ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I bought a Mac Book (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th January 2007 01:40 PM
pdog Off I go into the world of Apple... Got myself an iPod and an 160gb external HD...
I'm glad I got a laptop and an Apple over a PC and Windows based OS.
Just curious, any others users here who do torrents and stuff? I gotta lot to learn... I paid an extra $100 for a years worth of one on one help from the Apple store. So, basically they'll teach me all I want to learn. I thought this was cool...
9th January 2007 02:35 PM
SweetVirginia Hey, P...

I'm a Mac User and a torrent person. I'll be happy to help you. Just to get you started, I used Azureus to DL torrents.

I use a sound editing program called Amadeus
http://www.hairersoft.com/Amadeus.html

And I usually burn stuff with Roxio Toast Titanium.

E-mail me if you have any questions!

Welcome to the sunny side of computing.

SV
9th January 2007 02:43 PM
Saint Sway the new apple commercials are great. It tells the whole deal. Mac's are simple. User friendly. Fun.

PC's are still the old, pain in the ass way of computing
9th January 2007 06:11 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah Pdog,
I got a mac book (white), an old Imac (indigo) and an Ipod (white), and I'll buy the new Iphone when it will come out!!
and all my computers sings "all down the lineeee!"
i'm a huge MAC fan
fabio
[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
9th January 2007 06:36 PM
SweetVirginia Today's header is a great ad for Macs, Fabio!

Great job.
9th January 2007 08:23 PM
Nellcote Mac's book, All The Rage, is a must read!

www.macspages.com
9th January 2007 10:38 PM
killerbitch I have a Mac OSX Tiger soon to be upgraded to a Leopard Love It!
10th January 2007 04:11 PM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:
Off I go into the world of Apple... Got myself an iPod and an 160gb external HD...
Just curious, any others users here who do torrents and stuff? I gotta lot to learn... I paid an extra $100 for a years worth of one on one help from the Apple store. So, basically they'll teach me all I want to learn. I thought this was cool...

while i will stay in the wonderful world of microsoft and windows new offering vista... i will say for photoshop (be it design or photography) work and virtually all graphical design work apple owns that sector hands down over microsoft. i used apple computers exclusively from like 1988 until the release of windows 95... now theres no turning back.

as for ipod... got the 4gb new nano for kids and i... their itunes software allows one to organize music absolutely cleaner and better than anything i have seen to date...

apples forums are a great source of help for ipod and itunes along with quicktime (i have QTPro and love it for cell phone and ipod video conversions).

http://www.apple.com/support/

[Edited by chevysales]
10th January 2007 04:14 PM
Saint Sway the new cell phone that Apple just previewed at CES looks sick!

once again revolutionizing the electronic entertainment industry
10th January 2007 04:53 PM
pdog Sway what irony i bought this the day before Mac World kicked off here in SF. Didn't even realize it until after i got home. Not like I didn't know, MW is huge here, it's like Woodstock for geeks!
I'm really privilaged to be in such good company here with helpful cool Apple users.
I'm getting my iPod loaded at Mp3's at 320kpbs, got the radio adapter and it sounds great through my amps radio, hopefully the car will be clean sounding as well.
30 gigs won't last long... Shit i should got the 80 gig iPod!
10th January 2007 04:55 PM
glencar I have yet to "Start Me Up" mine own Ipod after 3 months. I must do so tomorrow!!!!
10th January 2007 04:58 PM
Saint Sway pdog, I got the 30gig ipod. Right now I'm rolling with about 4k songs loaded and plenty of room left - but thats more than enough tunes for me. I just run it on shuffle mostly.

enjoy it. ipods are a music geeks dream. And you'll really enjoy life in the easy lane with your mac book
10th January 2007 05:15 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have yet to "Start Me Up" mine own Ipod after 3 months. I must do so tomorrow!!!!

I bought the iTrip, and i was nervous it would sound shitty through my home stereo. The way it sounds, I feel like i just made my CD player obsolete.
I did make on time wastng mistake. I just grabbed stuff and started ripping and sync'n stuff to my iPdod. I wasn't happy with the sound on some stuff. I played around and realized my default was ACC files at 128kbps... I switched to Mp3's at 320Kbps, huge difference.
there's so much I can do with this MacBook. I'm glad i paid for the year of tech advice at the Apple Store. I'm going to really enjoy this...
10th January 2007 05:17 PM
Fiji Joe A Mac?...So what?...You wipe back to front now too?
10th January 2007 05:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
A Mac?...So what?...You wipe back to front now too?

Sounds like a good way to catch a yeast infection.
10th January 2007 05:20 PM
Saint Sway the Apple stores here in NY are great. The Genius Bar makes life so much easier whenever theres a problem. I've brought in 4 different ipods over the years and they were able to fix 3 of them right on the spot. The waits can be a pain. But you can schedule your apt via email and then head down.

also the Apple stores here have really cool classes everyday that are free to attend. Teach you all kinds of easy tips and tricks for using iPhoto, iTunes, DVDs, webcasts etc
10th January 2007 05:20 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I bought the iTrip, and i was nervous it would sound shitty through my home stereo. The way it sounds, I feel like i just made my CD player obsolete.
I did make on time wastng mistake. I just grabbed stuff and started ripping and sync'n stuff to my iPdod. I wasn't happy with the sound on some stuff. I played around and realized my default was ACC files at 128kbps... I switched to Mp3's at 320Kbps, huge difference.
there's so much I can do with this MacBook. I'm glad i paid for the year of tech advice at the Apple Store. I'm going to really enjoy this...

I bought some home pod device. I'm looking forward to getting this iPod thing started tomorrow. It might cut back on my posting but soldier on w/o me.
10th January 2007 05:22 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bought some home pod device. I'm looking forward to getting this iPod thing started tomorrow. It might cut back on my posting but soldier on w/o me.

No, that must not happen. Can't you get your wife to do it or something?
10th January 2007 05:24 PM
Fiji Joe MP3s at 320 take up a lot of space...I usually rip at 192
10th January 2007 05:27 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Off I go into the world of Apple... Got myself an iPod and an 160gb external HD...

And...he's back! With a vengeance!

10th January 2007 05:28 PM
Saint Sway No. Rip high.

memory is cheap. You can always add more to your mac. And dot mac offers idisk storage space and you can buy additional space to store all your files remote

this way everythings backed up
[Edited by Saint Sway]
10th January 2007 05:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
A Mac?...So what?...You wipe back to front now too?

Wiping is for fags, I will the shit off my ass!
10th January 2007 05:31 PM
glencar
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

No, that must not happen. Can't you get your wife to do it or something?

No, I must learn this crap. I'm tired of being clueless. I will also do that iTunes thing. I'm also thinking of buying a laptop...And the Christmas lights come down tomorrow.
10th January 2007 05:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
MP3s at 320 take up a lot of space...I usually rip at 192

just doing an Mp3 is hard enough for me... i know, i know... I'm a bit uptight about my music quality, but at 320 I don't gringe, anything less and i hear and don't hear flaws and missing fidelity... my music is too important...
just like food and sex, if i don'y give it my all, why bother!
10th January 2007 05:37 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, I must learn this crap. I'm tired of being clueless. I will also do that iTunes thing. I'm also thinking of buying a laptop...And the Christmas lights come down tomorrow.

OK, I'll try to hold the fort down. I hope I am not the last of the clueless on this board. Quitter!
10th January 2007 05:41 PM
pdog
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

OK, I'll try to hold the fort down. I hope I am not the last of the clueless on this board. Quitter!

You're not alone in cluelessness when i'm around!
10th January 2007 05:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
And the Christmas lights come down tomorrow.

whats the rush?? I say kick back and let em hang until at least St Paddys

I'm betting Lethargy still has his xmas decorations up (from last year!)

either that or he never got around to putting them up this year
10th January 2007 05:48 PM
pdog I take mine down quick....
10th January 2007 05:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

whats the rush?? I say kick back and let em hang until at least St Paddys

I'm betting Lethargy still has his xmas decorations up (from last year!)

either that or he never got around to putting them up this year

I live in a highly competitive suburb!
10th January 2007 05:58 PM
SweetVirginia Pdog, there is also "apple lossless", sort of like Flac for iPods. I don't import stuff as apple lossless, so I don't know what the memory impact is. Discussion boards at Apple.com might be informative on this.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)