ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Name 5 of your favourite Clashsongs Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-23-02 01:19 PM
TT
Mine are:

1. train in vain
2. Guns of Brixton
3. Know your rights
4. The Magnificent 7
5. Capital Radio

What a sad day.
PS1: Is there any pic of a Clash member with a Stone?
PS2: What about a Joe Strummer header?
12-23-02 01:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
TT wrote:
PS1: Is there any pic of a Clash member with a Stone?
PS2: What about a Joe Strummer header?

We used one of Mick Jagger and Mick Jones as header long time ago. it was backstage at a Who show in 1982. I don't have one with Joe.

About the header is a good idea, when Joey Ramone passed we putone with Joey and Keith. Since we don't have one of Joe with Stones member I'm gonna use one of Joe alone
12-23-02 02:20 PM
Boomhauer Great header of Joe.

12-23-02 02:49 PM
FPM C10

1. Safe European Home
2. Working For The Clampdown
3. Revolution Rock
4. I Fought the Law
5. Clash City Rockers

12-23-02 02:56 PM
Nasty Habits 1. Death or Glory
2. Safe European Home
3. Janie Jones
4. Hateful
5. Jail Guitar Doors
12-23-02 03:02 PM
CS 1.- I'm So Bored With the U.S.A.
2.- Safe European Home
3.- Clash City Rockers
4.- Train in Vain (Stand by Me)
5.- Straight to Hell
12-23-02 03:02 PM
sasca Complete Control
London Calling
Clash City Rockers
Guns of Brixton
Rock the Casbah
12-23-02 03:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Those Mescaleros were great, I'm watching the videos provided in the link at the header! Check them out, the video and sound are of great quality. and the music and lyrics are excelent!

This is the link, fantastic guitar player!

http://punkcast.com/140/
12-23-02 03:48 PM
stonedinaustralia bankrobber

armagideon time

train in vain

london calling

straight to hell

i loved joe and his music - he had it all - the insight, the wit,the attitude and one of the great voices of rock and roll...

it's a sad, sad day which has made me feel a little bit older than simply a day older than yesterday...

gone too soon...

"i'm all lost in the supermarket - i can no longer shop happily..."

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-23-02 04:17 PM
Harrylime The Clash are one of the truly great British bands...
Train in Vain
London Calling
Charlie Don't surf
Bankrobber
The right Profile

RIP Joe
12-23-02 04:20 PM
reid I read the headline today and I couldn't believe the horrible news. I was just listening to London Calling yesterday. We lost another legend today.
12-23-02 05:07 PM
lotsajizz Complete Control
When Ivan Meets GI Joe
Radio Clash
Police And Thieves
Clampdown
12-23-02 05:31 PM
MannishBoy 1. Complete Control
2. Tommy Gun
3. Clampdown
4. Card Cheat
5. Jail Guitar Doors

And then there's Keith
Waiting for a trial
25 thousand bail
If he goes down we won't hear his sound
But his friends carry on anyway.
Fuck 'em!
12-23-02 05:38 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Harrylime wrote:
The Clash are one of the truly great British bands...

No need to add the qualifier "British" - they were one of the best bands in the world. When Keith says that "the world's greatest rock & roll band is different every night," as he often has, I always think of the Clash. Quite a few nights that title belonged to them.

five more favorites

Brand New Cadillac
Drug Stabbing Time
Overpowered By Funk
White Man in Hammersmith Palais
Pressure Drop
12-23-02 05:42 PM
Highwire Rob
  • Rudie Can't Fail
  • Rock The Casbah
  • Should I stay Or Should I Go
  • Police & Thieves (cover of Junior Murvin's reggae orig.)
  • Spanish Bombs

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
12-23-02 05:59 PM
stonedinaustralia isn't it great that we can still love him even when he was the guy that said "no...rolling stones in 1977" and had a hand painted t-shirt that read "chuck berry is dead"

the thing is he was always a fan of the stones and, it seemed, just about everything - (that's one of the aspects of his greatness - despite being a "rock and roll star" he always remained humbled by and strictly into the music)

but at that time a few things needed desperately to be said and so he said them
12-23-02 06:08 PM
stonedinaustralia ...and don't forget his great part in jarmusch's (sp?) "mystery train"

"don't call me elvis..."
12-23-02 06:47 PM
Nasty Habits I was talking with a fellow record store buddy of mine, on leave from his duties and visiting in-laws for X-Mas (so he had to come to another record store, natch) who met Mr. Strummer on the set of Mystery Train.

