ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ringo Starr walks off durring "Live With Regis and Kelly" Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd January 2008 05:10 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i know how you feel. he is a bit much. if you can't deal with this show, you can always try the mike and juliette show..they are on at the same time. its the morning show with a late night attitude.

juliette is very easy on the eyes...she may be a tad prettier than kelly. just a tad tho.

everybody say ow

I cannot fucking stand Mike!
23rd January 2008 05:11 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i know how you feel. he is a bit much. if you can't deal with this show, you can always try the mike and juliette show..they are on at the same time. its the morning show with a late night attitude.

juliette is very easy on the eyes...she may be a tad prettier than kelly. just a tad tho.

everybody say ow

I'm taking back all those good things I said about you can make a good post when you want to last night.
23rd January 2008 05:38 PM
GayB
quote:
Instead of wasting time over here, you should be doing something to draw more visitors to your flailing website. You know, the one that only gets three hits a day.
]

wheres the love? shenoona abs gypsy !!!
23rd January 2008 06:45 PM
mojoman regis can kiss my ass!!! i 'd kiss kellys!!! jersey girls rock!!
24th January 2008 11:06 AM
gimmekeef That twat Ringo shoulda loaded Reeeeg and Rippa into a Yellow Submarine and sailed off to an Octopusses Garden for eternity.....fuck how lame is this shit...
24th January 2008 03:01 PM
Make It Funky Personally, I respect what Richard Starkey did on Regis. It's about the quality of the music, and he wasnt about to be over-rided, to suit the minutes and seconds of corporate America.

I do think that Ringo is a bit of a wanker, but his point was made, and sooooo many people forget how it used to be. I realize 45 years ago, Ed Sullivan tweaked performances, but, that was a different and more "conservative" television era.

Did Charlie Watts also bail on Letterman a few years ago, because the "world wide pants" company insists that the CBS orchestra always accompany any musical artist?? Charlie Watts did not want his style of musical delivery compromised, so he walked off.

Thats what supposed to happen! Who the fuck are tv directors and producers to tell musicians how what and when the song should be done? I think Saturday Night LIve performances still nail it each week. (even though the show sucks).

Cheers world
Ian
24th January 2008 09:54 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Did Charlie Watts also bail on Letterman a few years ago, because the "world wide pants" company insists that the CBS orchestra always accompany any musical artist??

Dunno about the Charlie story, but Paul Shaffer & Co. do not back every artist that performs on Letterman.
24th January 2008 09:59 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Dunno about the Charlie story, but Paul Shaffer & Co. do not back every artist that performs on Letterman.

Maybe he was still at NBC.
24th January 2008 10:02 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Maybe he was still at NBC.

Well, they weren't the CBS Orchestra there now, were they, TBS?
24th January 2008 10:07 PM
StonesChick
quote:
robpop wrote:

I did a search for Ringo Starr and that came up, seriously.

That is too funny.
The Beatles have always been such whiners.
24th January 2008 10:14 PM
sirmoonie That article is fucking fake. There ain't no whitey called Regis, for fuck's sake.
25th January 2008 12:34 AM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
That article is fucking fake. There ain't no whitey called Regis, for fuck's sake.

Anything's possible. I once met an old white man named Cleon. Swear to God.
25th January 2008 01:05 AM
yellerstang Producers amd tv people can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned. Let the artist perform as he/she want to. It's not like Ringo wanted to perfrom his whole album.
25th January 2008 04:12 AM
JumpingKentFlash Bought the album when it came out. I like it. Great stuff on there. The first song is awesome IMO.
25th January 2008 09:05 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Anything's possible. I once met an old white man named Cleon. Swear to God.

Yeah, but the abberational place you live has white girls called Shawnti too.
25th January 2008 11:45 AM
Paranoid_Android John: The Married Beatle

Paul: The Cute Beatle

George: The Quite Beatle

Ringo: The Lucky Beatle
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)