ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: X-mas..... Return to archive
12-26-02 10:25 PM
Soul Survivor I got the "Ya Ya's", "Aftermath, "Let It Bleed" remasters.

I also got an EPIPHONE/GIBSON SG SPECIAL, and a SQUIER SA-100 Accoustic.

IT was da shit christmas!
12-26-02 10:27 PM
Soul Survivor question though, the toggle switch on the gibson, is it supposed to be kind of loose? Where when you turn it bwteen Rhythmn and Treble, it feels all lose?

And, the pickups came with a clear sticker over them and I peeled them off. Is that ok?
12-26-02 10:39 PM
Martha Pulling them off..OK.

Peeling them off...NEVER!
12-26-02 10:42 PM
Soul Survivor Never?
12-26-02 10:53 PM
Soul Survivor why?
12-26-02 10:59 PM
stonedinaustralia soulie what is that pic. supposed to be in your signature - all i get is a blank space???
12-26-02 11:03 PM
Soul Survivor ill tell you later

right now im really worried

did i do somewthing wrong by peeling them?

I need answers
12-26-02 11:08 PM
stonedinaustralia i can't see you'd have done any harm... i take it the guitar is working ok?

you should relax man - i've never bought a guitar with plastic on the pick ups but i presume it's there to retard corrosion (...i don't know)

mathjis would know - email him or something

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-26-02 11:26 PM
FTELE52 If these are humbuckers with covers (no exposed coils) the clear 'sticker' is just to keep the covers from getting ugly before sale. No harm to the guitar and they should be removed. The toggle switch should not be really loose...you can tighten the ring around the base of the switch.
12-26-02 11:35 PM
Soul Survivor Thanks alot. Thats a relief (bout the pickups(

the ring around the toggle switch isnt loose, and the switch it's self isnt REALLY REALLY loose, but it is loose. Is that still normal>?
12-27-02 12:02 AM
stonedinaustralia well, as long as it holds its postion while you are playing it shouldn't be a problem...
12-27-02 12:05 AM
Soul Survivor Stoner, ()

What kind of guitar do you have?
12-27-02 12:26 AM
stonedinaustralia my acoustic is a "stella" - which is the make that a lot of the old delta guys used...they got them mail order from sears and roebuck in nyc...they're not expensive but they sound fine...i've had mine for nearly twenty years...i had a nice "hummingbird" copy once but it was stolen

i've had a few electrical ones but only have one now - a telecaster - it's one of the last of the pre-CBS models - that is it was made in the USA - it's a '79 - it's just your basic model
12-27-02 12:35 AM
Soul Survivor I have an Accoustic Squier SA-100

And an electric: Squier Stratocaster
----------------------
Gibson/Epiphone Goth SG Special

What kind of amp do you use?
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
12-27-02 12:44 AM
stonedinaustralia an old ampeg but it's just about knackered

i want get a fender of some sort but evrytime i nearlt get the bread together some extraordinary expense comes up -

i want to get fender amp and wah wah peddle and form a reggae band but also do some country numbers and make 'em sound like "through the lonely nights"

are you in a band?? - i only play at home these days - it's hard work finding the right pepole and then getting them to all show up in the same place at the same time - unless of course they haven't got jobs which often menas they haven't got transport

good drummers can be hard to find
12-27-02 12:47 AM
Soul Survivor im lookin to get a band together. I want to play rock, but my own kind of style. Like people say Keith has his own sound, I want people to say that about me........

Around the house, I use a small Fender Champ training amp. I'm going to buy a Marshall though
12-27-02 12:50 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
im lookin to get a band together. I want to play rock, but my own kind of style.

do you write your own songs??
12-27-02 12:52 AM
Soul Survivor yes, but I've never played them for anybody. Not even the lyrics or chords
12-27-02 01:06 AM
Soul Survivor do youu?
12-27-02 01:32 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah...'tho not as much i used to - i wrote one when my marriage busted up called "heart full of hate" - it had a sweet/sad minor chord progression with a descending bass line - the main lyric hook was "...it's so much harder to break - a heart full of hate" - prettty heavy huh!!?... i was fairly pissed off at the time...

so what was that pic. on your signature and this stuff about keith being ugly???