Been quite a day for selling the Clash -- it is always so weird when people come in and buy up anything by a band the day after they die. Five Clash t-shirts (which were our slowest moving Christmas shirts until today, sadly enough), two copies of the first CD, a Combat Rock LP, a Love Kills 12", and, most bizarrely, a Big Audio Dynamite album to someone who was no doubt slightly confused.

12-23-02 07:01 PM
stonedinaustralia sadly, i suspect joe will only now be acknowledged as he should have been

as jimi (i think) put it - "once you're dead, you're made for life"
12-23-02 07:03 PM
Cant Catch Me Shit, that's terrible news. The Clash was one of the best rock n' roll bands ever, credit to their energy, creativity and integrity.

All the songs mentioned so far are classics, and I don't think I can make a list of my favorite Clash songs unless it was 50 songs long. But of their LPs, "Black Market Clash" is a standout for me.
12-23-02 07:09 PM
Gazza 1. Guns Of Brixton
2. This Is England
3. Police On My Back
4. The Magnificent Seven
5. Straight To Hell
12-23-02 07:09 PM
Nasty Habits Hey Can't Catch Me --

What's that thing in your profile?

It looks just like the ragged out, faded air freshener that's hung from the rearview of my last four cars!

12-23-02 08:05 PM
Gimme Shelter Should I Stay Or Should I Go
Train In Vain
Rock the Casbah
London Calling
I Fought the Law
12-23-02 08:26 PM
MannishBoy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
isn't it great that we can still love him even when he was the guy that said "no...rolling stones in 1977" and had a hand painted t-shirt that read "chuck berry is dead"

the thing is he was always a fan of the stones and, it seemed, just about everything - (that's one of the aspects of his greatness - despite being a "rock and roll star" he always remained humbled by and strictly into the music)

but at that time a few things needed desperately to be said and so he said them

Well put. I think you only need to look at early pictures of Mick Jones in the Clash to see the Stones/Keef influence. And Mick never got his teeth fixed! The fact that we are discussing Joe as the top thread here on a Stones board proves that the link was there.
12-23-02 09:05 PM
full moon Rock The Casbah, Train In Vain, London Calling, Straight To Hell, This Is Radio Clash....Thanks Joe!!!
12-23-02 10:25 PM
sirmoonie I think its:

1. Guns of Brixton
2. Spanish Bombs
3. Death or Glory
4. I fought the law
5. Rudie Can't Fail

Its like someone said, they were more than "punk." Fuck, the Clash were everything and anything they wanted to be.

They were the next Stones.

For whatever reason, they didn't become that, but 20 years since the last release, we're all here saying what a fucking incredible band that was.

RIP again Joe Stummer

The Clash!
12-23-02 10:46 PM
~AzQb

Oh God, i don't even know how i'm going to answer this, but i'm sincerely trying

1. White Riot

2. This is Radio Clash

3. Rudie Can't Fail

4. Police On My Back

5.Tommy Gun

~
12-23-02 11:00 PM
~AzQb

...and good Lord, Lost in The Supermarket...

~
12-23-02 11:57 PM
Cant Catch Me Wow, Nasty, you sold FOUR cars with the tongue air fresh'ner still in 'em? Was you stoned? Actually, I'm guilty too, 'cuz I had one of 'em once and I don't have it now and I wish I did, but that's just once, not four times over!
That particular tongue is just the classic tongue logo that I ran through some graphics programs to mute the colors and add a mottled black and white background behind the color transparency. I've got a tongue collection now with all sorts of treated tongues that I'm gonna rotate through, but none that'll hang from a rearview mirror, dag 'um it!
But returning to Clash songs, I'll take "Groovy Times" and "Gates of the West."
12-24-02 01:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

© 1982 Neal Preston
Page: 1 2