ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Case for JB Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 26th, 2005 04:49 PM
kahoosier Hey...I wonder how many of us were dumb enough to sign up for the fan club a second time? We are all waiting on that DVD that not only never came, but is now a banned subject at RS.COM SO JB, do some pro-bono or however it is spelled and file a class action suit for us LOL! Then we can all owe you drinks on an informal social level where ever you travel to see a show, assuming that the entourage lets you in after you win big for all of us!
[Edited by kahoosier]
January 26th, 2005 04:52 PM
glencar The cruelest thing is when they make you take out a NEW year's worth of membership if you want to get good tickets for the upcoming tour.
January 26th, 2005 05:02 PM
kath which hasn't actually been announced yet.

yeah, i hate 'em.....i was dumb enough. oh yes, right here. i was dumb enough.
January 26th, 2005 05:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
The cruelest thing is when they make you take out a NEW year's worth of membership if you want to get good tickets for the upcoming tour.

i really hope i am not going to be forced to learn a harsh $100 lesson
January 26th, 2005 05:05 PM
kath well, you rolls the dice and you takes your chances.......
January 26th, 2005 05:08 PM
glencar I almost joined but I didn't think they were going to tour so I backed off. The promised DVD almost enticed me again but I wanted to see what others thought of it first. Man, Bridges To Babylon is THE BOMB!!!
January 26th, 2005 05:38 PM
Joey
This fall you have the following artists touring the states at EXACTLY the same time :

U2

MACCA

THE ROLLING STONES

THE WHO

...Nobody , buts NOBODY has the money for a friggin fan club

Nobody !

Baby Joe !

[Edited by Joey]
January 26th, 2005 05:40 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

This fall you have the following artists touring the states at EXACTLY the same time :

U2

MACCA

THE ROLLING STONES

THE WHO

Nobody !

Baby Joe !

[Edited by Joey]

jb does
January 26th, 2005 05:41 PM
glencar I have the money. But one would have to be an idiot to join at this point.
January 26th, 2005 05:48 PM
gypsy jb has the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
to buy tickets and join the fanclubs. But he'd rather use his many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$to put out a "hit" on Macca.
January 26th, 2005 05:49 PM
glencar Macca & Keith were at the same pool in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Keith had his 2 dogs & Macca had Heather...
January 26th, 2005 05:52 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Macca & Keith were at the same pool in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Keith had his 2 dogs & Macca had Heather...

How many prosthetic legs does that woman have?
January 26th, 2005 05:55 PM
glencar One, I think. Her Dad ran her over.
January 26th, 2005 05:58 PM
kath oh i'm sure she has many of them, gypsy. one for gardening, one for hiking, one for formal occasions (that's the gold and silver one), one for just hobbling around the house.....
January 26th, 2005 08:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Macca & Keith were at the same pool in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Keith had his 2 dogs & Macca had Heather...

Pics?
January 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
glencar None. It was a brief mention in today's NY Post.
January 26th, 2005 10:01 PM
Soldatti Sad, the last pic that I saw of Keith & Macca is from the 80's...
January 27th, 2005 04:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I almost joined but I didn't think they were going to tour so I backed off. The promised DVD almost enticed me again but I wanted to see what others thought of it first. Man, Bridges To Babylon is THE BOMB!!!

U2's fan club pre-sale package cost $40 - but they actually had tour plans confirmed and the world and his wife KNEW they were abiout to tour. The Stones cost $100 for a year's membership with the offer (not a guarantee) that you might get tickets in a pre-sale for a tour that wasn't even on the horizon.

The U2 shows were announced on Monday, with pre-sales in some areas starting Tuesday - and the latest you could sign up for to be eligible for the pre-sale was Monday evening. I signed up with a few hours to spare, after the tour dates had been confirmed, and got my 4 tickets Tuesday morning. So, the whole venture basically worked out at about £5 ($10) extra per ticket and saves me the hassle of a public sale.

Not overly expensive and relatively simple.

