ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

With the legendary Bill Graham aka Wolfgang Grajonca (check his Vaults before it's too late!)
Live Aid Benefit Concert - Philadelphia, PA July 13, 1985
© Unknown Author (Thanks anyway)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith in Pirates Pic Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th December 2006 04:39 PM
ListenToTheLion Keith looks afwul.
20th December 2006 04:41 PM
Carol Sigmaringa I was expecting something different for Keef. I agree with someone who said he looks exactly like Johnny Depp. His character could be more Keith and less Jack Sparrow.

They could have been more creative, but I looooved Keith dressed as his ancestors.

And Johnny...he always looks great!
[Edited by Carol Sigmaringa]
20th December 2006 04:51 PM
72Tele From a guy who has been "hooked" on Keith since I asked my friend, "how did Mick Jagger change his voice on that last song and why doesn't he always sing like that?" while hearing the new record Some Girls for the first time, I have to wonder why Keith would do this movie. Am I the only one who thinks Keith may have jumped the shark here?
20th December 2006 05:15 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wardrobe!!...calling wardrobe!!!....Keith with frilly shirtsleeves?......gimme a break!

Oh no, it's the "puffy shirt"...LOL!
Guess that's Hollywood's idea of a "pirate"...arr, arr, arr...

20th December 2006 05:44 PM
LastChild
quote:
72Tele wrote:
From a guy who has been "hooked" on Keith since I asked my friend, "how did Mick Jagger change his voice on that last song and why doesn't he always sing like that?" while hearing the new record Some Girls for the first time, I have to wonder why Keith would do this movie. Am I the only one who thinks Keith may have jumped the shark here?

i think i may have read an article awhile back that said it was johnnys idea to try and get keith on the set.
20th December 2006 07:32 PM
BabiKeef Thats a little creepy
20th December 2006 07:39 PM
fireontheplatter that i quite the picture of keith richards there. they really made him up...perhaps a bit overdone.

i have not seen any of the pirates movies yet.

everybody say ow
20th December 2006 07:52 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Its not cancelled, they changed the name of it to Knights of Prosperity and it airs January 3rd, up against American Idol so it may not get alot of viewers.

Read a blurb in the NY Daily News the other day.
MJ makes a cameo appearance in the first episode, but isn't in any of the other 12 already shot.
But the producer did say there's a possibility he could be edited into the other episodes later.

And you're right about it being cannon fodder for AI.
Might not see all the episodes until the inevitable DVD release.
[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
20th December 2006 07:54 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
that i quite the picture of keith richards there. they really made him up...perhaps a bit overdone.

i have not seen any of the pirates movies yet.

everybody say ow

You havent missed much....btw best ass avatar I've seen since...never mind.....
20th December 2006 08:03 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who's the midget?

Marty Klebba aka Marty The Midget from the Howard Stern Show.
He was in the first two Pirates movies.
20th December 2006 08:29 PM
Soldatti Not very impressive, I've seen a previous pic very similar a few years ago.
20th December 2006 10:37 PM
texile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they really didnt need to add all that makeup to Keith.

He already comes ready made and looking like and old decrepit pirate

they should of left him as is...

the scene where he swings from the mast of one ship and swoops down on the other ship while slicing Blue Beard's throat and swooping up the girl will be awesome! Cant wait!

that's what i was thinking...
keith is a white silk shirt is enough.
21st December 2006 12:42 AM
Bloozehound dude Keefs sportin a big ol' schnazzer

sup with dat
21st December 2006 02:53 AM
FotiniD Stop nagging! Tell me you took one look at that pic and didn't start laughing This is so great, I'm gonna be biting my nails in agony until it comes on the big screen...

I TOTALLY missed Johnny Depp of this picture until you guys pointed out, and that means a lot, lol

Yeah, he could have done without the horrendous make up and all, Holywood shit... But hey, what part of this picture doesn't ooze FUN?

Thanks so much for sharing this, it feels like I've been waiting for ages for this to show up!

Can't wait
21st December 2006 03:54 AM
corgi37 Looks like he's right at home in that garb.
21st December 2006 03:59 AM
FotiniD Header material baby!
21st December 2006 09:23 AM
Bitch

This promo pic leaked out and of course I took the opportunity to steal it.
21st December 2006 10:35 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bitch wrote:
This promo pic leaked out and of course I took the opportunity to steal it.

thats a fake pic, Bitch. Not a promo. Still cool as shit though.

its definately photoshop work. Look closely, its an old pic of a younger Keith with Johnny's pirate gear photoshopped on him.
The original photo was taken in the early-mid 80's

this is what our hero looks like now... he's sportin a few more wrinkles these days...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st December 2006 11:21 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

thats a fake pic, Bitch. Not a promo. Still cool as shit though.

its definately photoshop work. Look closely, its an old pic of a younger Keith with Johnny's pirate gear photoshopped on him.
The original photo was taken in the early-mid 80's

this is what our hero looks like now... he's sportin a few more wrinkles these days...

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Is the header pic fake too?
21st December 2006 11:28 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Is the header pic fake too?

Yes. You can tell its clearly not a real photo of Ron Wood because he is not waving.

A simple rule to follow: if its a pic of Woody waving then you know its real. If he's not waving, then its a fake.
21st December 2006 11:32 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Yes. You can tell its clearly not a real photo of Ron Wood because he is not waving.

A simple rule to follow: if its a pic of Woody waving then you know its real. If he's not waving, then its a fake.

What about the Keith pirate pic (not the 80s-ish photoshop job but the one w/Johnnie)?
21st December 2006 11:48 AM
LastChild
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

haha thats great!
21st December 2006 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

What about the Keith pirate pic (not the 80s-ish photoshop job but the one w/Johnnie)?

oh yes that one is real.

well, the part of Depp & Keith is real... But I'm pretty sure SirStonesalot photoshopped a pic of his son in the middle of them.

yes?... No?... maybe?...

21st December 2006 06:24 PM
Bitch
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh yes that one is real.

well, the part of Depp & Keith is real... But I'm pretty sure SirStonesalot photoshopped a pic of his son in the middle of them.

yes?... No?... maybe?...

THIS is the leaked pic, and its all over the net on the RS sites already.
21st December 2006 06:29 PM
Saint Sway yes, but do we have confirmation yet that thats "SS Jr" in the middle?
21st December 2006 08:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Keith looks afwul.

Good lord, people, it's a still photo taken completely out of the context of the action of the movie! If you saw a stage actor backstage, they'd look ridiculous too. I'm not saying Keith won't look ridiculous in "Pirates," but let's keep the powder dry until the friggin thing comes out, me hearties!
21st December 2006 09:07 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

[Edited by LadyJane]

Keith looks like one of the many street bums I used to hang with.
21st December 2006 09:08 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh yes that one is real.

yes?... No?... maybe?...

Dead on.
21st December 2006 09:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Oh no, it's the "puffy shirt"...LOL!
Guess that's Hollywood's idea of a "pirate"...arr, arr, arr...

circa hot rocks picture cover
21st December 2006 11:44 PM
Olivia1962 Thanks for posting! the 3rd one is a ways away
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)