ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

With the legendary Bill Graham aka Wolfgang Grajonca (check his Vaults before it's too late!)
Live Aid Benefit Concert - Philadelphia, PA July 13, 1985
© Unknown Author (Thanks anyway)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Modern Times named the best album of 2006 by Rolling Stone Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th December 2006 01:44 PM
F505 For the next 40 albums:

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/uncut/news/9182
18th December 2006 01:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Good choice in a usually bad year.Remember when classic albums came out ...5 or 6 a year?..And you'd play em many times a week for months?....How many of you have played the new Dylan more than 5 times?.....Thought so.......The times they have a changed......

I've played it twice today for starters

Next!
18th December 2006 03:13 PM
glencar Scritti Politti is still around?
18th December 2006 05:12 PM
Soldatti I played MT 3 or 4 times last week.
18th December 2006 05:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Scritti Politti is still around?

yeah..first album in about seven or eight years apparently
18th December 2006 09:24 PM
glencar They had one minor hit here in 1986 or so.
19th December 2006 05:40 AM
Gazza they were never really a big chart act here either - more of a cult/critic's favourite
19th December 2006 07:20 AM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:
Scritti Politti is still around?

People ask me the same question about the Stones when I tell them I still like those bastards.
19th December 2006 07:22 AM
glencar LOL yes, I get asked the same question!
19th December 2006 07:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

People ask me the same question about the Stones when I tell them I still like those bastards.

LOL. Same here.

Lost count of how many times I've been 'introduced' to people down the years on the guarantee that 'you'd like him - he's a big Stones fan', and then it turns out that they saw them when they played Ireland in 1982 (and when they recall the show, they never get the date right) - and when you mention that you went to see them this year, the reply is along the lines of 'Oh they're on tour' or even 'They're still going' ?

Blind 'dates' are always a bit of a letdown

19th December 2006 07:32 AM
glencar And the worst part is when they talk about howe they missed on eof the warhorses at whatever concert they saw 20+ years ago.
19th December 2006 06:53 PM
Martha
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Good choice in a usually bad year.Remember when classic albums came out ...5 or 6 a year?..And you'd play em many times a week for months?....How many of you have played the new Dylan more than 5 times?.....Thought so.......The times they have a changed......

I play it all the time. I've lost count.
19th December 2006 06:55 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jesus, none taken whatsoever. Its a toss-up for me, with my opinion admittedly slightly prejudiced by seeing 4 Bruce shows in 5 days last month.

had you asked me about 5 weeks ago...my answer might have been different
[Edited by Gazza]

I think you'll have a (momentarily perhaps) different answer come springtime. ;-)

19th December 2006 06:57 PM
Martha
quote:
F505 wrote:

I have played the new Dylan at least 25 times and it is getting better every time.

I love you!!!
19th December 2006 06:58 PM
WattsAtScotts The New York Dolls new album
20th December 2006 10:01 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:

I play it all the time. I've lost count.

Well sounds like many here are playing it quite a bit...Maybe I need to give it another spin myself....Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!!!
20th December 2006 11:29 AM
glencar It might even make a good Christmas gift like ABB did last year.
20th December 2006 02:41 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
It might even make a good Christmas gift like ABB did last year.

Indeed!!!!! I bought 15 copies to send family friends and people I care about. I am in a music club! ;-)

Happy Holidays from the blizzard hitting Denver!!!!

snowed-in and happy,
Martha
20th December 2006 05:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
And the worst part is when they talk about howe they missed one of the warhorses at whatever concert they saw 20+ years ago.

Some of them do it right away. I was talking to one of our ex-World Cup'82 heroes in the bar after the Dublin show in 2003 and was initially impressed at the fact that he was obviously a big Stones fan - only to be let down moments later when he confided that "It was very good, but I thought they would have done the whole '40 Licks' album..."

WTF
21st December 2006 04:16 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Some of them do it right away. I was talking to one of our ex-World Cup'82 heroes in the bar after the Dublin show in 2003 and was initially impressed at the fact that he was obviously a big Stones fan - only to be let down moments later when he confided that "It was very good, but I thought they would have done the whole '40 Licks' album..."

WTF

Poor old Liam Brady
22nd December 2006 08:17 AM
Nellcote I have found Dylan again, thanks to this board, Mrs. Mellenhead most specifically. Dug him in the 60's/70's, with Hurricane as my pinniacle back in the day. Went away for many years, however, pleasantly surprised as of late.
Modern Times is a good lp, for the trilogy of his recent, probably 3rd. Seeing him this summa, it's good he's still with us, as he is important to music now more than ever.

As Gazza said earlier, though, my pick for the year still is The Seeger Sessions. After attending the rehearsal show & Good Morning America taping in Asbury Park in May of this year, getting a major league dose of The Boss up close and personal, this lp sticks with you like glue. A project like no other.
22nd December 2006 09:27 AM
PartyDoll MEG Nelly...You so right!! And of course, Gazza is always right. I love Bob, and Modern Times and I was lucky enough to see him twice this last year. No one doubts his genius.

But nothing (except maybe the Stones) compares to Bruce in all his glory. I liked Seeger Sessions well enough, prior to seeing him perform it. But ahhh... the Bruce experience live is unforgettable. I will play this album until my hearing is gone and then maybe sing it to everyone in the old folks home.
22nd December 2006 09:36 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:

Indeed!!!!! I bought 15 copies to send family friends and people I care about. I am in a music club! ;-)

Happy Holidays from the blizzard hitting Denver!!!!

snowed-in and happy,
Martha

I got mine yesterday, dearest Martha.

Thank you so much. I shall listen to it later.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

xx00
LJ.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)