ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!
Background image by Irina!
Happy New Year! - Bonne et Heureuse Année!
Glückliches Neues Jahr! - Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar
Nuovo Anno Felice! - ¡ Feliz Año Nuevo cabrones !
Чистяков - Ano Novo Feliz!
Hyvää Uutta Vuotta - Srecna Nova Godina !
Gott Nytt År! - gelukkige nuwejaar - Gëzuar vitin e ri
ein gutes neues Jahr - e glëckliches nëies
aam said - shnorhavor nor tari
yeni iliniz mubarek - urteberrion
subho nababarsho - asgwas amegas
hnit thit ku mingalar pa - bloavez mad
честита нова година - kung hé fat tsoi
feliç any nou - xin nièn kuai le
seh heh bok mani bat uh seyo - godt nytår
sretna nova godina - felicxan novan jaron
head uut aastat - onnellista uutta vuotta
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - bliadhna mhath ur
ath bhliain faoi mhaise - feliz aninovo
blwyddyn newydd dda - kali chronia
rogüerohory año nuévo-re - shana tova
nav varsh ki subhkamna - boldog új évet
selamat tahun baru - farsælt komandi ár
felice anno nuovo - akemashite omedetô
asseguèsse-ameguèsse - hosa varshada shubhaa shayagalu
sur sdei chhnam thmei - umwaka mwiza
sala we ya nû pîroz be - sabai di pi mai
laimīgo Jauno gadu - laimingų Naujųjų Metų
e gudd neit Joër - srekna nova godina
selamat tahun baru - arahaba tratry ny taona
kia hari te tau hou - shine jiliin bayariin mend hurgeye
(Шинэ жилийн баярын мэнд хvргэе - wênd na kô-d yuum-songo
gelukkig Nieuwjaar - godt nytt år
naya saal mubarik - sâle no mobârak
szczęśliwego nowego roku - un an nou fericit
С Новым Годом - ia manuia le tausaga fou
bonu annu nou - srecna nova godina
goredzwa rakanaka - stastlivy novy rok
srečno novo leto - dobir leto
gott nytt år - a guets Neuis
mwaka mzuri - manigong bagong taon
ia ora te matahiti api - iniya puthandu nalVazhthukkal
šťastný nový rok - nuthana samvathsara subhakankshalu
สวัสดีปีใหม่ - tashi délek
yeni yiliniz kutlu olsun - Z novym rokom
Chúc Mừng Nǎm Mới - bone annéye
新年好 - 明けましておめでとう - 행복한 새로운 년

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Football/Cleveland Browns Appreciation Thread pt 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
29th October 2007 01:23 PM
sirmoonie We can't let this become the new NFL football thread. Its a disservice to the game.
29th October 2007 01:55 PM
Some Guy Dude, its an Appreation thread.
29th October 2007 01:56 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We can't let this become the new NFL football thread. Its a disservice to the game.

Agreed, both this thread and Bill Belichick's Patriots. Jim Browns OG malt liquor is classy though.
29th October 2007 02:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We can't let this become the new NFL football thread. Its a disservice to the game.

The Jints & Phins showed England how NFL football is played...

in the 1940s
29th October 2007 08:14 PM
robpop From KKFL,

Ed Werder and Matt Mosley, of ESPN.com, report the Dallas Cowboys will sign QB Tony Romo to a six-year contract extension worth $67.5 million with $30 million in guaranteed money, according to sources. An announcement is expected to made Tuesday, Oct. 30.

For a guy who was a backup a little over a year ago. The Rooneys take notice. If Romo gets this whats Ben going to get?
30th October 2007 01:18 PM
gimmekeef Ben's gonna get Faneca's,Haggans,Townshends,Starks,Kreiders money when they get cut next year
30th October 2007 01:28 PM
sirmoonie '76 Steelers (the game 6 to game 14 team) vs. '07 Pats?

Remember, Steelers didn't have high tech video cams back then.

Discuss.
30th October 2007 02:02 PM
WinslowStud I'll take the Pats.

Steelers are ghey!

http://www.novogate.com/board/3001/239764-1.html

woof woof!
30th October 2007 02:38 PM
robpop
quote:
WinslowStud wrote:
I'll take the Pats.

