ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood in Shepards Bush Return to archive
December 20th, 2004 12:04 PM
Monkeytonkman I was reading the posting about Cream reforming, and was thinking how it might be a bit boring with everybody just stadning (or sitting there) and it got me thinking about the last time i went to see Ronnie play at Shepards bush.

I was really looking forward to it and was totally psyched, arrived there, had a few beers near the venue and the finally went to the venue, waited for the man to come, the lights went down, the music started, ronnie came on stage and the crowd went..............nothing!

They just stood there, clapping, (appreciating?) the music. I was trying to rock out, thow some shapes and shake my bootie, and all I got was agro and grief from everyone around me. I was so dissenchanted with it, looked around at the Zombie faces. got really bummed out and left before the end. what a bunch of boring bastards.

Sorry if you were there, and I pissed anyone off, but I couldn't believe how apathetic the crowd were. Come on dudes and dudettes - LETS GET ROCKIN'
December 20th, 2004 01:06 PM
Lavendar Bummer, sounds like you Rocked out tho. Very unfortunate that the crowd wasn't movin. Everyone absorbs music differently. [Really no excuse] Hopefully they were moved.
December 21st, 2004 04:32 AM
Gazza you shoulda been at the Dublin show a few days earlier, by the sound of it! The crowd was great at that one!
December 21st, 2004 06:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
I was reading the posting about Cream reforming, and was thinking how it might be a bit boring with everybody just stadning (or sitting there) and it got me thinking about the last time i went to see Ronnie play at Shepards bush.

I was really looking forward to it and was totally psyched, arrived there, had a few beers near the venue and the finally went to the venue, waited for the man to come, the lights went down, the music started, ronnie came on stage and the crowd went..............nothing!

They just stood there, clapping, (appreciating?) the music. I was trying to rock out, thow some shapes and shake my bootie, and all I got was agro and grief from everyone around me. I was so dissenchanted with it, looked around at the Zombie faces. got really bummed out and left before the end. what a bunch of boring bastards.

Sorry if you were there, and I pissed anyone off, but I couldn't believe how apathetic the crowd were. Come on dudes and dudettes - LETS GET ROCKIN'

A can't understand that people, they are paying HIGH ticket prices on some cases but for what?
Strange world...
December 22nd, 2004 05:54 AM
Gazza Ticket prices for Ronnie's solo shows arent expensive.

They probably went because he was a Stone - and they probably werent familiar with his solo material.

Dublin audiences are a bit different. It could be you and me standing on the stage playing Bulgarian folk songs on ukeleles and the audience would be too drunk to care and would still bounce around to it.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood