ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Keith Interview :Current and Future Stones Activities included-....From Ian Return to archive
December 18th, 2004 02:50 PM
IanBillen I saw this on another board so I decided to cut and paste it here for us as well.

Edition by Admin: From "Tell Me" board, posted by Marclaff originaly from Rock & Folk

Ian

Note: All good news on the timing of upcoming Stones Events!

KR : hi Philippe (Manoeuvre, an infamous french rock critic), i'm fine, got only 10 minutes late. I'm in England, my first visit since 1 year.
R&F : why this Live Cd, the 9th, why not a studio album?
KR : We currently are finishing the new album.It will be recorded in a studio or not.Nowadays, you don't need a studio.We record here and there like we did for EOMStreet.You can do it anywhere.
So i just did a long writing-songs-session with Mick in his mansion (Poc� sur Cisse near Amboise by the river Loire - notes from Marclaff).We could record the album there, i'll be back in a couple of weeks.There is something goin' on with Mick, we work very easily together and we have a good time.Beware, you never know what will be released but at the moment the process is fascinating.
R&F : Next tour in 2005?
The idea is to finish the album this winter, release it springtime and tour next summer.It's what we gonna try to do.
R&F : What about Charlie?
Saw him last week, he looked fine.He asked me : when will we be on the road again?
R&F : What about your guitar playing?
My playing changes and i don't even notice it.Growing up they said.Hope to become adult one day (laughs).
R&F : The best moment is CYHMK
To rearrange an old song is a real pleasure.
R&F : You sing 3 songs
The more you sing, the more you like to sing.Singing was my first job : soprano in a choral.But i can't control my voice.
R&F : Who decides the setlist?
Always Mick, he sings, he chooses.Then Ron, Charlie or myself suggest a couple of songs but the singer is the engine, he must choose.
R&F : Is there a song you can't play on stage?
Clearly, a song works when everybody wants to play it.We spent many tours without Satisfaction because nobody "felt" the song.
R&F : After India and Hong Kong, where do you want to go?
China and North Korea but the shows in India were wonderful.It's important to play in new places
R&F : I wonder why, from the stage, the audience stays a black hole.
No, it's weird, some details change but when the Stones are playing, we create a bubble, an other world for 2 hours.
R&F : The best show from last tour?
Festival in Toronto, i thought i was in Hyde Park again.Some clubs were fantastic.Give me a stage, anywhere, anytime, i want to play.I didn't miss a Stones concert until now.
R&F : Are you proud of a specific solo in Live Licks?
Gasp, solos, somebody had to do it, i prefer leave them to Ron.I care about the ones on SFTD.Soloing is like a flight but the problem is still "how to touch down?"
R&F : What is the secret of your longevity?
If there was a secret, i did not tell it.What's a band? People wanting to play together, the ones in my band are interesting, i want to know where they want to go.As long as we surprise each others.
R&F : Next december 18th, you'll be 62 (not Marclaff's mistake), what do you expect?
KR : Hope to reach 69.
R&F : Are you acting with J Depp?
KR : We talked together last week, we talked a lot.Negociations. I'm wearing his boots today, gorgeous green leather boots, we used to trade our wardrobe.
R&F : there is a movie about Brian, what do you think?
KR : i believe i already know the story.It's a stange affair which is still a mystery for me.Brian didn't go well and people around him had absolutly no sympathy for his problems.Brian dug his own grave.
R&F : Do you want to write a biography like Dylan?
KR : yes, i do!The first part will be released in 2020...BTW, i liked to try to remember my life.
R&F : On the road, what do you need?
KR : my music, it's crucial, some scarves to recover the lamps in the hotel and some T-shirts.Don't forget some jewels and knives.
R&F : Last tour, you were the only one drinking and maybe more, is it a problem with the others?
KR : That's their problem, not mine (demonish laughs)
R&F : Do you talk 'bout drugs with your children?
Sure, i say : take only good stuff.They smoke weed and then? Let's show them how to roll a joint, otherwise what's the use of a father?????
R&F : what are you listening to at the moment?
KR : Lee Perry, there are too many things about his ideas to conceive the hope of the sound.He knows how to use silence, he is a great painter (Marclaff doesn't quite understand).

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
December 18th, 2004 03:15 PM
Make It Funky Hey Ian, Cheers man. Great interview. (Did you do the translating too? haha)

Hey, have you ever heard of this Spanish band, called "Sugar Mountain" (I assume after the Neil Young song)? They sing a catchy little tune called "Low Down" which starts off like SFM. Produced by Dan Baird, (of Georgia Satellites fame).

www.sugar-mountain.net

Cheers mate.
December 18th, 2004 06:02 PM
gotdablouse Great, but the translation is "murder" ;-) I'll go and buy it tomorrow, fist time I'll be buying R&F in a LLOONNGG time !

Hard to believe this is the same Keith who did the infamous UNCUT interview last year...maybe this one was cut ;-)
December 18th, 2004 06:47 PM
gypsy Thanks so much for posting that interview, Ian! It's an interesting read...Keith is so damn witty. I love him.

