ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Goin' South routine... Salón 21, México D.F. August 31, 2001
By Juan Trujillo

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Essential boots for beginners. Return to archive
12-22-02 11:14 PM
Vinyl kills I'm new to the boot business so could someone please post the "must have" live boots to start out with.

Mega thanks!

PS these are the ones I got and their great!

BEAT, BEAT, BEAT AT THE BEEB
PARIS MATCH
ITCHY FINGERS
R.S.V.P REVISITED
12-22-02 11:16 PM
Soul Survivor Live'r Than You'll Ever Be
Get Your Leeds Lungs Out
Brussels Affair
Steel Wheels In Tokyo
Ft. Worth, '72

Theres a nice start for ya
12-22-02 11:24 PM
Soul Survivor Not to mention:

Hampton '81
St. Louis '97
New Jersey '78

among tons of others!
12-22-02 11:49 PM
full moon L A Friday Tapes (1975) AND hANDSOME gIRLS (1978) Also, Voodoo At Halloween
12-22-02 11:50 PM
Soul Survivor JErsey Devil '81
12-22-02 11:55 PM
Fiji Joe I agree w/ Hampton 81' and Handsome Girls
12-22-02 11:55 PM
full moon I have heard Jersey Devil is real SWEET!!! I don't have that one .. Isn't it like 6 cds????
12-23-02 05:00 AM
Moonisup STP 1972
12-23-02 06:40 AM
JaGgEr Missing Links
12-23-02 07:52 AM
luis dear friend, I´m selling my entire stones collection.If interested I still have many extinct collector´s boots avaialbel.Full list is available at www.geocities.com/riverstattoo

e-mial me PRIVATELY to order the up to date of what is available.Thanks

[email protected]
12-23-02 07:53 AM
luis dear friend, I´m selling my entire stones collection.If interested I still have many extinct collector´s boots avaialbel.Full list is available at www.geocities.com/riverstattoo

e-mial me PRIVATELY to order the up to date of what is available.Thanks

[email protected]
12-23-02 10:44 PM
Vinyl kills Which is the better sounding one:

Liver'r than you'll ever be 30th anniversary version or original?

Get your leeds lungs out original or remastered/revisited?

Thanks!

RIP Joe Strummer
12-24-02 01:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't forget studio outtakes like the Beggars Banquet Sessions (RSVP, SFTD-SM, etc) and the Some Girls Sessions (Claudine, Flashy Girls, etc)
12-24-02 03:05 AM
fmk438j put my 2 cents in on a couple that people don't seem to mention a lot but are real gems imo.

Welcome to Australia (27.2.73)
Shattered in Europe (Naples '82)
Jean Clarke Memorial - Sonic BBQ (Essen '73 +)

[Edited by fmk438j]
12-24-02 01:31 PM
throbby
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Which is the better sounding one:

Liver'r than you'll ever be 30th anniversary version or original?

Get your leeds lungs out original or remastered/revisited?

Thanks!

On the Leeds show the best sound that I've heard so far is the Sister Morphine version "Live at Leeds"

RIP Joe Strummer

12-24-02 02:14 PM
The_Cure Stripped Companion

no doubt about it really good cd
12-24-02 03:30 PM
Vinyl kills Thanks for all the great replies. Thanks for the LEEDS info Throbby. Hows about the LIVE'R... show? Is the 30th anniv. editon better than the original?

Thanks again.
12-24-02 05:33 PM
throbby Vinyl kills wrote:
Thanks for all the great replies. Thanks for the LEEDS info Throbby. Hows about the LIVE'R... show? Is the 30th anniv. editon better than the original?

Thanks again.

I've not heard the original if your speaking of the lp. I have the Sister morphine version and the Tarantura slimline box which has both first and second shows from that day. Liver is from the second show. The first show is kind of interesting. The guitar amps blow after the first song with Mick full of apoligies. They then do the acoustic set out of place. The Tarantura set is supposedly taken from the original master 5" reels, but who knows. It does sound a little better than the Sister Morphine version, but not by much.
12-24-02 06:21 PM
Vinyl kills Right on. Check this link out

www.midnightrecords.com

scroll down a bit and type rolling stones in the search box.

Check out the different verison of the LEEDS show and the OAKLAND show. Do you know anything about those?