ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greetings and salutations! Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th January 2007 02:14 PM
slash1230 Hello there!

Nice place you folks have here...anyone mind if I pull up a seat, have a swig or two on that bottle, and pick a few notes?

I'm looking forward to getting to know ya, but I should warn ya - you'll never make a saint of me.

Ciao,

slash
5th January 2007 02:19 PM
Starbuck fleabit?!?! is it you?!?!

first off slash, do you like dylan? the velvet underground? what do you think of the eagles?
5th January 2007 03:12 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
first off slash, do you like dylan? the velvet underground? what do you think of the eagles?

Slash, do yourself a favor. The answer to these questions are: Yes, Hell Yes and they suck balls. It's just easier this way.
5th January 2007 03:16 PM
slash1230 Hmmm.

Dylan is a chameleon, as are most all of my favorites.

"The Gift" is my favorite VU story.

The Eagles aren't one of my all-time favorites, although I do appreciate Don Henley's talent.

Did I pass?

PS> Thanks for the welcome!
5th January 2007 03:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
Hmmm.

The Eagles aren't one of my all-time favorites, although I do appreciate Don Henley's talent.

Did I pass?

Quick, edit the Henley thing to say he is a talentless blowhard.
5th January 2007 03:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
although I do appreciate Don Henley's talent.

There's a place for you at www.maxlugar.com !
5th January 2007 03:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
although I do appreciate Don Henley's talent.

5th January 2007 03:27 PM
Fiji Joe Hey Gypsy...say hey to Darryl for me

5th January 2007 03:33 PM
Nellcote Welcome To The Jungle is a Wicked Pissa tune at NFL football games...
5th January 2007 03:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG Welcome, slash!!

Be ye thick of skin? if so..ye be fine here!!!
5th January 2007 03:59 PM
slash1230 Oh, I think I'm certainly thick-skinned enough.

I stand by my statement regarding Henley's talent, but if any of you nay-sayers would like to convince me to change my position, by all means let's hear YOU sing.

Now, please excuse me whilst I have another sip and go back to work on that troublesome A-flat-with-your-pinkie thingie there a few bars into "Angie".
[Edited by slash1230]
5th January 2007 04:03 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
Oh, I think I'm certainly thick-skinned enough.

I stand by my statement regarding Henley's talent, but if any of you nay-sayers would like to convince me to change my position, by all means let's hear YOU sing.

Now, please excuse me whilst I have another sip and go back to work on that troublesome A-flat-with-your-pinkie thingie there a few bars into "Angie".
[Edited by slash1230]

Did you prefer Don Henley with
--70's afro?
--80's long locks?
--today's GQ look??
5th January 2007 04:09 PM
slash1230
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Did you prefer Don Henley with
--70's afro?
--80's long locks?
--today's GQ look??

Generally speaking, I prefer not to think about Don Henley at all - but since you asked, I'll go with column "B".

On a different note, does anyone know if heroin figured into this aggravating A-flat in "Angie"? It's a pain to play, but damn if it isn't EXACTLY the right note for the song.

Genius.
5th January 2007 04:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Are you a real Stones fan?
5th January 2007 04:15 PM
slash1230 Ah huh.

Are you?

5th January 2007 04:21 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Are you a real Stones fan?

whether or not this is true remains to be seen, but this whole "henley has talent" business needs to be hashed out before we publically stone his ass.

saying henly has talent is like saying joey's farts don't smell, exile is overrated, brushing teeth is for dinks, whiskey sucks and feej can post.

'sides, his post count is awful damn low.

but liking henley? shit. alls i can say is....

5th January 2007 04:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
Ah huh.

Are you?

ayuh.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th January 2007 04:43 PM
slash1230
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

whether or not this is true remains to be seen, but this whole "henley has talent" business needs to be hashed out before we publically stone his ass.

saying henly has talent is like saying joey's farts don't smell, exile is overrated, brushing teeth is for dinks, whiskey sucks and feej can post.

'sides, his post count is awful damn low.

but liking henley? shit. alls i can say is....

My post count IS low...here.
Therefore, you'd be correct in stating that I'm a newbie...here.

Henley has talent. That should be fairly obvious to anyone NOT in denial. Whether or not one chooses to appreciate that talent is an individual choice, and it's a matter of individual preference as to whether or not one would find a particular person's talent to be enjoyable. Personally, I can recognize and appreciate talent when I see it, regardless of whether or not I find that talent to be enjoyable.

And, I should point out before things progress much further, I didn't say I like Henley. I said I appreciate his talent.

Now, are you gonna sing or what?
5th January 2007 04:45 PM
Some Guy Clay Aiken has talent?
5th January 2007 04:46 PM
TampabayStone I like the 70's fro. Like Mick says, If you have a fro; your never alone.
5th January 2007 04:49 PM
Joey " Nice place you folks have here...anyone mind if I pull up a seat, have a swig or two on that bottle, and pick a few notes? "

6th January 2007 12:31 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
slash1230 wrote:
Hmmm.

Did I pass?

Any fan of "The Gift" is ok by me.
6th January 2007 12:35 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Slash, do yourself a favor. The answer to these questions are: Yes, Hell Yes and they suck balls. It's just easier this way.

LOL...hey TBS, PM for you.
6th January 2007 12:52 AM
pdog liking VU and Henley can be a good thing, shows diversity and open mindedness. Now they cancel each other out in the are you cool enough factor, and we still have a Stones fan...
6th January 2007 11:19 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
slash1230 wrote:

Henley has talent. That should be fairly obvious to anyone NOT in denial. Whether or not one chooses to appreciate that talent is an individual choice, and it's a matter of individual preference as to whether or not one would find a particular person's talent to be enjoyable. Personally, I can recognize and appreciate talent when I see it, regardless of whether or not I find that talent to be enjoyable.

You make me sick.
6th January 2007 11:39 AM
nankerphelge Welcome.

Have you lurked here long enuf to recognize some RO "talent"???

You're familiar with the loons, I hope!

6th January 2007 12:08 PM
Starbuck moonie!

we're doing a set at the hopkins American Legion tonight from about 8:30 to 9:30 (saturday 1-6). we haven't played in a month or so and are rusty as hell...but the more beer you drink the better we sound. plus they have pull tabs, white trash regulars and free popcorn!
[Edited by Starbuck]
6th January 2007 01:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
moonie!

we're doing a set at the hopkins American Legion tonight from about 8:30 to 9:30 (saturday 1-6). we haven't played in a month or so and are rusty as hell...but the more beer you drink the better we sound. plus they have pull tabs, white trash regulars and free popcorn!
[Edited by Starbuck]

Free popcorn, yes...BUT...got butter?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th January 2007 01:12 PM
glencar Mick just loves the American Legion halls!
6th January 2007 02:04 PM
slash1230
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You make me sick.

Put the lime in the coconut. Drink 'em both together.
Put the lime in the coconut - then you'll feel better.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)