ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

With the legendary Bill Graham aka Wolfgang Grajonca (check his Vaults before it's too late!)
Live Aid Benefit Concert - Philadelphia, PA July 13, 1985
© Unknown Author (Thanks anyway)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Paging THROWAWAY! (Heavy AYBHC) Return to archive
21st December 2006 10:25 AM
Saint Sway Hey brother, thought you'd dig this....

JoB Cain jamming out on "In My Time Of Dying"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuK1RBXAkOU
21st December 2006 11:40 AM
Throwaway Thanks man! Really cool performance..Audley's playin in that band was great and Alvin was as Alvin always is.
[Edited by Throwaway]
21st December 2006 11:45 AM
Saint Sway no doubt!

such a talented band - Audley Freed, Robert Kearns & Alvin. Thats pretty heavy dope right there

wish their schedules allowed them to do more gigs

they do a killer version of "Sway"
21st December 2006 12:07 PM
Throwaway wow I'd love to see them play Sway! I saw AYH an his 3 piece band (w/ Hook Herrera on bass and harp) and they played Sway, Back to Memphis (Chuck Berry), and Hip Shake among others that any Stones fan would dig.
21st December 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I saw AYH an his 3 piece band (w/ Hook Herrera on bass and harp) and they played Sway, Back to Memphis (Chuck Berry), and Hip Shake among others that any Stones fan would dig.

no doubt!

Alvin should of been opening some gigs on the tour. Not pop bands like The Trews and Maroon 5.

There was once a time when the Stones brought out roots based blues/rock bands that they liked as the support acts.

oh well...
21st December 2006 01:26 PM
Throwaway Sad but true. Very hard to find a mid to big name act who cares enough about its fans to give it an enjoyable opening band.
21st December 2006 01:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Sad but true. Very hard to find a mid to big name act who cares enough about its fans to give it an enjoyable opening band.

not true

did you see the bands that Dylan toured with?? Pretty good stuff. I'd love to see Kings Of Leon or Raconteurs opening for the Stones

and even "The Worlds Most Rock & Roll, Rock & Roll Band": The Black Crowes had not 1 but 2 cool opening acts. Robert Randolph as the opening act and the Drive-By Truckers as the initial warm-up band. Not bad.
21st December 2006 09:02 PM
Throwaway good points. after hearing everything about DBT, i regret getting to the Crowes concert late this past summer and missing em. If the Stones could only at least get artists of their own genre (none of this "Fray" or "Kanye West" crap), I think everyone would be happy(er).
21st December 2006 10:45 PM
Taptrick

Was Audley in Cry of Love?

21st December 2006 10:48 PM
Taptrick
By the eay I saw this posted about some movie called Zacharia:

"Idiotic quasi-hippie western about two young gun-slinging pals (John Rubenstein and Don Johnson) who, of course, end up facing each other in the obligatory climactic fateful shootout scene. Better yet, Country Joe & the Fish appear as bumbling bandits, the James Gang appears for no apparent reason, and the great Elvin Jones is ace gunfighter JOB CAIN, who cooly blows away the hot-headed upstart then sits down and plays a drum solo.

Is that where the name comes from?

21st December 2006 11:08 PM
Throwaway Not sure about the name, but yea Audley was in that band..hear a bit of 70s rock in their sound.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_8EGTu4Bh0

PLays with the Dixie Chicks these days.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)