ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1969 Beth Sunflower
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My all-time favorite Stones memory Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th January 2007 11:22 PM
Steel Wheels It was during the Atlantic City show in November.

I finally got to hear the Stones perform "Loving Cup." It was a mellow version, and if memory serves me correctly, Mick was in fine vocal form. I sang every single lyric along with Mick and the wonderful women of Rocks Off who were all right near me.

I'm drunk tonight and life couldn't be better.

The older I get the more Loving Cup means to me. I can hear things, understand things I didn't before. He's singing to this girl who hasn't given him her heart. He wants her to open up and give him a little drink from her loving cup and he's pleading his case. "I'm the man who brings you roses when you ain't got none!"

The song ends and it's not resolved. You hope she comes around to his way of thinking, but we'll never know! You hope with lines such as "I feel so humble with you tonight, just sitting in front of the fire...." he wins her over.
15th January 2007 11:32 PM
mojoman
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
It was during the Atlantic City show in November.

I finally got to hear the Stones perform "Loving Cup." It was a mellow version, and if memory serves me correctly, Mick was in fine vocal form. I sang every single lyric along with Mick and the wonderful women of Rocks Off who were all right near me.

I'm drunk tonight and life couldn't be better.

The older I get the more Loving Cup means to me. I can hear things, understand things I didn't before. He's singing to this girl who hasn't given him her heart. He wants her to open up and give him a little drink from her loving cup and he's pleading his case. "I'm the man who brings you roses when you ain't got none!"

The song ends and it's not resolved. You hope she comes around to his way of thinking, but we'll never know! You hope with lines such as "I feel so humble with you tonight, just sitting in front of the fire...." he wins her over.

i was pretty drunk that night too...that definately was one of the show highlites for me
16th January 2007 12:02 AM
GotToRollMe As one of the wonderful women of Rocks Off who was standing with you that night, I remember it well, Steel Wheels. I was just listening to the boot of that show today (I've been listening to it every day since I got it) and that just may be my favorite moment of the show. If you don't have it, PM me and I'll get it to you.

Oh, what a beautiful buzz...what a beautiful buzz...
16th January 2007 08:22 AM
LadyJane Steel Wheels is a great fan of this band.

My honor to enjoy this concert with you, my friend.

You are right GTRM....it's my favorite boot of this Tour.

LJ.
16th January 2007 08:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man My favourite Stones memory is seeing then blast onto the stage with Brown Sugar at my first ever gig. I don't think you'll ever see a bigger grin on my face!!
16th January 2007 11:36 AM
gimmekeef Theres been a million and Loving Cup first time in Nashville 2003 was wonderful but heres #1:

After waiting and camping in the cold outside Maple Leaf Gardens Toronto for 3 days in April 1972 I finally got in to buy tickets...There was no Ticketbastard then and they pre-printed all the tickets.Just looking at all those tickets piled high behind the wicket was incredible....Then the clerk handing me 6 each... 10th row for both the afternoon and evening shows for July 15th was mind blowing....my first gigs all in the same day..Never forget it....
16th January 2007 01:56 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I have a few I would like to share with the board.

I was never really into the Stones untill a few years back when my brother bought 40 licks. I liked what i was hearing and i stole the cds from his car. I was seeing this Slovakian girl at the time and she came round my house one night and put cd 2 on. From that night onwards, we used to make love to "Dont Stop". That was where my love for the Stones was born!

The second memory is similar to that of Honky Tonk Man's. I dont think there was a happier man in the world the night they burst onto the stage in the stade de france in 2003 pumping out Brown sugar. It was brilliant.

I get a very weid, warm and almost tear jerking feeling inside EVERY time i hear "Beast of Burden". It is simply the best song ever written and I love every version of it i have ever heard the stones do. It reminds me of all the friends, family and women i have loved and probably will ever love.
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
16th January 2007 02:16 PM
gimmekeef I've always thought there are 3 songs intertwined that could be played as one medley:

Under My Thumb
Gimme Shelter
Beast of Burden

Just a few chord changes between them that I can tell anyway.........
16th January 2007 02:25 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I've always thought there are 3 songs intertwined that could be played as one medley:

Under My Thumb
Gimme Shelter
Beast of Burden

Just a few chord changes between them that I can tell anyway.........

All three are in my all time top 5!

Shear Brilliance!
16th January 2007 03:54 PM
Saint Sway Steel Wheels,

What a wonderful tale!

Hopefully, Joey will steal it one day and repost it as his own.

Until then, PM me with your address and I will send you a copy of this show.

cheers!
16th January 2007 04:34 PM
glencar Was AC the best non-Beacon show of the tour?
16th January 2007 04:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Was AC the best non-Beacon show of the tour?

I'll take the MSG with GS AND MR and LIS and WAY
16th January 2007 04:41 PM
glencar That was a good show but I had crappy seats. And crappy seats for the 2nd MSG show. But yes, that Jan. 18th MSG show was pretty effing good.
16th January 2007 04:44 PM
Joey

Row Number # 1 at the B STAGE --- Omaha , NE 01/29/06 .

YES !!!!!!!
16th January 2007 04:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Row Number # 1 at the B STAGE --- Omaha , NE 01/29/06 .

YES !!!!!!!

praise the lord or devil or whatever
17th January 2007 05:55 PM
Soldatti My first Stones show in 1998, I was amazed.
17th January 2007 07:12 PM
TomL Multi part question for me, not in any order.

1. Sleeping in a car parked car the night before the show across form Rich stadium(Buffalo 81) with a case of beer and bucket of KFC, first show.

2. Baltimore 06- Thanks to my friend GJ getting to enter the Rattle snake lounge. Wooo Wooooo.

3. Miami 06 Rip This Joint

4. Licks Ft. Lauderdale and talking with Ronnie at his art show, hell the whole licks tour.

5. Hearing Soul Sorvivor at Columbus sound check.

6. The Chicago Summits.

7. Talking with JB and Blondie in Little Rock.

8. The Beacon with scope, Throbby, Lux,sweetva and glencar. And GTRM popping out and hugging me.

9. Spending a week with Voodoo in MC, the fucking DF. Hat's off to you.

10. London 99, with Gazza.

11. Taking my son to DC for his first. Mick was singing Shattered to him and Stonesdoug on the B.

12. Having the best wife in the world, lord she has put up with some shit.

13.Kingston Mines

14. That fuck face from Buffalo.

15. NANKY, Love In Vein in Philly.

16. The 300 people tail gate at Giants, thanks Rich.

17. Being Teled.

18. Both AC shows.

19. SARS

20. The ABB Toronto club gig.

21. Limo to Little Italy

22. Walters

23. 200 Shidobbee's at Fed E-X, tail gate.

24. HBO show @ MSG, hell any show at MSG.

25. On Stage in Pitt 05.

26. Bomb scare in VA 10/6/05 no Kieth set.

27. Voodoo Lounge opener on my birthday 8/1/94.

28. Last Time Syracuse 4/17/98.

29. Seeing the Blimp Land.

30. Two signed pics from Fernado Aceves in MC, the fucking DF. And all the wonderful people there.

31. Meeting PDM.

32. Paris Hilton's Pee Pee.

33. Paris Hilton's Pee Pee

34. Nicky Hilton's Pee Pee

35. Standing next to Charlie.

36. The fire scare at the Wimbley Hilton 99 at 4 in the morning.

37. Seeing Kieth and Ronnie in BB Kings in Memphis 94.

38. Sherat

39. That fucker from Chicago and Poopy.

40. Getting to be good friends with CC of the band Hot Rocks.

41. Eating hash brownies while listening to Hot Rocks in 74.

42. Sucking my own dick in 75, just seeing if your paying attention.

43. The endless amount of people on RO and Shidoobee. God we have made some friends, life long friends.

44. Blue Lena, The madem, Isabel, Mattman, Jaggerfan1, sweetva(shidoobee) and all the memorial Day BBQ's.

45. The Bottom Line.

46. Stones place in Toronto.

47. Hopping so many fences to get up front.

48. Exile On Main Street.

49. Some Girls

50. Every mother fucker out there that I forgot. I'll be here all night.

What a beautiful buzzzzzz, what a beautiful buzzzzzzzzzz.

17th January 2007 07:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
That was a good show but I had crappy seats. And crappy seats for the 2nd MSG show. But yes, that Jan. 18th MSG show was pretty effing good.

I was at the 1/18 MSG show and it was fan-fucking-tastic! BUT...the AC show simply blew it out of the water.
BEST STONES EVER!
17th January 2007 07:36 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
TomL wrote:
Multi part question for me, not in any order.

1. Sleeping in a car parked car the night before the show across form Rich stadium(Buffalo 81) with a case of beer and bucket of KFC, first show.

2. Baltimore 06- Thanks to my friend GJ getting to enter the Rattle snake lounge. Wooo Wooooo.

3. Miami 06 Rip This Joint

4. Licks Ft. Lauderdale and talking with Ronnie at his art show, hell the whole licks tour.

5. Hearing Soul Sorvivor at Columbus sound check.

6. The Chicago Summits.

7. Talking with JB and Blondie in Little Rock.

8. The Beacon with scope, Throbby, Lux,sweetva and glencar. And GTRM popping out and hugging me.

9. Spending a week with Voodoo in MC, the fucking DF. Hat's off to you.

10. London 99, with Gazza.

11. Taking my son to DC for his first. Mick was singing Shattered to him and Stonesdoug on the B.

12. Having the best wife in the world, lord she has put up with some shit.

13.Kingston Mines

14. That fuck face from Buffalo.

15. NANKY, Love In Vein in Philly.

16. The 300 people tail gate at Giants, thanks Rich.

17. Being Teled.

18. Both AC shows.

19. SARS

20. The ABB Toronto club gig.

21. Limo to Little Italy

22. Walters

23. 200 Shidobbee's at Fed E-X, tail gate.

24. HBO show @ MSG, hell any show at MSG.

25. On Stage in Pitt 05.

26. Bomb scare in VA 10/6/05 no Kieth set.

27. Voodoo Lounge opener on my birthday 8/1/94.

28. Last Time Syracuse 4/17/98.

29. Seeing the Blimp Land.

30. Two signed pics from Fernado Aceves in MC, the fucking DF. And all the wonderful people there.

31. Meeting PDM.

32. Paris Hilton's Pee Pee.

33. Paris Hilton's Pee Pee

34. Nicky Hilton's Pee Pee

35. Standing next to Charlie.

36. The fire scare at the Wimbley Hilton 99 at 4 in the morning.

37. Seeing Kieth and Ronnie in BB Kings in Memphis 94.

38. Sherat

39. That fucker from Chicago and Poopy.

40. Getting to be good friends with CC of the band Hot Rocks.

41. Eating hash brownies while listening to Hot Rocks in 74.

42. Sucking my own dick in 75, just seeing if your paying attention.

43. The endless amount of people on RO and Shidoobee. God we have made some friends, life long friends.

44. Blue Lena, The madem, Isabel, Mattman, Jaggerfan1, sweetva(shidoobee) and all the memorial Day BBQ's.

45. The Bottom Line.

46. Stones place in Toronto.

47. Hopping so many fences to get up front.

48. Exile On Main Street.

49. Some Girls

50. Every mother fucker out there that I forgot. I'll be here all night.

What a beautiful buzzzzzz, what a beautiful buzzzzzzzzzz.

If I made a list, you'd be on it, buddy.
TomL: One of the coolest people I've ever met, Stonesian or otherwise. A fucking prince!

17th January 2007 07:49 PM
TomL One love to ya, and hat's off to ya Mary. Gold rings on your ass also.

AS Mick said at the first or second Wembley show 99. It's just fucking wonderful we could all be here tonight.

May The Good Lord Shine A Light On Ya, Make All Your Dreams Come True..........

17th January 2007 08:01 PM
mojoman sai has a great memory!!!
17th January 2007 08:07 PM
texile sure, all the shows - but my favorite memory is sitting in front of the tv watching their appearance on snl at 12 years old.....
my parents thought snl was a bad influence and hated me watching it but there was a party after church that night and i was alone in my parents' room, feeling like i was doing something elicit.
it i was, that moment literally changed my life...
i hadn't been a fan but had a curiosity to watch and Boom!
jagger seemed positively primal and the music and singing was so raw and so real - i remember having that hot-all-over-your-body sensation that i didn't identify as sexual until years later...
nothing had ever affected me like that before.
i grew up in that instant that night - and out of a southern baptist bubble.
i was never the same, the stones ushered me into a different world.
17th January 2007 08:09 PM
TomL When it works. Have we met befor mojo?
17th January 2007 08:15 PM
LadyJane Tom you are a gem.

I'm honored to have shared many of those experiences with ya!

Sincerely,
The fuck face from Buffalo.

17th January 2007 08:48 PM
TomL Thanks LJ. You were there for number 42 right? Kidding fucker. We have had some times that we will take to the grave. When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it.
17th January 2007 08:58 PM
sweetcharmedlife My favorite Stones memory was the opening night of the No Security tour. In Oakland. The first and still the only time in my life I have ever had front row seats for a concert. I spent most of the show looking up with my mouth open saying I'm in the fucking front row. Then they did stuff like You Got The Silver,first time I ever heard that live. Keith saying something like I haven't done this since I wrote it. Then Moonlight Mile and Some Girls,Undercover. An encore of Sympathy & Midnight. Simply the greatest night of my life.
17th January 2007 10:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG Boy that is quite a list, Sai Wong!!..Hard to pick out one favorite memory isn't it??... Especially since you have so so so many memories...

But you could have left Paris' pee pee out of it, couldn't ya???
17th January 2007 10:16 PM
TomL No Meg, it was hard to sort Paris's Pee Pee or you.
18th January 2007 08:40 AM
PartyDoll MEG My Guess is........ Paris must have won out!!!

So sad.....so so so SAD.......
18th January 2007 09:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
TomL wrote:
Thanks LJ. You were there for number 42 right? Kidding fucker. We have had some times that we will take to the grave. When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it.

Light your match and bring it on, fucker - if you dare

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)