HAPPY 61st BIRTHDAY, KEITH!
December 18th, 2004 09:12 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Make It Funky wrote:
Hey Ian, Cheers man. Great interview. (Did you do the translating too? haha)

Hey, have you ever heard of this Spanish band, called "Sugar Mountain" (I assume after the Neil Young song)? They sing a catchy little tune called "Low Down" which starts off like SFM. Produced by Dan Baird, (of Georgia Satellites fame).

www.sugar-mountain.net

Cheers mate.

No I haven't heard of the band Sugar Mountain but it does indeed sound interesting.....and give me the low-down...if you can. I don't want a show down. I just wanna know where I stand.
By the way folks no I didn't do the translation myself.
And Happy Birthday Keith!

Ian

December 18th, 2004 09:16 PM
LadyJane Great read...Thanks Ian!!!

My favorite line:

Saw him last week, he looked fine.He asked me : when will we be on the road again?

That is the best Christmas gift I could ever hope to receive!!!

Can you just imagine the emotion and cheers for Charlie next Tour??? Sends a chill down my spine!!!!

LJ.
December 18th, 2004 09:27 PM
IanBillen
Ok,
By the way I see it they have loads of material and have been working this thing up all over. But Keith says they are currently "finishing" the album? Don Was says they just started> What gives?

It is my opinion they have been writing on and off since during Licks. It is also my opinion they have been working
on rough tracks and doing some session work in many places for this album. Also I believe this last writing jaunt between he
and Mick was to get some more good songs to choose from to add to the list of already recorded stuff. I think the plan, as Keith said is to record that stuff in JAN-FEB possibly into March for a summer or late, late, spring album.

I don't expect them in the studio much longer than two full months.
Like I say, I think they have tons of stuff written and some of it recorded over the past few years and this is the final sessions on a long awaited album from them.

And what did Keith mean by the process of he and Micks current writing is "fascinating"? What did he mean with "there is something going on with Mick". Is he suggesting the two are on a songwriting role or something?
Ian

December 19th, 2004 02:16 AM
FOURCHETTE As a French fan, here are some details:

1) Rock'n'Folk has been THE French rock magazine for more than 35 years.In the magazine, there are in fact 2 interviews : one of Jagger and one of Keith.There are photographs, too.
The interviews have been translated into English by Marclaff.

2)The publisher and interviewer is Philippe Manoeuvre, a friend of Mick and Keith's.
[Edited by FOURCHETTE]
December 19th, 2004 05:32 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks so much for posting that interview, Ian! It's an interesting read...Keith is so damn witty. I love him.

HAPPY 61st BIRTHDAY, KEITH!

See, I post good threads sometimes.

Ian
December 19th, 2004 06:20 AM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Ian
December 19th, 2004 08:21 AM
sammy davis jr. Look for "Extreme Western Grip" to be the first single....
December 19th, 2004 09:46 AM
nankerphelge Summer tour?

No way!

August at the earliest.

They haven't toured a US summer since '78 (barely)

'81 - Sept-Dec
'89 - same
'94 - Aug-Dec
'97 - Sept-Dec
'99 - Jan-?May
'03 - Sept-Dec

But one can hope!

A hot sweaty sticky icky July Stones show with booze and chiba and shorts and sheep and tank tops and firetrucks

December 19th, 2004 08:42 PM
Soldatti Mick's interview is here:

R&F : What about the 9th live album?
MJ : count them again(laughs)
R&F : what's the story this time?
MJ : the real one or the one i'm going to imagine now (LOL);Actually i wished to release a live albuw with obscured songs,rarely played but the record compagny wanted two cDs (1 with the big hits , a 2nd with the rarities). For me it was stupid but i finally agreed for 2 cheap CDs.
Then i hearded it and big surprise it's not that bad!!
If it was only me, i definitely didn't release it.
R&F : it's funny, you're MJ, the king of R&R, and your record compagny bothered you, amazing!
For the next tour, may i hope to hear some "never played" songs like Child of the moon?
MJ : Very smart, i'm going to write suggestions for Keith, i add this song, it's a good idea.We still haven't played Out of time live...
R&F : neither Stoned nor Who's driving your plane
MJ : correct, Emotional rescue neither...if we tour again...
MJ : he's fine, we'll play together next week.It's obvious you won't have the "scoop" of a new tour, i leave it to Ronnie for later (LOL).
The studio recording is goin' on, we got good stuff, i wrote with Keith and it's pretty good.
R&F : many young bands opened for the Stones, what's your opinion?
MJ : Gwen from No Doubt is a real "showgirl", she uses the whole stage and tries to communicate with our audience.The White Stripes just played and left without a single word.The Hives opened in Denmark and the singer could speak in danish, he talked a lot0.Green Day comes, plays and leaves.
R&F : what was the better thing during the last tour?
MJ : India.We played under the molson (hard rain), i found that very funny.
The clubs were tough because the heat and the obscured songs to play.We didn't have a "Titanic" show and some of them were great.
R&F : where do you want to play?
MJ : St Pierre & Miquelon (lol), Africa for a second experience.
R&F : I hearded of a movie about Brian.What do you think?
MJ : Nothing, they don't want to send me the story board, they are afraid...
The movie wants to prove that Brian was murdered, why not Jimi Hendrix?
If i remember well, the police concluded to an accident.
The movie will tell Brian was murdered exept everybody knows it is untrue.
R&F : what about your children and drugs?
MJ : OMG, we ain't gonna talk 'bout my children in Rock & Folk?
R&F : what about your longevity?
MJ : we were lucky, very lucky, talent is far less necessary, then you need ambition and, of course, a lot of work.
R&F : Will you read the Dylan's biography?
MJ : yes, what does he tell?
R&F : Dylan claims he sacrified his carreer in 1969 to cut his "prophet" icon.
MJ : Beg your pardor, it sounds silly.He never stopped working, recording and touring.
R&F : what about your own biography?
MJ : none
R&F : what are your plans for Xmas?
MJ : like you and your readers : open presents, drink, laugh, sing an old Xmas song...Happy new year to everyone.
R&F : thank you mister Jagger
December 19th, 2004 08:49 PM
gypsy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

See, I post good threads sometimes.

Ian

I know you do, Ian. You have posted a lot of informative posts that I really appreciate.

Thanks Ian!
December 20th, 2004 02:41 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I know you do, Ian. You have posted a lot of informative posts that I really appreciate.

Thanks Ian!

Your surely Welcome

Ian
December 20th, 2004 04:26 AM
FotiniD Great stuff, thanks a lot Ian and Soldatti.

Keith's atittude to drinking and drugs is just unchangeable I like the part with the biography, Part I Really witty, as always.

And the fact that he's all ready to roll, talking about the tour and all, whereas Mick prefers to keep it all mysterious, not revealing much It's these differences they have... God, I'm thrilled they're writing together again Even one song will be worth it- just think if they all do make it in the album.

It's funny though that even Keith points to this - if they'll be released, sort of like the Don Was statements. I mean, they do have control over that, why not release them?!
December 20th, 2004 04:30 AM
FotiniD By the way, I found this on Rock'n'Folk's site (no Photoshop here to cut the pic , but anyway) :

Is that from the Brian Jones movie? He doesn't look bad as Brian, does he?
December 20th, 2004 04:36 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Great stuff, thanks a lot Ian and Soldatti.

Keith's atittude to drinking and drugs is just unchangeable I like the part with the biography, Part I Really witty, as always.

And the fact that he's all ready to roll, talking about the tour and all, whereas Mick prefers to keep it all mysterious, not revealing much It's these differences they have... God, I'm thrilled they're writing together again Even one song will be worth it- just think if they all do make it in the album.

It's funny though that even Keith points to this - if they'll be released, sort of like the Don Was statements. I mean, they do have control over that, why not release them?!

I love every Keith interview. He's so damn witty.
FotiniD, I will definitely buy their album when it comes out, and hope that it climbs the charts, and is a critically aclaimed album. Maybe the new album would bring them into the spotlight again...and turn the younger generations on to their music. I want them to turn out a really good album where at least one single hits the top of the charts. I guess I'm saying is that I hope they start a new precedent.
December 20th, 2004 04:39 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
By the way, I found this on Rock'n'Folk's site (no Photoshop here to cut the pic , but anyway) :

Is that from the Brian Jones movie? He doesn't look bad as Brian, does he?

I can crop it for you! You have to visit this site about the making of the movie...it's really interesting: http://www.brianjonesfc.com/
December 20th, 2004 04:57 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I can crop it for you! You have to visit this site about the making of the movie...it's really interesting: http://www.brianjonesfc.com/

Thanks Gyps!
I can't wait to see the actors / actresses for Keith, Anita and Mick. Wouldn't it be just great if a movie on the Stones would be made?

I can see Scorsese directing it, easily
December 20th, 2004 05:02 AM
gypsy
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Thanks Gyps!
I can't wait to see the actors / actresses for Keith, Anita and Mick. Wouldn't it be just great if a movie on the Stones would be made?

I can see Scorsese directing it, easily

The actors photographs are all on that link. I know Monet Mazur is to portray Anita. She doesn't really look like Anita. When I found out that Monet had that role, I posted an article and a photo of her on my Anita group. I can search for it for you. Monet looks like a girl from California--blonde hair, blue eyes. But she doesn't have that exotic look that Anita had. Maybe when she is dressed like Anita, and after the makeup artists are through with her, she will look like her.
December 20th, 2004 06:08 AM
Monkeytonkman This is the first time I've read a statement from a Stone mentioning the next tour, gotta admit it's starting a stirring in my loins. Sportin' a woody now!
December 20th, 2004 08:10 AM
J.J.Flash >R&F : Do you talk 'bout drugs with your children?
Sure, i say : take only good stuff.They smoke weed and then? Let's show them how to roll a joint, otherwise what's the use of a father?????<

sarcasm?!?! loL
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood