ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New list-biggest assholes of music Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 17th, 2004 10:11 AM
Monkeytonkman Jair - seems to me that you are voting for stuff that you don't particularly like and consider to be 'crap' this doesn't make them assholes.

I voted for Gene simmons and Axl, and I like their music. however I do realise that the pair of them are a couple of knobs.

come to think of it, Mick Jagger can be a bit of a pretentious prick at times. add him to my list.
December 17th, 2004 10:21 AM
jb Like him or not, Clay Aiken is the mordern day Pat Boone who appeals to Christian conservatives throughout this nation. He has by far had the most success of all of the so-called "idols" and I predict he will be around for years to come...I listened to his Christmas album yesterdau on AOL radio, and even though I am a jew, it was beautiful.
December 17th, 2004 10:37 AM
Jair
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
Jair - seems to me that you are voting for stuff that you don't particularly like and consider to be 'crap' this doesn't make them assholes.

I voted for Gene simmons and Axl, and I like their music. however I do realise that the pair of them are a couple of knobs.

come to think of it, Mick Jagger can be a bit of a pretentious prick at times. add him to my list.

Thanks for the tip, but I actually don't like their music. And I like Mick pretentious. Mick have the right
December 17th, 2004 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:
Like him or not, Clay Aiken is the mordern day Pat Boone who appeals to Christian conservatives throughout this nation. He has by far had the most success of all of the so-called "idols" and I predict he will be around for years to come...I listened to his Christmas album yesterdau on AOL radio, and even though I am a jew, it was beautiful.

December 17th, 2004 11:10 AM
glencar Simply brilliant, Joshy. May you find serenity in the peace of Christmas.
December 17th, 2004 11:27 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Simply brilliant, Joshy. May you find serenity in the peace of Christmas.

Thanks Glencar. I really do dislike Bill Perks.
December 17th, 2004 11:30 AM
glencar He's one of only 2 I dislike. Really though, this is the time of year to find peace. I've learned to put him on ignore.
December 17th, 2004 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's one of only 2 I dislike. Really though, this is the time of year to find peace. I've learned to put him on ignore.

Whose the other one?
December 17th, 2004 11:35 AM
glencar You don't know?
December 17th, 2004 11:36 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You don't know?

No
December 17th, 2004 11:40 AM
glencar Joshy, I gotta go. Time's a-wasting. I hope you PM me & send me some nice CDr's. I'm running low on new stuff.
December 17th, 2004 01:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot In the music industry, a better question is who ISN'T a huge flamin' a-hole!?!

Anyhow, here's my short list. Remember, this isn't about the music they made, it's about how big of an asshole they are.

Jim Morrison. Even the people who loved him thought he was a raging asshole.

Don Henley. I hope he drowns in that fuckin' pond, and his body is devoured by teeming masses of tadpoles.

Elton John. Just goes to show that gays can be assoles too. Literally and figuratively.

John Fogerty. Big time asshole. Pretty much hated by everyone with whom he has dealings with.

Robbie Robertson. Nothing worse than a guy who tries to rewrite(and remix) history to make himself look good.

Lou Reed. An example of a brilliant asshole. Mean and self-serving.

Bono. Everyone knows where I stand with this twat.

Chuck Berry. An insufferable asshole. Even Keith turned on him.

Keith Moon. Sure he was funny, but Moonie beat his wife. Often. That spells asshole.

Brian Jones. Smacked around his women, ignored his kids. Asshole with a capital A.

Ted Nugent. Shoots perfectly good guitars with a bow and arrow. Who does something like that? Only an asshole.

Steven Tyler. Turned a perfectly good rock and roll band into a bunch of schlockmeisters that no longer rocks or rolls. If that doesn't make you an asshole, I don't know what does.

Gene Simmons. Plays up being Mr. Groupiebanger, but the truth is that he's been monogamous for the last 15 years. He takes his live in with him on tour. Egoist of the first degree. Asshole almost seems to be too small of a word for him.

Axel Rose. Took a band that had the promise of being one of the great ones, and drove away every single thing that was good about it. A spoiled asshole.

Sly Stone. Insisted on being paid cash, up front for gigs...and then didn't show up. No respect for anyone, including his fans.

Ike Turner. Wife beater. A mean, mean person.

Iggy Pop. I love Iggy, but the guy was just so fucking mean and hurtful and cruel and unreliable and destructive/self-destructive that he demands to be on this list.

Courtney Love. Just look at her! Appearances are not deceiving.

Whitney Houston. Is still married to Bobby Brown, what else do you need to know?

Anyone asscociated with hair metal or prog rock.

December 17th, 2004 01:55 PM
Riffhard "Greg Allman- kicking out a founding member, Dicky Betts"- Mr. D

Let me ask you something Mr D. Have you ever met Dicky Betts? Well let me tell you a little something. He is easily the biggest asshole that I have ever had the extreme misfortune to meet. He can not handle his drink at all. He is a loudmouthed redneck fuck who should have been booted from the Allman Bros decades ago! He was kicked out for a good reason. Greg Allman,on the other hand,is a genuinly nice guy that is very cordial and easy going. If you can't get along with Greg you must be an asshole,and Dicky couldn't. Kind of sums up Dicky I'd say. He was,and is still,loathed by just about everybody that he has ever worked with.

Riffhard
December 17th, 2004 02:20 PM
jb Macca..charged for drinks at his wedding to Peggy!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 17th, 2004 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
In the music industry, a better question is who ISN'T a huge flamin' a-hole!?!

Anyhow, here's my short list. Remember, this isn't about the music they made, it's about how big of an asshole they are.

Jim Morrison. Even the people who loved him thought he was a raging asshole.

Don Henley. I hope he drowns in that fuckin' pond, and his body is devoured by teeming masses of tadpoles.

Elton John. Just goes to show that gays can be assoles too. Literally and figuratively.

John Fogerty. Big time asshole. Pretty much hated by everyone with whom he has dealings with.

Robbie Robertson. Nothing worse than a guy who tries to rewrite(and remix) history to make himself look good.

Lou Reed. An example of a brilliant asshole. Mean and self-serving.

Bono. Everyone knows where I stand with this twat.

Chuck Berry. An insufferable asshole. Even Keith turned on him.

Keith Moon. Sure he was funny, but Moonie beat his wife. Often. That spells asshole.

Brian Jones. Smacked around his women, ignored his kids. Asshole with a capital A.

Ted Nugent. Shoots perfectly good guitars with a bow and arrow. Who does something like that? Only an asshole.

Steven Tyler. Turned a perfectly good rock and roll band into a bunch of schlockmeisters that no longer rocks or rolls. If that doesn't make you an asshole, I don't know what does.

Gene Simmons. Plays up being Mr. Groupiebanger, but the truth is that he's been monogamous for the last 15 years. He takes his live in with him on tour. Egoist of the first degree. Asshole almost seems to be too small of a word for him.

Axel Rose. Took a band that had the promise of being one of the great ones, and drove away every single thing that was good about it. A spoiled asshole.

Sly Stone. Insisted on being paid cash, up front for gigs...and then didn't show up. No respect for anyone, including his fans.

Ike Turner. Wife beater. A mean, mean person.

Iggy Pop. I love Iggy, but the guy was just so fucking mean and hurtful and cruel and unreliable and destructive/self-destructive that he demands to be on this list.

Courtney Love. Just look at her! Appearances are not deceiving.

Whitney Houston. Is still married to Bobby Brown, what else do you need to know?

Anyone asscociated with hair metal or prog rock.

December 17th, 2004 08:22 PM
Soldatti I agree Sir Stonesalot with every asshole there.
[Edited by Soldatti]
December 19th, 2004 05:28 PM
glencar Glenn Frey should be on this list.
December 19th, 2004 07:35 PM
corgi37 Jair - Mamas and papas? WTF? What have they done to you? Michelle Phillips was the quintessential 60's flower child. Jagger fixed her up at her absolute height of sexiness.

Doors and CCR? Man, you are twisted.

December 28th, 2004 09:21 PM
rolling who How about Scott Weiland of STP/Velvet Revolver. Perhaps the single most untalented, unoriginal star to traipse across the rock stratosphere. Here's why:

1. When STP first came out, he was known simply as Weiland. You know, like Morrissey or Bono or any number of alt.-rock, one-named stars. Boring alt-rock cliche.

2. He admits to naming Stone Temple Pilots simply because he wanted to have a band with the initials "STP". You know, like the motor oil. Or the drug. A blatant LSD/"Lucy in the Sky" rock cliche.

3. STP's first album shifts from sounding eerily like Pearl Jam ("Plush") to Nirvana ("Creep") -- completely unoriginal. Grunge rock cliches.

4. He penned the following lyric: "Feelin' uninspired/Think I'll start a fire/Everybody run/Bobby's got a gun/Think you're kinda neat/Then she tells me I'm a creep/Friends don't mean a thing/Guess I'll leave it up to me."
Huh?

5. In the ultimate rock star cliche, he's a zonked out drug addict. You know, cuz he's had such a tough life, heroin is the only way to dull the pain. Please. The Brit rockers were at least on the vanguard of using drugs. the new rockers are just trying to act like the Brit rockers.

6. STP's later albums veered off into different directions, but always remained utterly derivative of other styles.

7. Velvet Revolver? Oh, I get it ... sorta like Velvet Underground meets the Beatles? Please.
December 28th, 2004 09:53 PM
glencar You convinced me although I was halfway there anyway...
December 29th, 2004 11:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler I agree with corgi that it's twisted to include CCR, but John Lennon? How twisted is that?
Gene Simmons is spot on. I share office space with a lawyer who taught Gene Klein (aka Simmons) to play bass when they were in a band together in high school. His opinion of Simmons is even lower than all of yours.
Josh wrote: "I listened to [Clay Aiken's] Christmas album yesterday on AOL radio, and even though I am a jew, it was beautiful."
I was reminded of what Bart Simpson said to Lisa when she asked why Krusty the Klown (a Jew) had a Christmas TV special: "Christmas is a time when people of all faiths come together to worship Jesus Christ."
December 30th, 2004 12:43 AM
Poplar
is it too late to put Frank Sinatra on the list?
I mean, I love the chairman... but what an ass hole?
December 30th, 2004 05:13 AM
thejuf what about Cliff Richard??????
December 30th, 2004 05:24 AM
F505 Don't forget Frankie Miller, a major asshole
December 30th, 2004 09:18 PM
gypsymofo60 Scott Weiland at the moment and the wankers at Melbourne's radio Triple M. Comparing that twat to Axl.Fucking sacrelige. Ronnie James Dio for the same thing 25 years ago.
All time list.
1. BONO love their old stuff,hate the new stuff, and I'm sick to death of his sanctamonious clap-trap. For fuck sake
Bono! Take some drugs or get laid.
2.Lennon. Great musician, but another of The Mother Theresa brigade. Who writes a song about their Mummy for Gods sake!
3. Eminem Mick Jagger, white nigger my arse!
4. He aint no musician, but Nick Kent, and the rest of Britain's rock press circa;76/77. Get on the band wagon to stay hip. Strolling Bones????Cocksuckers!
5. Wacko.......Too many reasons. He looks like ETs Mum. He hasn't ever come up with a real record, and well as for that other record, wooooooooooooooooooooo yuk! Dirt Bag!
6. Ted Nugent. Redneck 1 on his licence plates. Beer, guns,pick-ups, and shooting defenceless animals. OH YEAH! Teddy,You're the demon alright. KNOB!
7. Liam & Noel...Good songs, but Manchunian Monkeys, all lager and no head.
8. INXS........Looking for another new vocalist via an Australian idol type show. Hutch'd be rolling in his urn kicking up a dust devil. Shame on you,shame, shame shame. Maybe Ray Manzerak and the boys could hire the next American Idol.
9. Jimmy Barnes. You may not have heard of him if you're not familiar with OZ music. Lucky you.
10. Billy Idol Elvis meets Sid Vicious Oh God! My mate put an empty pint over his head in a Putney pub one night for scrounging drugs. He had red hair back then. "Why don't you fuck off blood nut?" Hee heee, that was a chuckle.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood