ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DarryJones substitute? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 19th, 2004 01:01 PM
Jair Do you guys already thought about this possibility or you think he is just fine?

I like him, but he would lose some weight, in the name of Stones elegance.

December 19th, 2004 01:33 PM
Bloozehound I hear Keefs playing the bass alot recently, might be the best place for him these days
December 19th, 2004 01:46 PM
Jair That would be great. Love keef playing the bass.
December 19th, 2004 03:47 PM
F505
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I hear Keefs playing the bass alot recently, might be the best place for him these days

In that case Mick Jagger can replace Keith on guitar. Maybe Chuck Leavall and Ron Wood can change positions too. In both cases it can't get worse.
December 19th, 2004 03:55 PM
Tom
quote:
Jair wrote:
I like him, but he would lose some weight, in the name of Stones elegance.

They need him ugly and fat to make them look better
December 19th, 2004 04:29 PM
Madafaka I agree
December 19th, 2004 05:12 PM
glencar Maybe Blondie Chaplin can move up in all this mess.
December 19th, 2004 06:04 PM
J.J.Flash Since we can't have Jack Bruce...... D. Jones is fine for me......just kick Lisa/Bernard and Blondie for messing.....errrr.. I mean... backing vocals on every damn song......and I don't need to repeat myself on that bearded man.....
December 19th, 2004 07:28 PM
kath darryl's great!!
December 19th, 2004 09:05 PM
Soldatti I don't like Darryl very much, but at least he can play his instrument...
December 19th, 2004 09:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Since we can't have Jack Bruce...... D. Jones is fine for me......just kick Lisa/Bernard and Blondie for messing.....errrr.. I mean... backing vocals on every damn song......and I don't need to repeat myself on that bearded man.....

Jack Bruce? Christ - his insides are even more pickled than Ronnie's. Fuhgettaboutit.
December 19th, 2004 09:19 PM
kath hey, CREAM'S gettin together.....nothing's impossible!!!
December 21st, 2004 11:34 AM
jb DJ is an embarrassment both as a musician as well as allowing himself to appear on stage with the band in such poor shape. We have never needed Bill Wyman more than now!!! The only hope we(real fans) have for the Stones to make a huge comeback and fill the seats, is for Bill to replace Daryl, Mick Tayloe to replace Ronnie(Ronnie could still play , but only behind the curtains like Blondie currently does) and for Mick to stop singing so refined..he really needs to be ragged and loose like the good old days. Absent this, the next tour will be no different than the previous 3, except for the fact that the audiences will even be smaller....take it to the bank -jb is rarely incorrect(I predicted the Phins win last night)...also, I did not achieve the lifestyle I live by making too many mistakes....I earn a lot of money and I know how to get it done.
December 21st, 2004 11:36 AM
parmeda Mr. Jones hails from Chi-town...back off the homeboy, kids
December 21st, 2004 11:41 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Mr. Jones hails from Chi-town...back off the homeboy, kids

So did John Wayne Gacy
December 21st, 2004 11:43 AM
parmeda This is true jb...and we toasted his ass!
December 21st, 2004 11:49 AM
erikjjf I think it is safe to say that Darryl Jones will remain in the band for the album and tour.
December 21st, 2004 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
I think it is safe to say that Darryl Jones will remain in the band for the album and tour.

Hi Erik!!! How was the Mick Taylor show? Did you get me the autograph?
December 21st, 2004 12:07 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Erik!!! How was the Mick Taylor show? Did you get me the autograph?

This topic is about Darryl Jones.
December 21st, 2004 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

This topic is about Darryl Jones.

Please respond!!!
December 21st, 2004 12:10 PM
erikjjf Read all about it in the show review thread on Shidoobee. Unless you've been banned
December 21st, 2004 12:11 PM
Jumacfly [quote]jb wrote:
DJ is an embarrassment both as a musician as well as allowing himself to appear on stage with the band in such poor shape. We have never needed Bill Wyman more than now!!! The only hope we(real fans) have for the Stones to make a huge comeback and fill the seats, is for Bill to replace Daryl

I agree (must be the first time), we need Bill and his elastic bass

December 21st, 2004 12:12 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:
DJ is an embarrassment both as a musician as well as allowing himself to appear on stage with the band in such poor shape. We have never needed Bill Wyman more than now!!! The only hope we(real fans) have for the Stones to make a huge comeback and fill the seats, is for Bill to replace Daryl

I agree (must be the first time), we need Bill and his elastic bass
Tell Egon!!!

December 21st, 2004 12:18 PM
gimmekeef The line up wont change...take it to the bank......
December 21st, 2004 12:19 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

of course I will...but I still don't miss you you know!
December 21st, 2004 12:20 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Read all about it in the show review thread on Shidoobee. Unless you've been banned

Never!!! Doug is too good a person to do that to me....I just have been trying to get my posts up here and hit 12k before the new year as Joey is way ahead of me.
December 21st, 2004 01:58 PM
glencar Doug is about to ban Joshy? Why? Why? WHY???
December 21st, 2004 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Doug is about to ban Joshy? Why? Why? WHY???

Never...Doug and I are friends....he just has to put up with the little weenies who always complain about me..you know the ones Glencar.
December 21st, 2004 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Never...Doug and I are friends....he just has to put up with the little weenies who always complain about me..you know the ones Glencar.

Did someone say " little weenie " ?!?!

HERE I IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{ CA - RACK }

Double , Keith !
December 21st, 2004 02:46 PM
jb Daryl probably is the "biggest" Stone if you dig my drift........"Be cool, stay in school"..Fat Albert circa 1974....
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood