ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Stones Ego Return to archive
18th December 2007 01:31 PM
steel driving hammer You know since I love the Stones so much, and knowing they're the best, I tend to live my life here thinking that everyone else are just clueless robots in society.

But knowing that I'm right, it only hurts me in one aspect, that they think I'm better than them, in which I actually do believe I'm better than most people in my city just because I'm so deep into the Stones.

Can a band actually do this to a person?

Bottom line, I have such a big Stones-Chip on my shoulder that it's running my life.

Like Alfie w/ women, it's me w/ the Stones.

It's Lonely at the Top.

18th December 2007 02:22 PM
Steel Wheels The Stones are the best - always have been, always will.
18th December 2007 04:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Bottom line, I have such a big Stones-Chip on my shoulder that it's running my life.

Same old rock n roll...not really meant to be taken too seroiusly. The only thing meant to be taken seriously in life is the next fuck....seriously.

18th December 2007 04:23 PM
pdog The Bears downfall, has hit you harder, than I could've imagined.
18th December 2007 04:34 PM
glencar No, I see what Steelie means here. I felt the same way back in the late 70's/early 80's. The feeling has passed in the last half decade but I know where he's coming from.
18th December 2007 04:47 PM
Nellcote This is a cry, a desparate cry for help.
Every now & then we do get desparate.

I feel this way frequently.

I then decide, I have to put the Stones aside, for they return stronger than ever.

Right now, I am in a J Geils/Peter Wolf mode.
I've busted out my harp, as I may perform this weekend.

Right now, at the Fantasy Fufillment Palace, we are spinning a double-header of Bloodshot & Hotline

So, when you are feeling down & blue, crank out side 1, cut one of this mutha, look for the gitar kick, you are all set....

(Aint Nuthin But A) Houseparty
The Show Stoppers

They're dancin' on the ceilin'
they're dancing' on the floor
People everywhere comin' through the door
They know there's a party goin' on
Do the dancin' romance all night long

I know it's cold outside
C'mon baby, I'll keep you satisfied
All you gotta do is move
Every time you feel that groove
Ain't nothing' but a party
Ain't nothing' but a houseparty

C'mon baby, dig that crazy soul
I know you're gonna lost control
You can do boogaloo
Anything that you want to

I know it's cold outside
All you gotta do is move

I know it's cold outside
All you gotta do is move

I said move it, groove it
Baby, don't you lose it
I said roll it, stroll it
Baby, don't control it
It ain't nothin' but a party
Ain't nothin' but a party
Ain't nothin' but a party
Ain't nothin' but a houseparty

Yeah, tell me 'bout the party
I got to know about the party
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa
Tell me 'bout the party

18th December 2007 04:57 PM
Fiji Joe y'all need to be like gypsy and keeps it real...

18th December 2007 05:02 PM
pdog maybe it's just me, but my self esteem and confidence don't come from something other people do, even it is music I like. call me weird, but I tend to base my ego on actual things I do and have done. All the while keeping in check feelings of grandiousity and self pity.
nore power to you, if listening to JJF makes you walk down the street and feel better than other people, I wish I could do that...
what does happen, is when I listen to JJF, I feel happy.
i got that going for me!
18th December 2007 05:04 PM
glencar I used to speed up by about 10 miles per hour when JJF came on.
18th December 2007 05:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sure. I had a "Stones Ego"....between 65-67 or so I turned all kinds of kids onto Stones records. Those times were different and backwards....especially here in Maine where cool shit tended to arrive last. Anyway the Stones boards killed any remnant of any "Stones Ego" that I might have had leftover.

18th December 2007 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Sure. I had a "Stones Ego"....between 65-67 or so I turned all kinds of kids onto Stones records. Those times were different and backwards....especially here in Maine where cool shit tended to arrive last. Anyway the Stones boards killed any remnant of any "Stones Ego" that I might have had leftover.

I don't think sharing something you like with others, qualifies as ego in this context. You're not better than, you're sharing.
Maybe i'm reading this all wrong...

18th December 2007 05:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Sure. I had a "Stones Ego"....between 65-67 or so I turned all kinds of kids onto Stones records. Those times were different and backwards....especially here in Maine where cool shit tended to arrive last. Anyway the Stones boards killed any remnant of any "Stones Ego" that I might have had leftover.

Have we been that mean to you?
18th December 2007 05:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
I don't think sharing something you like with others, qualifies as ego in this context. You're not better than, you're sharing.
Maybe i'm reading this all wrong...

