ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't get it... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
19th December 2007 12:28 PM
karsonkoala I barely write on this board, but I read it on a daily basis... Now, I need some help... Am I the only one not to understand what is going on with all that blowey/joey/schmoey thing???
19th December 2007 12:37 PM
monkey_man I don't understand the plague but I know enough to avoid it like. . .well. . .the plague!
19th December 2007 12:40 PM
Sioux I think it's a Joey with a LOT of time to post...{wink}
19th December 2007 12:58 PM
Highwire Rob ... or else a bundle of the worst intellectual property violations since Letterman moved to CBS!

Joey, however, has plenty of lawyer friends. I foresee successful lawsuits ahead.

and... WAIT A MINUTE!

Hey! Joey?

YOU STOLE MY PUSSY PICTURE!!!!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
19th December 2007 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
karsonkoala wrote:
I barely write on this board, but I read it on a daily basis... Now, I need some help... Am I the only one not to understand what is going on with all that blowey/joey/schmoey thing???

A few disgruntled, below average posters have created clones of joey and are making lame attempts to mock him. IMO I'd be embarrassed to be posting as an alias, but to each their own.
19th December 2007 03:16 PM
Blowey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

A few disgruntled, below average posters have created clones of joey and are making lame attempts to mock him. IMO I'd be embarrassed to be posting as an alias, but to each their own.

What a faig.
19th December 2007 03:26 PM
*ginda Joey or Blowey - my heart belongs to the one who created the beguiling (and long absent) Mrs. Moto from Gasland.
19th December 2007 03:27 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Voodoo.. You know that Joey word for word has used Maxlugars posts, and has done it for years.
With half the board knowing this, ask yourself this question: How does this post I just made, make me come off?
19th December 2007 03:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Blowey wrote:

What a faig.

Do people seriously collect these things?
19th December 2007 03:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

Voodoo.. You know that Joey word for word has used Maxlugars posts, and has done it for years.
With half the board knowing this, ask yourself this question: How does this post I just made, make me come off?

joey posts under his own name and does not mask his identity. The aliases, IMO, are humiliating to the board and to those behind them. Take that to the bank. It takes a real disturbed and/or sheltered person to have to create a fantasy world within a fantasy world. This, IMO is no different than playing "Second Life"
19th December 2007 03:33 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The only thing more embarrassing would be a parody of you.
19th December 2007 03:34 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

joey posts under his own name and does not mask his identity. The aliases, IMO, are humiliating to the board and to those behind them. Take that to the bank. It takes a real disturbed and/or sheltered person to have to create a fantasy world within a fantasy world. This, IMO is no different than playing "Second Life"

His own name? LOL
19th December 2007 03:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

catch up old man, there has been one...
19th December 2007 03:41 PM
glencar I been away. Prison. Apparently said parody failed to catch on, per your whole persona...
19th December 2007 03:42 PM
poopooslug
quote:
glencar wrote:

You bastard.
19th December 2007 03:43 PM
glencar LOL
19th December 2007 03:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
His own name? LOL

his own "screen name" of which many have met/seen pictures of him and know who it is associated with. I mean really blue, have you aged to the point where I have to fucking explain everything to you. I expect a more from a varsity letterman.
19th December 2007 03:45 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I somewhat agree with the alias thing, it is weird, but usually they are just funny, not meant to be hurtful. And those who can do them, have certain talents, like in Blowey's case. Blowey is a parody of a poster, who steals another persons material. In the case of copying a persons stuff, for years, then going by your post, is a really deranged person. You owe Joey an apology, and ask most of the board, or those who read this, that's what you just said.
19th December 2007 03:48 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

his own "screen name" of which many have met/seen pictures of him and know who it is associated with. I mean really blue, have you aged to the point where I have to fucking explain everything to you. I expect a more from a varsity letterman.

Age jokes? Wow, that's like hitting keno.org territory there! And what you meant & what you typed are 2 different things. Your upcoming dotage is going to be tough.
19th December 2007 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I somewhat agree with the alias thing, it is weird, but usually they are just funny, not meant to be hurtful. And those who can do them, have certain talents, like in Blowey's case. Blowey is a parody of a poster, who steals another persons material. In the case of copying a persons stuff, for years, then going by your post, is a really deranged person. You owe Joey an apology, and ask most of the board, or those who read this, that's what you just said.

I've shook hands with Joey and bought him a drink. In my world this is similar to a Vegas businessman shaking hands with Sinatra....you don't cross them. I support Joey.
19th December 2007 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Age jokes? Wow, that's like hitting keno.org territory there! And what you meant & what you typed are 2 different things. Your upcoming dotage is going to be tough.

19th December 2007 04:02 PM
GayB gOD bLESS ALL THE LITTLE aRAB CHILDREN!!!!
19th December 2007 04:02 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I've shook hands with Joey and bought him a drink. In my world this is similar to a Vegas businessman shaking hands with Sinatra....you don't cross them. I support Joey.

I too have shoook hands with many people, so how does this relate to your fantasy scenario, and how Joey has copied Lugars posts word for word?
19th December 2007 04:08 PM
glencar Seriously. I once shook the hand of a schnook named FPM & he turned out to be the biggest twit this board has ever seen. EVER!
19th December 2007 04:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

I too have shoook hands with many people, so how does this relate to your fantasy scenario, and how Joey has copied Lugars posts word for word?

Easy, I'll spell it out....joey does it as "Joey" and did not take the steps that come directly before a rental car and an adult diaper (credit Fiji Joe 2007) and create "Max Pooper" or something similar.

Lugar started his own board, I don't think he particularly cares what joey posts, but perhaps you can ask him yourself. This is a message board, not published music, there are no "copyright laws" and those who feel they need to protect the integrity of their online character are beyond help anyway.
19th December 2007 04:10 PM
poopooslug
quote:
GayB wrote:
gOD bLESS ALL THE LITTLE aRAB CHILDREN!!!!

I will wear my ROcks Off Tee for at least a song (it is very warm with the big images!) and will raise a glass of Cuervo for you!!!!
19th December 2007 04:15 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Easy, I'll spell it out....joey does it as "Joey" and did not take the steps that come directly before a rental car and an adult diaper (credit Fiji Joe 2007) and create "Max Pooper" or something similar.

Lugar started his own board, I don't think he particularly cares what joey posts, but perhaps you can ask him yourself. This is a message board, not published music, there are no "copyright laws" and those who feel they need to protect the integrity of their online character are beyond help anyway.

So with all that said, and that is bigger than a mouthful of steak at Mortons...How does the alias thing matter... by your own admission this is a fantasy land, and it's all bullshit. The only irony is you're the first one to bitch and complain too... What it always comes down to, is if people don't act the way you want them too, you get all self righteous. And you hijack threads with this self rightesnous. you did it big time with Zep... BUT!! if you get hijacked you cry like a 4 year old spoiled brat about it. As a friend, which I am, even though we've not met. Drop it, don't try to control the board, that more than naything else is what makes this place lame. The fact we've got so much freedom here, is what makes this place great...
19th December 2007 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Seriously. I once shook the hand of a schnook named FPM & he turned out to be the biggest twit this board has ever seen. EVER!

Sadly, discussions of politics, religion, and personal lives tend to bring out the worst in people online. Its a shame that there isnt the harmony here that there once was. I seem to recall a lot more people getting along and I certainly remember a whole hell of a lot less bitterness and aggressiveness towards other posters (from me as well as a large number of people here). Perhaps, we are taking this a bit too seriously. Take a step back and look...for whatever reason you find it necessary to take a dig at me virtually everyday we post together. (on that same note, for some reason I find it hard not to antagonize Fiji Joe) In reality, neither one of us matter one bit to each other, yet you allow yourself to get so worked up and bent out of shape at whatever I post that you go into a cyber rage. Is there really any need for it? Do any of us outside of the friendships forged away from the board have any real reason to like or dislike anyone whom we only know through a brief encounter or through a cyber community? The answer is no. I am making it a point to be less involved with the message board this coming year and less emotionally attached to the numerous attacks from people who dislike me. It'd be nice to see others take the same steps.
19th December 2007 04:18 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, discussions of politics, religion, and personal lives tend to bring out the worst in people online. Its a shame that there isnt the harmony here that there once was. I seem to recall a lot more people getting along and I certainly remember a whole hell of a lot less bitterness and aggressiveness towards other posters (from me as well as a large number of people here). Perhaps, we are taking this a bit too seriously. Take a step back and look...for whatever reason you find it necessary to take a dig at me virtually everyday we post together. (on that same note, for some reason I find it hard not to antagonize Fiji Joe) In reality, neither one of us matter one bit to each other, yet you allow yourself to get so worked up and bent out of shape at whatever I post that you go into a cyber rage. Is there really any need for it? Do any of us outside of the friendships forged away from the board have any real reason to like or dislike anyone whom we only know through a brief encounter or through a cyber community? The answer is no. I am making it a point to be less involved with the message board this coming year and less emotionally attached to the numerous attacks from people who dislike me. It'd be nice to see others take the same steps.

This is your storming off in a huff post?
19th December 2007 04:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

So with all that said, and that is bigger than a mouthful of steak at Mortons...How does the alias thing matter... by your own admission this is a fantasy land, and it's all bullshit. The only irony is you're the first one to bitch and complain too... What it always comes down to, is if people don't act the way you want them too, you get all self righteous. And you hijack threads with this self rightesnous. you did it big time with Zep... BUT!! if you get hijacked you cry like a 4 year old spoiled brat about it. As a friend, which I am, even though we've not met. Drop it, don't try to control the board, that more than naything else is what makes this place lame. The fact we've got so much freedom here, is what makes this place great...

Please read my previous post for an agreement. And yes, the freedom is what makes this place great as it was nice to really get the blood boiling with those who were/are zep fans. Look at the most recent posts though, it is not the alias that bothers me as much as it is the constant flooding of every thread (far worse than I do). We get it, someone doesnt like Joey, most of us have a good idea who it is.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)