ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Strolling With The Bones (Santa's Been Good This Year) Return to archive
12-25-02 07:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man Woke up at the crack of dawn this morning (well yesterday in my time!) opend my stoking and what was in there? This great book. The amount of detail Bill has put into this book is amazing. Bill is a pretty amazing guy really. He spent so much time researching this stuff over the years and jotting down every detail, right down to the last cent, and still managed to screw up, what?, a 1000 plus girls?

Its been a great Christmas!

Happy Christmas Everyone!

Alex
12-25-02 07:33 PM
full moon My wife gave me Bill's book too!!! It is a must for any fan.. The pictures, detail, etc... AMAZING!!!!!!!
12-26-02 08:21 AM
Maxlugar I got another one from my parents who didn't know I bought it already.

Now I have two.

I can now walk around with one in each arm like Moses and the Ten Commandments.

I'll do that today!

Maxy, The Glittering Snow Prince! (With optional sparkly magic wand)
12-26-02 09:42 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, no one got me Bill's book, but I did get 2 $25.00 gift cards to Walden Books.....so guess what SS is gonna get with 'em?

NO! Not "The Christopher Lowell Guide To Intersting Home Decor".

NO! Not "The Big Purple Barney Book".

God damn. Sometimes you people are stupid.

Or were those just the voices in my head?

Nevermind.
12-26-02 09:51 AM
Maxlugar Is Christopher Lowell that guy with the beard that is impossibly fey sounding?

I love him.
12-26-02 12:59 PM
sirmoonie That book is a beaut! Couldn't put it down all day.

If anyone knows the name of that photographer that decked Mick, please let me know. I still have room on my 2003 List of People to Bitchslap Up the Side of the Head and Stomp on Their Necks.

Thanks in advance! Sorry if this has been asked before.
12-26-02 01:17 PM
Maxlugar How lame does Mick look in that picture?

His legs are kind of flaying and his eyes are closed and his face is sloshed over to one side.

And Jerry looks so concerned.

It really is a classic.

By the way, Josh hates that book. Can you believe it?

12-26-02 03:54 PM
midnightmagic I got the book too, Lots of new pictures that I have not seen. What a great gift.
12-26-02 08:17 PM
Martha
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I got another one from my parents who didn't know I bought it already.

Now I have two.

I can now walk around with one in each arm like Moses and the Ten Commandments.

I'll do that today!

Maxy, The Glittering Snow Prince! (With optional sparkly magic wand)

Oh Maxy..the exact same thing happened to me..and I didn't have the heart to tell my Dad I had already purchased it..so I have two copies also.

Oh well, maybe it is like having two heads in that.....two books are better than one?!

Or my hubby gets one and I the other..or one goes into the crypt, untouched with all the rest of the coveted things...

huuuum....

as you would say...

developing....................................

I don't know if I could pull off that Moses thing..but you should definitely go for it! Go out and save them while there's still time Maxoses!

Oh yeah, damn cool book.
12-26-02 08:20 PM
Fiji Joe Man, all I got was a set of Molly Hatchet coasters and a six pack of Mountain Dew...Man, my family sux!