I never thought I was "better than" them....at least at the time. When some of them later started whoring after lesser bands ...sure. But all bands were lesser bands, so the yardstick is much longer. It took me alot of years to "get" the blues. And I haven't even yet probably.
18th December 2007 05:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have we been that mean to you?

No. That's not the point at all. You've got, lets say 50 posters from all over the world, who are and have been obsessed with the Stones for various periods of time. Some maybe more than others, it's hard to "compete", it's always easier to be a large frog in a small pond than a small frog in a large pond.

I'd rather be a sudent than a professor any day of the week.
18th December 2007 06:10 PM
Joey
quote:

**** The following excerpt is taken from Steve Cuozzo's [ Editor - In - Chief of " Posting World Magazine " ] recent interview with Internet Legend ' The Joey ' . *****

Grasshopper : Q " I am curious , when was your very first Rolling Stones concert ? "

Joey : A " Cyclone Stadium ; Ames , IA ; October , 1989 --- I remember it very well
as the weather was unusually balmy for early October and the forecast of rain never
materialized --- absolutely perfect really "

Grasshopper : Q " …and the show itself ? "

Joey : A " What Can I say ..... Friggin Spectacular ( laughs ) …" Probably the BEST STONES YET !!! -- then again , I seem to always say that up until my next
Stones gig ... ( Joey laughs some more , belches , passes gas whilst ' fingering ' his crotch and leaves the living area to get a drink from the refrigerator [ Heineken ] "

Coming Soon : " Omaha Grasshopper "

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]
18th December 2007 08:38 PM
TampabayStone Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
18th December 2007 08:42 PM
pdog
quote:

I never thought I was "better than" them....at least at the time. When some of them later started whoring after lesser bands ...sure. But all bands were lesser bands, so the yardstick is much longer. It took me alot of years to "get" the blues. And I haven't even yet probably.

This wasn't about you personally, I was talking in the context of ego, like SDH stated... saying he felt better than (paraphrasing). I'd say your ego is a bit on the low esteem side today (joke)..God I love typing, in a way, that i explain the context of the sentence (sarcasm).
18th December 2007 08:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

**** The following excerpt is taken from Steve Cuozzo's [ Editor - In - Chief of " Posting World Magazine " ] recent interview with Internet Legend ' The Joey ' . *****

Grasshopper : Q " I am curious , when was your very first Rolling Stones concert ? "

Joey : A " Cyclone Stadium ; Ames , IA ; October , 1989 --- I remember it very well
as the weather was unusually balmy for early October and the forecast of rain never
materialized --- absolutely perfect really "

Grasshopper : Q " …and the show itself ? "

Joey : A " What Can I say ..... Friggin Spectacular ( laughs ) …" Probably the BEST STONES YET !!! -- then again , I seem to always say that up until my next
Stones gig ... ( Joey laughs some more , belches , passes gas whilst ' fingering ' his crotch and leaves the living area to get a drink from the refrigerator [ Heineken ] "

Coming Soon : " Omaha Grasshopper "

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]

I'm pretty sure i remember when Maxy wrote that.. Damn, do you keep a word doc of his stuff to just alter to look like you wrote it...

18th December 2007 09:28 PM
TampabayStone Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
19th December 2007 08:13 AM
no night together I got steelie's point through I live it in a different way. Yes, a band can do that to you. believe or not I couldn't practice sport without stones fuel. take me for lunatic, I never told anyone, I got more phisycal push from them than from coaches or sport heroes. goes to show how much a band can do to you and for you.
19th December 2007 11:13 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Stones fans don't really need big stones egos. The Band has enough ego for us all.
19th December 2007 11:39 AM
tumbled I find that when I am drunk my ego takes over. also when I have stones on in the car. Good judgment flies out the window.
19th December 2007 12:40 PM
andrews27 No offense, but the Stones are just clueless robots in society. But it's a higher society.

They got bitch-slapped by Truman Capote, but ended up making Martin ("Where is my next picture idea coming from?") Scorsese more clueless and robotic in his pre-senility of second-hand projects (The Departed, No Direction Home). Then again, it was Mick who complained in the mid-seventies that his songwriting had dried up - hence the eventual release of Tattoo You, and a 1981 tour that recycled punk and new wave for the stadiums.

How clueless is it for Keith to go about saying that a major auto company tour sponsor once hooked him up all season to protect their investment? A real ad for self-reliance, that.
[Edited by andrews27]
19th December 2007 04:32 PM
glencar Bitch-slapped by Truman? Say it ain't so, Joe!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)