Steelers are ghey!

http://www.novogate.com/board/3001/239764-1.html

woof woof!

Do you like chicken?
30th October 2007 04:17 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
'76 Steelers (the game 6 to game 14 team) vs. '07 Pats?

Remember, Steelers didn't have high tech video cams back then.

Discuss.

HA HA! I went over to watch the game with my dad on Sunday, after the game we went out to eat. On the way, the post game talk show was on the radio. The same question was asked by some yinzer. After a discussion it was determined that God, Jesus, Satan, Hitler's armies, Napoleon's armies, Attila the Hun, Stalin, the Greeks, The Romans, Bono, George the animal Steele, Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Spiderman, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Aliens, Godzilla, Rodan, The Red Barron, A huge astroid crashing into Earth, giant squid, mrsa, Alan Greenspan, John Wayne, Winslowstud, Blackwater mercenaries, Allah, Moses, China, the United States Marine Corp, and anybody, anything else all combinded, could not beat the '76 Steelers.
30th October 2007 04:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

HA HA! I went over to watch the game with my dad on Sunday, after the game we went out to eat. On the way, the post game talk show was on the radio. The same question was asked by some yinzer. After a discussion it was determined that God, Jesus, Satan, Hitler's armies, Napoleon's armies, Attila the Hun, Stalin, the Greeks, The Romans, Bono, George the animal Steele, Superman, Batman, Robin, Aquaman, Spiderman, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Aliens, Godzilla, Rodan, The Red Barron, A huge astroid crashing into Earth, giant squid, mrsa, Alan Greenspan, John Wayne, Winslowstud, Blackwater mercenaries, Allah, Moses, China, the United States Marine Corp, and anybody, anything else all combinded, could not beat the '76 Steelers.

And yet somehow the Raiders did 24-7 in Championship game?
30th October 2007 04:32 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

That was discussed also. Winslowstud's avatar may answer that.
30th October 2007 05:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Harris and Bleier (first (only?) duo ever w/ both over 1000) injured in crushing win over Colts the week before. As great as he was, Noll wasn't adaptable at times - Bradshaw coming off injury, pre-bump zone rules, Noll couldn't gear up Okland game for a O-pass. Hence, greatest team that ever played ANY sport goes down in conference playoff.

Aye, sticks in ones craw, it does.
30th October 2007 07:38 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Harris and Bleier (first (only?) duo ever w/ both over 1000).

Csonka and Mercury Morris were the first in '72.
Both had 1G for the 14-0 Dolphins.

Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner did it in the 80's with the Kosar Browns.

Warrick Dunn and Con-Vick did it last year with the Falcons.
30th October 2007 07:45 PM
robpop Good read about October 10, 1976. Even thought it is a Brown website.

http://www.brownstng.com/browns/history/articles/19990904_keim_jones.asp

Turkey Jones only fined $3,000 for action after the whistle. The money was returned to him. WHat would have happened today?

Wait a minute, Bradshaw's wife was JoJo STARBUCK?

[Edited by robpop]
30th October 2007 08:07 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Csonka and Mercury Morris were the first in '72.
Both had 1G for the 14-0 Dolphins.

Ahem.....I said OVER 1,000 yards. Mercury got an even 1,000.

But anyway, thanks. I was ignirin't that those two achieved that feat, although it makes sense given how good the Dolphins were that year and that Griese never passed the ball anyway. Kiick also had 521 yards, which adds to the amazingism of it.

One of my favorite sports books ever - "Always On The Run" by Csonka and Kiick. Any of y'all yinz remember that one?
30th October 2007 08:20 PM
robpop One more about the Steelers Browns game. The top 10 ever. I remember number 1. It was the first game I ever went to. My dad had an extra ticket. It is still the most incredible thing I ever witnessed. http://www.pittsburghsteelers.co.uk/steelers/browns/page3.htm
[Edited by robpop]
30th October 2007 09:15 PM
Scottfree
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Ahem.....I said OVER 1,000 yards. Mercury got an even 1,000.

But anyway, thanks. I was ignirin't that those two achieved that feat, although it makes sense given how good the Dolphins were that year and that Griese never passed the ball anyway. Kiick also had 521 yards, which adds to the amazingism of it.

One of my favorite sports books ever - "Always On The Run" by Csonka and Kiick. Any of y'all yinz remember that one?

Mack & Byner did it in 85.....
30th October 2007 09:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Mack & Byner did it in 85.....

Agreed, I've since learned.

Csonka/Morris and Harris/Bleier did it in 14 games, Mack/Byner and Dunn/Vick did it in 16.

All of which makes Simpson's 2000 in 14 games phenomenal.
30th October 2007 09:37 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

the rams and dolphins are doing a disservice to the game........
1st November 2007 01:20 PM
sirmoonie Cowher is using the media to communicate with the Steelers. Brady is going to be iced.
1st November 2007 02:06 PM
robpop Monday night football in Pittsburgh. The Goodyear blimp. Fuck, Have we ever lost a game while the Goodyear Blimp was hovering above.
[Edited by robpop]
1st November 2007 02:08 PM
Some Guy I'm going Colts.
1st November 2007 02:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Con-Vick

well above the rim.
1st November 2007 02:22 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Agreed, I've since learned.

Csonka/Morris and Harris/Bleier did it in 14 games, Mack/Byner and Dunn/Vick did it in 16.

All of which makes Simpson's 2000 in 14 games phenomenal.

My buddy had an uncle in Buffalo...Bills pro player director.We had seats on the 35.. 10 rows up and were at all 7 home games that year...OJ's an idiot and murderer but the boy could flat out run....I missed an 87 yard rip cause it was my turn to get the Jumbo Gennies....man that beer was shit
1st November 2007 03:35 PM
Nellcote Colts are an explosive team.
They are coached well, are terrific in all three facets of the game. They are the defending champions. Dallas Clark is a great player, capable of at least five receptions.
Pats will have their hands full this week. Vrabel was hurt last week,, as was Assante Samuel, so we could be handicapped, however, a full week of Richard Seymour in practice is a good thing.

On this whole business of running up the score, until one team takes out their 1st string players, these are professionals, being paid a lot of money to play at the highest level possible, you play your regulars. Think about it, the Pats are doomed. They are scoring at an all time record. If the margin of points is too great, they are running up the score. If they kick a field goal, they are running up the score. What is being witnessed here, is the making of the highest scoring point team in NFL history.

Frankly, I look for the Stillers game as more drama for the Pats than the Indy game. Stillers at the Razor 12/09/07, now that's red meat.
1st November 2007 09:50 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Colts are an explosive team.
They are coached well, are terrific in all three facets of the game. They are the defending champions. Dallas Clark is a great player, capable of at least five receptions.
Pats will have their hands full this week. Vrabel was hurt last week,, as was Assante Samuel, so we could be handicapped, however, a full week of Richard Seymour in practice is a good thing.

On this whole business of running up the score, until one team takes out their 1st string players, these are professionals, being paid a lot of money to play at the highest level possible, you play your regulars. Think about it, the Pats are doomed. They are scoring at an all time record. If the margin of points is too great, they are running up the score. If they kick a field goal, they are running up the score. What is being witnessed here, is the making of the highest scoring point team in NFL history.

Frankly, I look for the Stillers game as more drama for the Pats than the Indy game. Stillers at the Razor 12/09/07, now that's red meat.

Nelly, the only sure football bet this year is Pats in at least AFC Championship.Steelers must prove they can handle Ravens Mon night first which is a test.Yes Pats are being hated for being great just like 72 Dolphins were.But ya gotta admit Bellichek makes it easy.Steelers dont have the corners to make it a game with Pats or the Colts for that matter.Watch out though for the Chargers..they're startin to smoke...
2nd November 2007 08:07 AM
sirmoonie NBA Basketball!

HAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

All the fat, athsmatic white geeks can sit down, assuming they weren't already.

The Men of RO will now stand at attention and sing:

I woke up one morning,
I looked up on the wall,
I saw a gang of roaches,
Playing basketball,
The score was six to nothing,
I rooted for them all,
Rooted for that gang of roaches,
Playing basketball,
Lord, looky at all dem roaches......
2nd November 2007 11:06 AM
bilsim Cleveland Browns! Love 'em, or more so, love Randy Lerner.
2nd November 2007 02:58 PM
Bad Bad Leroy Brown
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)