ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is MP Jagger an Emo? Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th December 2007 10:51 PM
The jinn, my friend. Discuss...

15th December 2007 11:24 PM
LoveinVainRonnie A face only Amy Winehouse could love.
[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
16th December 2007 09:55 AM
glencar Wide open...
16th December 2007 10:07 AM
fireontheplatter that is a drawing of him back in the 70's with the origional coke before they changed the recipe and then people hated it and then they changed it back.

its well done, but his eyes and face are a tad dark. i think.
16th December 2007 10:16 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle Qué?
16th December 2007 12:06 PM
Bloozehound I dunno, I suppose I see some kinda resemblance, you definitely ask questions the world is afraid to ask

16th December 2007 02:51 PM
pdog Do you know what emo is or its origins, it begin in the 80's as straightedge (no drugs, booze ect...) so smoking is out. The music was also hardcore, which The Stones never played.
What it became, this emo thing is just worse. I made fun of straightedge kids, b/c most of them were full of shit. It was peer pressure in reverse. If you're 16 and fighting the urge to fuck... something is wrong IMO. Nowadays these retards in girls pants and wearing make up, are not maing a statement, are not venting angst, and are not unique. Hipsters are even worse... The good thing is, these scenes are for posers and trendies. They don't have any substance, like the predescors they are imitating.
16th December 2007 10:09 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
pdog wrote:
Do you know what emo is or its origins, it begin in the 80's as straightedge (no drugs, booze ect...) so smoking is out. The music was also hardcore, which The Stones never played.
What it became, this emo thing is just worse. I made fun of straightedge kids, b/c most of them were full of shit. It was peer pressure in reverse. If you're 16 and fighting the urge to fuck... something is wrong IMO. Nowadays these retards in girls pants and wearing make up, are not making a statement, are not venting angst, and are not unique. Hipsters are even worse... The good thing is, these scenes are for posers and trendies. They don't have any substance, like the predecessors they are imitating.

I did not mean to offend your music memories.

Words change especially developing words in the English language.
Emo means what it means today. Kinda like gay has a different meaning. Or the way blaze has come to mean weed.

I do not remember Emo in the 80's, but that really means nothing coming from me.
As for children having strong ethics, some do. The same as adults. Often the youthful period of life is when a person is zealot. Do not underestimate all children. They do not have the same callous as an adult.

The question is about Jagger as an artist,not the Stones.

Emo's was a general word, a simple word to describe exactly what you said "posers and trendies". Jagger no longer needs to make art to pull a budget. So he is not under the same constraint as so many other artist.
Is this that he produces now (when it is actually his) his mores'? And the mores in which he leads his family?

16th December 2007 10:10 PM
The jinn, my friend. If he leads his family at all.
16th December 2007 10:15 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
that is a drawing of him back in the 70's with the origional coke before they changed the recipe and then people hated it and then they changed it back.

its well done, but his eyes and face are a tad dark. i think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
16th December 2007 10:19 PM
The jinn, my friend. And Where are his protégé's if his is such a grand master of Artistic Endeavors? Maybe his Construction company is more suited for protégés.
16th December 2007 10:26 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
And Where are his protégé's if his is such a grand master of Artistic Endeavors? Maybe his Construction company is more suited for protégés.

I have know idea what that means, but it sounds smart. I am a kid from the 80's. I never heard of Emo until P-dog mentioned it a while back. I smoke and will bang anything that moves. I like the picture.

17th December 2007 03:26 AM
Altamont
17th December 2007 05:36 AM
pdog Hahaha, good job altamont. Too bad they didn't answer my one queston. WTF is the deal with white belts, stupid dumb ass, white fuckin belts!
17th December 2007 05:49 AM
Altamont
quote:
pdog wrote:
Hahaha, good job altamont. Too bad they didn't answer my one queston. WTF is the deal with white belts, stupid dumb ass, white fuckin belts!

no idea . kids these days.. ornaments? who knows. Just hope it passes.
17th December 2007 06:15 AM
Jumacfly EMO suck...they just need a big cock in their ambivalent ass.period.
17th December 2007 07:49 AM
Blowey BEST EAGLES YET!!!!!
17th December 2007 05:53 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I have know idea what that means, but it sounds smart. I am a kid from the 80's. I never heard of Emo until P-dog mentioned it a while back. I smoke and will bang anything that moves. I like the picture.

Thank you. However, if you did not understand, I need to do a better job writing. I tend to use 1800's words when having cheese with wine.
I did not remember Emo from the 80's either.
Sex is a wonderful thing. I do keep it confined to vows. I do not want to sex a person that would fuck me over. Saying vows does not guarantee anything, but it does weed out a lot of fickle people. The picture is erotic.

What I was saying....

For Jags to be an artist brand. He has nothing but himself to show. His endorsement is not even embraced by his own son. Property developer seems to be his actual talent.

17th December 2007 06:06 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Blowey wrote:
BEST EAGLES YET!!!!!

Blowey embraced!
OMG!

[Edited by The jinn,]
[Edited by my friend.]
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
17th December 2007 06:29 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

4 Tanks 2 u!
[Edited by The jinn,]
[Edited by my friend.]
17th December 2007 07:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

4 Tanks 2 u!
[Edited by The jinn,]
[Edited by my friend.]

Jinn, your posts are above my head, but they do kind of turn me on. This one looks like a Prince song. I hope you're giving me a kiss!
17th December 2007 07:21 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

Thank you. However, if you did not understand, I need to do a better job writing. I tend to use 1800's words when having cheese with wine.
I did not remember Emo from the 80's either.
Sex is a wonderful thing. I do keep it confined to vows. I do not want to sex a person that would fuck me over. Saying vows does not guarantee anything, but it does weed out a lot of fickle people. The picture is erotic.

What I was saying....

For Jags to be an artist brand. He has nothing but himself to show. His endorsement is not even embraced by his own son. Property developer seems to be his actual talent.

Wow, this one is a keeper. I'm almost at a loss for words. What do you mean by "vows"? Are you religious? Do you have to be married to have sex or are we talking commitment? Still not sure I understand the MJ stuff.
17th December 2007 08:48 PM
stonedinaustralia back in the 70's with the origional coke before they changed the recipe and then people hated it and then they changed it back.

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
17th December 2007 08:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG I don't know if I should laugh ...

or shake my head cause this thread is way way way WAY over my head?
17th December 2007 09:11 PM
pdog This jinn person is completely whacked!
17th December 2007 09:25 PM
Fiji Joe Is Mick Jagger Elmo?...Sure looks like his moves

17th December 2007 09:26 PM
Fiji Joe Tickle me Emo

17th December 2007 09:42 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks Feej..now I get it..

Elmo has a sick cousin, Emo.

18th December 2007 12:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot Emo wasn't called Emo back in the 80's...it was called Straight Edge, that's why you don't remember Emo in the 80's. It was Hardcore Punk that extolled the virtues of keeping yourself free of vice so that your mind's eye can see clearer. Good theory, but mostly it was bullshit. All the Straight Edge guys I knew still had sex. Sometimes with each other. That scene has, over the decades, morphed into what is now called "Emo". As far as I can tell...Emo kids have no time for anything Straight Edge.

Emo has recently started to fracture into factions too. So who knows what this thing will end up morphing into....let's just hope it's not something so crappy as current Emo.
18th December 2007 09:16 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Jinn, your posts are above my head, but they do kind of turn me on. This one looks like a Prince song. I hope you're giving me a kiss!

It's Ok.

my kiss got any bigger 4 u.
And banned in promised land.

loquacious salacious

Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)