hit off of ABB? It's an album of filler...you can't make gold outta lead...I don't care who the alchemist is.

>What's wrong with SOL???<

Well, it's boring. The lyrics look to have been written by a 14 year old for his 8th grade "rock band" as the powewr ballad for the Jr High talent show. It's dumb and cheesey. It's already been done by every dumbass lame hair band that ruled the mid to late 80's. The melody is weak and forced. There is no natural flow to the "song". And I compliment it by considering it a song.

Actually, I think the better question to ask is...what ISN'T wrong with SOL?

>I agree that today they couldn't make Silvertrain. But they can make Rough Justice, which they never would have dreamed up in '73.<

Yeah, no shit. That's because they were coming up with far superior stuff like Silvertrain! You contradicted yerself dude!

>And it's not a lack of songwriting ability. It's good that they try something else.<

OK, then I hope that the something else that they try next time is not the same lame, boring, adult contemporary crap that they tried this time. See, I think that they CAN write much better songs...but they actually have to put some time & effort into it. They have to WANT to write better songs. At this point I think that they are content to put out an album of fart noises if they think that they can make another half billion dollars touring behind it. That is still the same Mick & Keith that wrote Midnight Rambler, you don't forget how to write great songs. But they do have to do what it takes to write those great songs. And if they are not that committed, then we are just going to get more of the same lame garbage that we got with ABB.

>Stones didn't build up the brand name by accident, but by the application of a pretty consistent corporate design philosophy.<

Ding ding ding...winner! It's all about the next quarter billion in the bank.
February 12th, 2006 04:23 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
IZZY:

What I am saying is that the Stones themselves allow that attitude to exist because they do not showcase their own new music.

Also, lets not forget that worldwide ABB got to #1 on the global (in reality the most important chart in the world)charts. It also hit #1 in many nations around the world as well as #3 in the USA and #2 in (missed #1 by 11 copies)England. Look at the worldwide sales of Voodoo and Bridges. The Stones still sell. But they could double what they are doing now.

I'm telling you there is still hope from a commercial point of view if they handle their next release correctly.
[Edited by Poison Dart]

Still hope from a commercial point of view? Who cares about "from a commercial point of view?" - what I care about is good song writing FIRST. With that, sales will follow (although, frankly, I could give 2 shits if they sell 200 albums vs 2 million).

I never really understood why people give a flying fuck about album sales.

I care about good music.

Musically, they are horrible. Lyrically they are worse.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)