ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Burn Return to archive
12-23-02 12:20 PM
Soul Survivor I know I've asked this before, but......

When I burn Cd's on the computer, even with Disc At Once settings, theres like a gap. Like, its not huge, not even a second gap, but you can tell when the track changes. Is there a program ro eliminate tthe gaps completeley?
12-23-02 12:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot If you are burning MP3s...you can't get rid of them. That is one reason why no one wants to trade MP3 sourced material. You also lose wavelength when you uncompress them.

MP3 is fine if it is for personal use, just don't trade it. You pollute the CDR pool when you do so.

If you are not burning MP3, then you have to change your default gap setting to "0".

The other thing is that are you sure the gaps are not on your source?
12-23-02 12:39 PM
Soul Survivor Yes, I only use the mp3's for personal use

I'm posotive the gap isnt from the files. It's like, the gap isnt very noticible, but you can tell that the track has changed.

I just wish I could have the tracks crossfade with no gap at all, but I dont know a program out there that would let me do so. help
12-23-02 12:51 PM
Soul Survivor damn i wish i knew how
12-23-02 01:12 PM
justforyou Taken from alt.music.mp3 where Martin Tillman wrote:

A red book audio CD is written in discrete frames of 1/75th of a second duration. I'd suggest to the OP that he is careful that his edit points (i.e. where the file is split) happen at a frame boundary.

Professional CD writing software will do this. The only software that I'm aware of that isn't *professional* in that sense is CoolEditPro - a 200odd usd solution. Perhaps plain old CoolEdit will do it too.

An alternative that might work is to join the individual files in whatever editor you (he) is already using. Then drop that file into Nero, then split the file within Nero (this function is hidden quite well). This will result in split files, but hopefully files that have been split correctly at frame boundaries (this is after all a *CD*
writing application...).
12-23-02 01:23 PM
Soul Survivor i have downloaded cooledit, now what do i do?
12-23-02 02:36 PM
Soul Survivor ?
12-23-02 03:12 PM
justforyou Just a few more and you hit 1000...about cooledit, guess you should try and install it. Maybe load in some mp3s, save them as waves, check out a burn with them. Could be an idea to play with the options too. Haven't tried Cooledit so I really don't know.
12-23-02 04:04 PM
Fiji Joe I have sucess getting rid of gaps using a one second cross-fade that is not noticeable...not all software has this, however...I use Magix for this which, for the most part, is not good software but it does get the job done with live recordings...
12-23-02 04:06 PM
Fiji Joe Stay away from Cooledit...it will crash your system
12-23-02 04:43 PM
Soul Survivor can i download magix ont he net?
12-23-02 06:37 PM
Soul Survivor ?