I can't for the life of me see how anyone thought that signing up for a Stones fan club package when it was announced in June 2004 was going to be any more advantageous or of better value than doing so ONLY when a tour was confirmed.
January 27th, 2005 03:15 PM
Joey
" U2's fan club pre-sale package cost $40 - but they actually had tour plans confirmed and the world and his wife KNEW they were abiout to tour. The Stones cost $100 for a year's membership with the offer (not a guarantee) that you might get tickets in a pre-sale for a tour that wasn't even on the horizon.

The U2 shows were announced on Monday, with pre-sales in some areas starting Tuesday - and the latest you could sign up for to be eligible for the pre-sale was Monday evening. I signed up with a few hours to spare, after the tour dates had been confirmed, and got my 4 tickets Tuesday morning. So, the whole venture basically worked out at about £5 ($10) extra per ticket and saves me the hassle of a public sale. "

Rollover Dates :

" U2 are hoping to return to North America for more shows this Autumn - and rollover dates for the first North American leg are also on the cards.

While the Autumn leg is not confirmed yet, the already announced opening North American leg is likely to include rollover dates - that is additional shows in currently advertised venues. We will be mailing U2.Com subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets in the North American presale with early information on how to buy tickets at these additional first leg shows.

There has been a phenomenal demand for the 'Vertigo 2005 Tour' presale on both sides of the Atlantic.

In North America - where venues are indoor and have a smaller capacity - most fans have succeeded in getting their tickets but some venues , notably the New York Madison Square Garden show, have reached their presale capacity.

Fans may choose a different US venue but Paul McGuuinness, U2's manager, has told U2.Com, 'We are sorry that presale tickets for the Madison Square Garden show have sold out but it is the band's intention to play more shows at Madison Square Garden in the Autumn.' "

http://www.interference.com/u2111067/index.html

January 28th, 2005 11:34 PM
Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nobody !

Baby Joe !

Unless you are a wifeless homo..... One would think.

[Edited by Joey]

January 30th, 2005 11:41 AM
Martha I heard the East coast shows (U2) sold out in under 10 minutes. And U2's tix prices are up 15% from their last tour.
January 31st, 2005 09:00 AM
Fiji Joe JB...class action?...are you kidding...the man spends his day bringing personal injury suits on behalf of bike couriers....
January 31st, 2005 09:26 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
JB...class action?...are you kidding...the man spends his day bringing personal injury suits on behalf of bike couriers....

Fiji ..................................

I had dinner at " THE BRISTOL " in Leawood , KS Saturday Evening ( You know , that brand new restaurant about two blocks from the " Sprint Center World Headquarter's Complex " ) -- The Place was Packed !!!

Mmmmmmm! ....Tasty !

Fresh Seafood in Kansas --- Who Knew ?!?!?!

...are we still on for " Social D. " in two weeks ?!?!

Developing ..............................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Skittles Joe !
January 31st, 2005 10:00 AM
Fiji Joe The Bristol ain't bad...but it ain't no Long John Silver's
January 31st, 2005 10:02 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Bristol ain't bad...but it ain't no Long John Silver's

You make Joey giggle !

I take it " Social D. " is a " NO GO ?!?!?! "

......how about " The Rascal House " ?!?!

Rasky ! ™
January 31st, 2005 10:13 AM
Fiji Joe Dude, I'm saving my money for Menudo at The Beaumont
January 31st, 2005 10:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Dude, I'm saving my money for Menudo at The Beaumont

googling .................................

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank GOD Johnny Carson ain't around to see THIS !

Straskee & Fritz ! ™
January 31st, 2005 10:45 AM
Fiji Joe Can't wait for the Menudo show...gonna be crazy G

January 31st, 2005 10:51 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Can't wait for the Menudo show...gonna be crazy G

THAT IS IT !!!!!!!!!

We are no longer Essessy(s) .........

Craggy ! ™
January 31st, 2005 11:06 AM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
which hasn't actually been announced yet.

yeah, i hate 'em.....i was dumb enough. oh yes, right here. i was dumb enough.

Kath ....................................

I've have been in contact with our dearest Brother Joshy !

He mentioned to me , in no uncertain terms , that until he receives some explicit and heartfelt apologies he will NOT be posting here at " Rocks Off " anymore and may go the way of Baby Steel Magnolia ( See : The Transition ).

Developing ..................................

Shiver ........................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood