ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Moonie, enough! Return to archive
December 18th, 2004 06:52 PM
TooTough Moonie, enough.

You haven�t answered my question at all. You bitch about Germans in a thread about the new Stones� album and tour. Unbelievable. I really don�t want to know what you write if the thread is about "The Stones in Germany" or "German Stones shows". I always thought this was a board run by Stones fans, regardless of nationality or religion etc.

I just wonder what you tell your children, when they ask you about other countries. When they ask you about Germany, what do you answer?

"Just call them Huns, Krauts, Nazis; the men are all named �Horst or Siegfried or Fritz�, even if they feel European or feel like world-citizens - even if they are anti-nazi and anti-racist - they are not. Don�t you ever believe them!"

you wrote >As one of Germany's most beloved leaders,
>Hans Frank, said in an pathetic, last ditch attempt to >horse-trade his life for the lives of millions of >others: "Germany's shame will last a thousand years."

You hit me badly with this one. You did this on purpose as you always write things. Hans Frank was the Gouvernour of the occupied Poland, a brutal racist and antisemitic through and through. And once again: you throw in a name of a Nazi and tell that he�s "one of Germany's most beloved leaders". In a Stones messageboard! Just to offend. You don�t say when he was "beloved" (he never was, by the way, he was mostly unnkown until N�rnberg 1946). Germany in the past? Or now? And once again: beloved by whom? By me, by my kids, the people in Bayern, by the Germans in general? This stinks. You really offended me.

I�m a teacher (not English as you can see), but history. And normally I don�t give a shit to tell you how I teach my kids. But be sure that every year on May 8th I thank the US, the Russians and the Brits to have freed us from Hitler. That does not quite fit in your black and white scheme about life, right? But you got to live with this one.

And: you are the last one to tell anything personal about me. But in 1993 I visited Auschwitz. I could have easily drove around that little town, but I went there with 3 other friends (all teachers now). And what were the Krauts doing? Watching this unbelievable place, silently. And telling the children today.

Having fun by throwing around stereotypes isn�t my ideal of a Stones board. If it�s not Germany, it�s France or Iraq or gays or (XY). That�s hard to stand.

I think I�m gonna come back to this board when the new album is under way. Then postings like yours from the last days are buried under good news.
December 19th, 2004 10:59 AM
Scottfree Don't feel bad, the cheese eating surrender monkeys are even worse.....
December 19th, 2004 11:17 AM
caro Sweet! I was waiting for the resident retards to chime in on this one.
December 19th, 2004 12:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Don't feel bad, the cheese eating surrender monkeys are even worse.....

Time some of you guys gave shit like this a rest or clear off elsewhere.

If you are gonna post here then either have some respect for the fact that this board is used by people of different nationalities and backgrounds and quit using it as an excuse to vent your thinly veiled hatred of other countries
December 19th, 2004 12:24 PM
FOURCHETTE Thank you, Gazza.
December 19th, 2004 09:51 PM
sirmoonie Sorry, Tooie, I mean no harm or offense.

Maybe I was wrong about how much you guys still love Hans Frank.

I do have a whole list of German politicans/leaders I can prove for a fact you guys love. Educated guy that you are, you can probably guess who is on it. I'll PM it to you if you want, but I won't post it. I don't want to piss off Gazza anymore than I already have.

I also don't want to upset Riffhard. Riffhard is VERY sensitive when you disagree with his politics. VERY sensitive. He even starts entire threads about how sensitive he is.

Kind of like you keep doing, Tooie.

"Help me, help help me, Rommel!"
December 20th, 2004 12:12 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I also don't want to upset Riffhard. Riffhard is VERY sensitive when you disagree with his politics. VERY sensitive. He even starts entire threads about how sensitive he is.

LOL! Moonie you obviously don't know me as well as you think you do. Hell man Joey dissagrees with my politics,as does Josh. We get along fine. I'm not sensitive at all. Maybe at some point during 2005 we will do a RO gathering and we will all get to know each other a little better. Then we will all see eye to eye over several pints and this shit can finally be put to bed.

Riffhard
December 21st, 2004 04:36 AM
TooTough Moonie, Joey, Fiji,

it�s sad to see that in between Stones tours some people, that I thought of as Stones fans (and that what it�s all about here), turn out to be normal assholes, having fun offending others.

The Stones gotta make a new record and tour just to get you back to the topics.

I�m off.
December 21st, 2004 09:18 AM
Fiji Joe Hey!...What I'd do?...I mean other than express my annoyance with being labeled a xenophobe by what appears to be a German citizen?...I was discussing this issue the other day over dinner with my Thai wife, my German mother, and my Mexican sister-in-law...we got a big laugh out of it...you see, here in the States, we live and participate in a multi-cultural society...we don't just talk about it...if you understood the American psyche as much as you think you do, you would realize that Moonie is simply yanking your chain...pretending like people are not different from you when they clearly are is not exactly tolerance...I'm not sure what it is...but it ain't tolerance...

Now...If you don't mind...I'm going to wait for the next jew-bashing thread to come along
December 21st, 2004 09:42 AM
Joey

I see a man without a problem ......................
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood