ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Madison Square Garden - January 16, 2003

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tequila or beer for lunch??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-10-03 11:28 AM
nankerphelge Interactive nankiness today!!
You get to decide what I drink for lunch.
Choose wisely -- my afternoon posting depends on you.
01-10-03 11:30 AM
jb I'm sorry you won't be seeing the Rolling Stones in their final New York appearences....but work always comes first.
01-10-03 11:31 AM
nankerphelge Man you don't read well at all!

I will be in NY -- but not Boston.
Get it?

And I won't be meeting you since you are pulling your Howard Hughes imitation and hanging out in your hotel.

Trim yer nails for gods sake!!
01-10-03 11:32 AM
jb Give me a call and we can say Hello....PM me and I will give you my #.
01-10-03 11:32 AM
Joey Please go with some Margaritas and thank me later .........

{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESY AND THE PUSSYCATS }}}}}}}}}}
01-10-03 11:34 AM
nankerphelge jb -- I am not calling you to say hello.
I can say hello to you here.
If you decide to go crazy and head out to the "dives" for drinks, I'll say "high" then!

01-10-03 11:36 AM
jb O.K.
01-10-03 11:40 AM
parmeda Whoa! Hold the bus!!!

Before any festivities begin, did you all do your homework? Hmm? I'm in for you having a good time and all, but I need some info on that fricken picture and it's making me nuts, LOL.

btw Nank...it's really cold here today, and I would lean towards some nice brandy myself.

01-10-03 11:44 AM
Joey " If you decide to go crazy and head out to the "dives" for drinks, I'll say "high" then! "

I recommend the " YOTI " or " Faces and Names Lounge " on 54th Street between 6th and 7th .

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-10-03 12:27 PM
scope Definitely a Beer day. Tequila chasers for this evening. I'm in. Leaving now for that first frosty cold one.
01-10-03 01:02 PM
nankerphelge Went with tequila!!

Muchos Drinkos!
01-10-03 01:19 PM
winter You go Nanky - Margaritas are for Sissies, keep it simple with the core ingredient -

Enjoy your day, see ya next week,

wintah
01-10-03 01:30 PM
nankerphelge Where are you drinking pre-show Winter?
01-10-03 01:47 PM
winter Nanky

I am in town with Little K (i've just crowned her with that user name as I type) - so to start I'm
"pulling a JB" so to speak and grabbing a drink in our hotel bar and grabbing some eats. After that, it's where ever Team Nanky et al is.

I'm really bummed I missed you guys before Giants Stadium, so I'm not going to miss you guys again.

BTW, is your firm accepting resumes? I'll work for free, just as long as I can get loaded in the office every friday.

wintah

01-10-03 01:48 PM
nankerphelge It's a good firm, but not as lushy as my former firm!!

We have to firm up plans on the pre-show -- YOTI vs. Walters. I think we should hit both -- a lil' YOTI to start and some Walters to get real festive!!
01-10-03 01:51 PM
winter Do they actually play Stones music at either of them? My only criticism of Sully's was no Stones tunes - WTF.

I'll bring a copy of Emotional Rescue just to be safe - How does you like them apples Maxy-

wintah
01-10-03 01:53 PM
nankerphelge YOTI has a CD juke with Hot Rocks and Stripped (I think) -- no idea on Wally's.

Sully's definitely need some tunes!
Man I was hoping to make it there Sunday!
01-10-03 02:01 PM
winter Nanky:

Get off your arse and get up here. Even though the show is sold out, there are plenty of seats available through scalpers. There will be some good bargains outside the show. I'm sure.

One scalper from vegas dished his entire inventory yesterday to local scalper - all way below face. He had tickets in the 4th row, the 6th row and the first loges right next to the stage.

I was considering scooping up the 4th row pair, but I was five minutes too late. Probably better that way, cause I would have taken a beating selling the tickets I already have.

Even on e-bay now there are some pretty good deals.

No lie, my mother just yesterday got 2 seats in Section 15 for slightly less than face ($150 per)- god bless her.

Wintah

01-10-03 02:05 PM
nankerphelge Oh I'm sure the tix are good. Problem is a big old Motion I'm working on -- don't think I can get up there!

Fucking hell!
01-10-03 02:06 PM
Nellcote Yeah Nanky, let's not puppy out. After all, we've all now got to gig with Wintah's mom at the bah! Fer Chrissakes, get in your cah an git yer butt up heah, you peckahead!
If you fly inta Providence, git thehya by 1p, I'll pick ya up!
01-10-03 02:08 PM
~AzQb

ey aye nanky

Just GeT there in one piece, ok.

You DO have quite a ride ahead, no?

{throatraspingchuckle} ...so unless ya got a driver...you know-- easy--k?

~mommy!
01-10-03 02:12 PM
nankerphelge I could drive, but I'd probably fly.
Oh man this is tough....
01-10-03 02:13 PM
winter Just to be clear - I don't think my mother will not be pre-partying with us.

And the collective reluctance to resort to "Mom jokes" on this site is very much appreciated.

wintah
01-10-03 02:16 PM
winter Nanky:

One more thought, why don't you stop sucking on that bottle of Hose Ceurvo, and get to work so you can get up here.

I have a hard time having sympathy for someone who says he's too busy, when his biggest decision of the day was beer or tequila - not to minimize the importance of that decision, but come on -

wintah
[Edited by winter]
01-10-03 02:17 PM
Nellcote Yeah, Wintah, I'm even offering to pick the SOB up in
Providence, when his firms corporate jet delivers him.
We could bring him right to Sully's, with Palais Royale
blasting at the seems! Tequila provided, along with
Macanudo's.....Here it comes....
It's that pull,

WTF, Nanky, did I read you were at Rich Stadium in '78?
I was there, Atlanta Rythym (sp) Section was the opena
Some guy parachuted inta the stadium, with flares
We went to the sacred ground before the show....
THE EL MOCAMBO! Yes!
stayed in Amherst, ate at some dina in Buffalo

Now, there, are ya gonna ditch Boston now?

What time Nanky?
[Edited by Nellcote]
01-10-03 02:18 PM
winter Nellcote - I'll call you on Sunday

wintah
01-10-03 02:21 PM
nankerphelge Yeah Winter, you're right -- time to drink -- time to rock!

It's frustrating as hell, let me tell ya!
01-10-03 02:26 PM
winter NANKY, NANKY, NANKY, NANKY, NANKY!!!!

A wise man once said, "Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?"

-wintah
01-10-03 03:16 PM
~AzQb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I could drive, but I'd probably fly.
Oh man this is tough....

Ok NanKeR!

NOW i feel stupid

~RoTfLmAo~!
01-10-03 04:14 PM
Maxlugar Nanky, you are so overdue for a drunken post.

Please keep right on drinking and log on around 10:00PM.

I wanna see some spewage!!!

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST