ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1998 RocknRose
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Poor Saddam... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th January 2007 12:22 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
That's fair game,but to try and show some kind of moral equivalency between Bush and Saddam is just flat out absurd. It's also demeaning to the millions of victims of Saddam Hussein.

That monster killed men,women,and children wholesale,and with absolutly no remorse.

When I see morons like this creeping death character try and compare Bush's actions to those of Saddam Hussein I just roll my eyes.
Riffy

Riffy,
I'm only choosing to comment on this because you have brought this up many times before. I don't think the relatives of the tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians killed since the invasion and occupation of Iraq would agree with your statements above. I don't believe the intent of Bush's Iraq policy was to kill men women and children of that country, but it has. Lots of them. I don't see any remorse from anyone in the White House for being directly responsible for these losses of life. I think this is why people make the oversimplified Hussein/ Bush comparison.
Just my two cents.
MM
5th January 2007 05:48 AM
corgi37 hang on, hang on.

Saddam is dead?
5th January 2007 08:57 AM
Taptrick
Rasputin - I actually agree with you that a "war on terror" is a bad and unrealistic term. Terror is a political and military tactic. Declaring a war on terror is akin to declaring a war on flanking movements. But, as you pointed out there clearly are constant world-wide terror attacks that will continue. And they will grow in severity and dealiness in the coming years. You don't have to have a position on Iraq to realize we are not leaving anytime soon. The UN, the Iraqi government, and dozens of other countries wouldn't allow it - in the past two months all have cited their belief that the US is obligated to stay under provisions of the Geneva Convention that direct an occupying power to stay until stability is granted. I would love to know that a future deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan is not in my Air Force career future but it probably is regardless of who is in power. And there are still rockets being fired at Israel every single day - it just won't be reported until Israel fires back again. Hamas and Fatah are actually fighting each other in Gaza now. As much as I would love to build a wall around the US and mandate US farm and industrial production while letting the rest of the World solve their own problems - it's not going to happen. Whoever is in charge in the US will stay militarily involved in the mideast and even if they attempted exit - something would be done by some Islamic-terror organization or government that would draw us back in. It's going to be a long struggle that everyone will probably continue to make keyboard commando comments on for decades to come.

5th January 2007 09:25 AM
Jumacfly meanwhile Ben Laden says Hi!
5th January 2007 09:30 AM
Taptrick
from a cave not in my Verizon network

5th January 2007 10:22 AM
glencar Bin Laden ain't saying shi'ite!
5th January 2007 01:39 PM
TampabayStone The name of this thread gets on me nerves.
Poor Saddam--Fuck him!!!
5th January 2007 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Moby Hits Out At Saddam Hussein Execution
Slamming blood thirsty culture...

by Scott Colothan on 05/01/2007
gigwise.com

Moby has criticised the Saddam Hussein execution, saying that he is against the death penalty.

The vegan dance connoisseur also hit out at people rejoicing in the tyrant’s death, saying: “It always makes me sad when I read about people celebrating the death of another human being.

“Saddam Hussein was a bad man, and a tyrant, and a despot. But I don't know that 'celebrating' his death speaks so highly of the celebrants.”

He continued: “I'm anti-death penalty, primarily because it represents an atavistic lack of development and compassion on our part.

”My personal hope for our us is that somehow, at some point, we'll learn to not take comfort in reprisals and vindictiveness.

”Our culture of punishing death with death and punishing violence with violence seems beneath us, and it seems to speak to who we were, but not who we have the potential to be.”

He continued his blog by saying: “Executing the guilty might satisfy some violent blood-lust within us, but as everyone learns in the 1st grade, two wrongs don't make a right.”
5th January 2007 03:14 PM
TampabayStone Fuck Moby too!
5th January 2007 03:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Fuck Moby too!

Not Moby.
5th January 2007 03:51 PM
rasputin56 I'd like to see that sumbitch work "atavistic" into one of his songs. Then maybe I'd be able to respect him.
5th January 2007 04:11 PM
mojoman
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Fuck Moby too!

moby is he still alive?
5th January 2007 10:36 PM
glencar Who celebrated Saddam's death? His victimized Iraqis? Moby needs to get his priorities straight.
5th January 2007 10:38 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who celebrated Saddam's death? His victimized Iraqis? Moby needs to get his priorities straight.

He mostly killed Iranians and Shia, and no one in The USA blinked an eye! The kurdish gassings did get some TV time, but not much else...
5th January 2007 10:39 PM
glencar There are atrocities happening around the world as I type this. We often don't know about this stuff for months.
5th January 2007 10:43 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
There are atrocities happening around the world as I type this. We often don't know about this stuff for months.

Yet we know about the daily happening of Lohan, Simpson, Jolie and others minutes after they happen...
And we wonder why people think we're assholes and shallow!
5th January 2007 10:45 PM
glencar Good point. And why are those women always getting engaged, married & divorced? I have less of an objection to gay marriage when I see what people like that have done to the institution.
5th January 2007 10:49 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good point. And why are those women always getting engaged, married & divorced? I have less of an objection to gay marriage when I see what people like that have done to the institution.

Just say Carmen loves Joanie!
or
Joanie loves Cha Cha!
or
Yummy!
As long as cute girls hook up together, I have no problem with overweight bearded guys in leather getting married!
5th January 2007 10:50 PM
glencar But what do you get them for a gift???
5th January 2007 10:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
But what do you get them for a gift???

the dudes or the girls... I get the dudes a room and the girls get a dv-cam.
5th January 2007 10:52 PM
glencar I meant for the 2 overweight bearded guys! I can always figure something good for 2 hot lesbians!
5th January 2007 10:56 PM
pdog the only time I'm bothered by same sex public diplays of affection, when the people involved are ugly. i fell that way about all public displays actually!
5th January 2007 10:58 PM
glencar Howe many PDA's do you see these days? It's not like high school.
[Edited by glencar]
5th January 2007 11:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe amny PDA's do you see these days? It's not like high school.

B/c of my job and this city, tons!
5th January 2007 11:14 PM
Taptrick Lesbian relationships are cool in high school right now. It's scarey what high school kids are into these days. Self-mutilation and skin carving are also big right now.

[Edited by Taptrick]
5th January 2007 11:18 PM
pdog brands and carving, at least by professionals, is nothing new!
Emo kids cutting themselves, is fucking funny! discussing this in the Saddam thread is awesome!
5th January 2007 11:40 PM
glencar Some kid hung himself in imitation of the Saddam hanging. He apparently didn't think he would kill himself.
6th January 2007 12:46 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some kid hung himself in imitation of the Saddam hanging. He apparently didn't think he would kill himself.

Bet he forgot to masturbate while doing it too, at least make it a happy ending!
6th January 2007 06:03 AM
corgi37 Yep, Michael Hutchence got it right! Painted toe nails and all!

Kids imitating stuff is nothing new. Shit, how many kids hurt themselves jumping off the roof as Superman or Spiderman?

And i have to say - Go and get fucked Mr. Moby! What a, how you Americans say?...ah yes, Dweeb.

Nobody listens to techno.
6th January 2007 12:00 PM
glencar This is the most Moby's been talked about since 1998!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)