ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LIND appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 9th, 2006 07:35 AM
Jair A good song, with some little problems, like these lines:

- I feel like an actor, lookin for a role

- Been sippin champagne, on the boulevards

- I'm leavin for the city, but I'm all alone

COME ON, Mick could do it better!

Anyway, now I'm liking it more. Sometimes, however, it sounds me a bit like a Led Zeppelin song...

January 9th, 2006 07:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge best song on the album
January 9th, 2006 07:58 AM
Jumacfly one more song with "fantasy"inside....missing a guitar solo.Overmannered lead vocal IMHO.
But good point on back vox, bravo Mick!
January 9th, 2006 08:06 AM
Gazza wouldnt change a line or a note of it. It's perfect

and a guitar solo over that song would be like seeing a dog turd when youre having sex on a beach - would completely spoil the mood...
January 9th, 2006 08:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
and a guitar solo over that song would be like seeing a dog turd when youre having sex on a beach - would completely spoil the mood...

LOL Gazza you re still the man
January 9th, 2006 08:23 AM
BILL PERKS GREAT SONG..A FRIEND OF MINE ,WHO I GO TO SHOWS WITH HATES IT..HE'S JUST A CASUAL FAN..DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE BAND DOING THINGS OUTSIDE THE BOX,AS THEY HAVE DONE FOR 40 YEARS.
THE ONLY WAY THE SUPER BOWL WILL BE A SUCCESS FOR ME IS IF THEY PLAY THIS SONG
January 9th, 2006 08:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you remembert when I posted the thread "30 seconds over winterland" with 60 to 90 minutes of each song this was the only one I posted twice, two portions of the songs and longer than the others

At first listen I thought this would be played live in all shows, the equivalent to "Out of Control"

Great song
January 9th, 2006 08:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
If you remembert when I posted the thread "30 seconds over winterland" with 60 to 90 minutes of each song this was the only one I posted twice, two portions of the songs and longer than the others

At first listen I thought this would be played live in all shows, the equivalent to "Out of Control"

Great song

yep! Voodoo I remember your radio airplay about the song...what a great moment it was to hear you live !!
January 9th, 2006 09:12 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I agree with Gazza on this one. It would be ruined by a guitar solo. But many other songs on bang would benefit from a good solo. She Saw Me Coming needs a good solo.
January 9th, 2006 09:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I agree with Gazza on this one. It would be ruined by a guitar solo. But many other songs on bang would benefit from a good solo. She Saw Me Coming needs a good solo.

I miss Ronnie and a real bass player on most of the songs.
January 9th, 2006 09:36 AM
West 8 I think it's one of the best from ABB. I would love to hear it (and Driving too fast) live.
January 9th, 2006 09:39 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
West 8 wrote:
I think it's one of the best from ABB. I would love to hear it (and Driving too fast) live.

in 2015 may be!
January 9th, 2006 09:56 AM
blackandblue
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
GREAT SONG..A FRIEND OF MINE ,WHO I GO TO SHOWS WITH HATES IT..HE'S JUST A CASUAL FAN..DOESNT UNDERSTAND THE BAND DOING THINGS OUTSIDE THE BOX,AS THEY HAVE DONE FOR 40 YEARS.

Why are you still friends with Sir Stonesalot?
January 9th, 2006 10:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Why are you still friends with Sir Stonesalot?

That's a long story, my grand father told me once but I ve forgotten it.
January 9th, 2006 10:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

yep! Voodoo I remember your radio airplay about the song...what a great moment it was to hear you live !!

No Jumy, I am not talking about the official presentation of ABB on the radio but my one-month anticipation of samples of ABB http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D24%2D2005/214276-1.html

Anyway I also played LIND on the ABB presentation on the radio of course
January 9th, 2006 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I agree with Gazza on this one. It would be ruined by a guitar solo.

Actually, take a listen to it and the guitar playing on it is absolutely beautiful without detracting from the majesty of the song the way a big over the top solo would.

A classic example of the old maxim "less is more"
January 9th, 2006 10:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

No Jumy, I am not talking about the official presentation of ABB on the radio but my one-month anticipation of samples of ABB http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D24%2D2005/214276-1.html

Anyway I also played LIND on the ABB presentation on the radio of course

I know Voodoo, but this radio show was a great souvenir for me when you said "we got people from France (..) who are listening"..
that was my emotionnal minute of the day

Back to topic!!
LIND also got a great pace and a fantastic Charlie as usuual.
January 9th, 2006 10:13 AM
Bruno Stone LIND is another exemple of sexy guitars in Stones songs. The bit "been traveling far and wide" is perfect. In the end, when they are singing it for the last time, if you concentrate in the guitars you see how great and sexy are the licks.
January 9th, 2006 10:19 AM
blackandblue Great song. One of my favorites. Jagger in top shape.
January 9th, 2006 10:22 AM
glencar Nice song. I place it in the Top 8 from ABB.
January 9th, 2006 10:30 AM
Jumacfly the last part with the 4(??) voices is fantastic.

And Gazza,interesting point about guitars.
May be this is the reason with I'd like a solo,because those great licks are teasers.
Glencar, on top 5 for me
January 9th, 2006 10:43 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
the last part with the 4(??) voices is fantastic.

According to the credits there's no additional backup singers but I think they have Lisa (or someone singing like a girl), Bernard, Blondie, etc
January 9th, 2006 10:46 AM
blackandblue
quote:

According to the credits there's no additional backup singers but I think they have Lisa (or someone singing like a girl), Bernard, Blondie, etc

Don't think so. If you listen carefully you only hear Mick singing. He does the backup singing on his own.
[Edited by blackandblue]
January 9th, 2006 10:48 AM
Jair
quote:

May be nothing, but in the DVD keith appears back singing on LIND...

AND hey, no one see similarity with Zeppelin here? Just me? Ok, I was so high that I can felt the smell of sun burning but, anyway...?????

January 9th, 2006 10:50 AM
glencar Nah, Jair, this is way better than Zep.
January 9th, 2006 10:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

I m sure it's 100% Mick..the falsetto etc etc...
January 9th, 2006 10:54 AM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, Jair, this is way better than Zep.

Thats for sure, Glencar, never doubt it.
Btw, how are you, Glencar?

January 9th, 2006 10:58 AM
glencar I've been better. Body's got problems, car's got problems, you know...But the Stones are coming to town!
January 9th, 2006 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
LIND is another exemple of sexy guitars in Stones songs. The bit "been traveling far and wide" is perfect. In the end, when they are singing it for the last time, if you concentrate in the guitars you see how great and sexy are the licks.

..and thats Mick doing ALL of the vocals in that final chorus (although before I saw the credits I thought I could hear Keith in there..)

The Mick Jagger Quartet. An impressive little combo indeed.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 9th, 2006 12:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
wouldnt change a line or a note of it. It's perfect

I especially like the layering of guitars. This is a very good song...would not do well as a single, but it is one of my favorite tracks released in some years...very well arranged.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)