ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tattoo you....how d'ya rate it?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-24-01 07:29 PM
GlimmerTwin I love this album..except for 3 boring ass tracks!! "hang fire","little T&a" and "neighbours" are very much on the poor side but the rest of the abum is tops!!!! Stuff like "worried...","slave","waiting on..." and the rest are all prime stones cuts methinks! Overall a mighty fine album,it's nt "exile" but it's certainly a great stones album.what do you think??
12-25-01 05:14 AM
The Worst I think, that there are only good tracks on the album. No other song gives the same feeling as Heaven. To me, Tattoo You is the best album since Some Girls or even Exile.
12-25-01 12:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love the album, is a classic, maybe I would rate "Neighbours" as weak, the rest is excellent.

The first time I heard side "b" I didn't like it at all, then with the time that side was the side to start, fantastic, specially Heaven and Tops but all is great
12-25-01 01:40 PM
The Worst I have to say it again: Neighbors- weak?! It may be a stupid
song, but Charlie and Bill are on their best on it. Maybe underrated, because it is a fun- and not a statement-tune...
12-26-01 05:24 AM
Chris Diemoz Hello there,

In my opinion, we're talking about their best 80's album.
If only the 1981/82 tour had sounded that way... A highest
(the album) and lowest (the tour) peak in only one year of
time. Curious, isnt'it?

Cheers,
Chris

12-26-01 05:36 AM
F505 I totally agree with Mr Glimmertwin: Hang fire is really afwul, so is Neighbours. Little T&A has very poor lyrics and a dreadful sound. But the rest is good. Best song is slave. Excellent guitar solo. Side 2 is not very Stones-like but great. It's no doubt their best album from the 1980-2000 era.
12-26-01 01:18 PM
Happy Motherfucker Every song on there is very good! A great stones album all the way through. Side B took a little while to grow on me, but after a few listens, it is very very good. Like it man!
12-26-01 02:01 PM
Maxlugar Boy, that's the first time I've ever heard the 81/82 tours described as a low point in any given Stones period.

To me, those tours are high energy, flat out balls wagging tours!

"Stick the entire '81 tour in my ass, Ronnie!"
12-26-01 02:59 PM
Joey " Tattoo You " is the last great Rock and Roll album ever made . Period . Why ?????? Two words......Mick Taylor !

On another note , I saw the movie " Lord of the Rings " last night and man is my A## tired . Three hours long......if I had to sit thru one more battle scene , I would have walked out of the " Cineplex Odeon ". Still , it is a great film , with Heather Locklear as the love interest for young 'Fredo' and Larry Hagman does a remarkable job as " Gandalf " the wizard ( who has a nasty booze habit I may add -- not necessarily appropriate for the kids to see but that is life. )

For the last three years , Maxy has " consulted Gandalf " numerous times during the course of his postings . I never knew what he mearnt , but I have seen the light and it is indeed pristine and beautiful .

See this movie and thank youngster Joey later .

" Pierce me arse Ronnie "

Joey von Gandalf
12-26-01 03:28 PM
Maxlugar My dearest young Joe-ala,

You have indeed finally seem the light. Gandalf is
the shit. I implore you to read the books as the movie
left quite a bit out. But it very well may be the best movie
I have ever seen. I could have sat there another three hours.

"Stick Bilbo up to his feet in my ass, Ronald!"
12-26-01 03:37 PM
Joey "But it very well may be the best movie
I have ever seen. I could have sat there another three hours. "

Wow ????? Better than " American Beauty " or " Wall Street " or " Saving Private Ryan " ?????????? " Platoon " ????? " Godfathers " ??????

Actually , the scenery was fantastic and the digitally enhanced special effects ......What can I say ?????? Breathtaking !!!! Man , that scene where the two statues are carved out the mountain give me delusions of Grandeur . They looked like " Mick " and " Keith " as young Joey paddles by in his canoe on his way to the "Stones Reservoir . "
12-27-01 11:13 PM
Briansrevenge Second best Stones album ever made...next to Exile on main Street...That's how I rate it.
12-29-01 04:48 AM
marko Hmmm,my favorite album after beggars and sticky,tattoo you
made me a fanatic,i even like this more than exile.Maybe
because i heard tattoo you firts.And 81-82 tour,thats the
best what they�ve done.
12-29-01 03:51 PM
Miss U. Great, right alongside Beggar's, Love You Live, & Get Yer Ya-Yas out.
12-30-01 12:33 PM
Child of the Moon Gotta say "Worried About You" is one of the greatest and yet most underrated of all Stones songs.

Yes, I'm worried/But I found out anyway/Sure ashell gonna find that girl someday/'Til tyen, I'm worried/I just can't seem to find my way."

Great Keith harmonies, too.
01-01-02 01:39 AM
Monkey Man LITTLE T & A IS CLASSIC "RAW" KEITH. WHATS UP WITH "2 WORDS
" MICK TAYLOR. HE WASN'T PART OF OF THE ALBUM AT ALL -OTHER
THAN BEING AROUND WHILE A COUPLE OF SONGS MAY HAVE BEEN
WRITTEN!
01-01-02 12:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Monkey Man wrote:
LITTLE T & A IS CLASSIC "RAW" KEITH. WHATS UP WITH "2 WORDS
" MICK TAYLOR. HE WASN'T PART OF OF THE ALBUM AT ALL -OTHER
THAN BEING AROUND WHILE A COUPLE OF SONGS MAY HAVE BEEN
WRITTEN!

Regardless of your opinion about Mick Taylor which deserves respect, Mick Taylor plays on "Waiting on a Friend" and "Tops" in the takes used in the album. Period.

Also there are rumours about Mick Taylor compsing the basic riff of "Star me Up"
01-02-02 10:40 AM
Joey Damn Straight My Brother........

When Tattoo You first came out , boy Joey was still in high school , but all of his teachers and friends thought that Ron Wood had been taking lessons from Mick Taylor . Hell , I thought so too until www. Mick Taylor .com went on-line .

Thank God for the internet , Huh ??????????

All fans of rock and roll should visit www.MickTaylor.com and praise the beauty of his playing .
01-02-02 11:21 AM
Gazza >When Tattoo You first came out , boy Joey was still in high school

Wait a second..something doesnt add up here,Joey me old mate...thought you said you were in Vietnam???

Or are "Young Joey" and "Boy Joey" a father & son act???

Stones content : "Tattoo you" - fine piece of work for a collection of left overs (especially considering the fact that some of them were left over from "Emotional rescue" - one of the band's weakest ever albums)

Also the best MIXED Stones album too - take a bow,Bob Clearmountain....Charlie never sounded louder!
01-02-02 02:47 PM
Joey 'Young ' Joey and 'Boy' Joey are one in the same Joey .

Joey was born in 1964 .

But the ' Nam was Hell !!!! Let me tell you !!!!

01-02-02 05:47 PM
~AzQb

...Yaeh Gar!!!!

In the beginning ole Joe had me believin some WILD shite-- he even implied had rafted down some Vietnamese "river" with Jimi and even had a habit of sorts !

He REALLY had me going there for awhile ; ) but i simply cannot even dislike the guy-- not even a little!

~A
01-02-02 06:19 PM
Gazza Thanks for the reassurance,Joey!

For a horrible moment I thought LBJ & Tricky Dicky had been drafting GI's straight outta kindergarten....
01-02-02 08:16 PM
Joey It was the summer of 1967 when three year old Joey got to go to Washington DC as part of a " school trip . " Our class toured the White House that August , and who just happened to show up for a meet and greet ???? Well , it was ol' LBJ himself . LBJ spotted your young Joey right away and took a real Texas " liking " to him . The President invited me to play under the desk in the Oval office and even showed me his boil on his Ass . It was then that young boy Joey got a little scared , panicked , and ran screaming and a hollar'in out into the Rose Garden , demanding to return to the " safe " MidWest .

The next day I got my induction notice.

Such is life I guess !!!!!!! Ain't War a bitch?
01-02-02 10:14 PM
Briansrevenge Emotional rescue you say...worst album Stones ever made? I might have thought that at one time but, the more I listen to it the more I like it...I consider it the logical progression between Some Girls and Tattoo You...Summer Romance, She's So Cold, Indian Girl....that album rocks!
01-03-02 02:25 AM
Jane Wyman I think Brian has had an overdosis!
01-03-02 03:12 PM
sway If you want to get laid, you can do nothing better than putting on side 2 to get the ladies hot & bothered.

And it's true, Mick Taylor is the reason why the album excels.
01-03-02 03:55 PM
Joey Sway , I would like to nuzzle you .
01-03-02 06:27 PM
sway As long as you don't put on side 2 af Tattoo You!
01-04-02 06:36 AM
The Worst What's wrong with side 2 of TY? I also can't understand Keno's low ratings of the songs.
But Indian Girl doesn't rock, now THIS is one of the lamest Stones-songs ever.
01-04-02 01:46 PM
sway I just don't want sexy side 2 to get the most of Joey. I'd hate to get buggered.
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.