ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CREAM REUNION: IT'S OFFICIAL Return to archive
December 17th, 2004 07:25 PM
FM After weeks of speculation it was announced today by Eric Clapton that legendary 60s supergroup Cream will reunite for 4 shows at London's Royal Albert Hall. The venue was the scene of the trio's last appearance in 1968.

Concert appearances have been scheduled for May 2005. Information regarding ticket sales has not yet been made public. These are the only Cream concerts scheduled. Details will be posted here as they become available.

Eric Clapton made the announcement on BBC Radio 2's Johnnie Walker show. The shows will be recorded. Eric also said that tickets will go on sale soon.

After leaving John Mayall�s Bluesbreakers in 1966, Eric accepted drummer Ginger Baker's offer to start a new band. Eric suggested bassist Jack Bruce. During its two-year life span, Cream - as in "cream of the crop" - released four albums: Fresh Cream (1966), Disraeli Gears (1967), Wheels of Fire (1968), and Goodbye (1968). The band's performances were not a series of three-minute hit song recreations but featured ground-breaking long-form improvisation around album cuts. The band's final two performances on 26 November 1968 at London's Royal Albert Hall were filmed. Farewell Cream has been released on DVD demonstrating the band's continuing popularity over the years. In the decades since the band broke up in late 1968, countless musicians have pointed to the power trio as an important influence on their own playing and style and the hard rock genre.

Cream reunited once before in January 1993 when they performed three songs at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

http://www.whereseric.com/clapton/news/2004/12/cream_reunion_its_official.htm

December 17th, 2004 08:45 PM
Soldatti Great, thanks for the update.
December 17th, 2004 09:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Great, thanks for the update.

SOLDATTI-THANKS FOR THANKING EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING
December 17th, 2004 10:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

SOLDATTI-THANKS FOR THANKING EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING

I'm an Eric Clapton fan, out of that if I see interesting information I will say THANKS for that at least. I don't have enough time to search the web for news and all that info is important to me.
BILL, I don't bother you so what's the problem? If you're the "bad guy" here it's ok, but I'm out of that.
Have a nice weekend.
[Edited by Soldatti]
December 17th, 2004 10:52 PM
telecaster Sounds great if Clapton loses that weak Strat sound he has been going with for the last 15yrs and plays a Gibson SG
with the Humbuckers and plays his amp accordingly

Thank you John Fogerty

December 18th, 2004 09:37 AM
BILL PERKS ABOUT 20 YEARS TOO LATE-ERIC IS LAME
December 18th, 2004 10:51 AM
Sir Stonesalot >ABOUT 20 YEARS TOO LATE-ERIC IS LAME<

Thanks for saying that BILL.

Tele made a good point too. Clapton's Strat sound and playing style over the last 20 years is just plain BORING. The guy plays with his brain, and without his balls.

Obviously wanting to cash in with DVD and live CD releases. Nothing wrong with that in today's business I suppose.

I have Disreali Gears(both stereo and mono). Why would I need anything else? Cream 2005 ain't gonna be better. There is only one place this thing can go....and it ain't up.

December 19th, 2004 12:57 PM
Bloozehound cool

I'm a big fan of eric 60's and 70's work

reunions and greatest hits cd aren't that bad if the artist in question still has the "balls" to be a contributing artist on the music scene.

the dudes done his fair share in his day to contribute to rock n roll and he's still going, can't say the same for some other "greatest hits" acts we all know

BTW

Layla is one of the few albums I'll stick my neck on the line for and say could be an equal contender to the Stones big four-era masterpieces

Hell, while i'm at it, I'll also say I think Journeyman was better than anything the Stones have been able to muster in 20 years

December 19th, 2004 04:47 PM
Madafaka I like Clapton. His live show is really awesome.
December 19th, 2004 05:09 PM
glencar This is a huge waste of time. This won't be a rock show; it'll be a snoozefest.
December 19th, 2004 05:58 PM
J.J.Flash Oh come on Blue..... don't be another nay-sayer....... I'm really excited about it, Cream - among my top 5 fave of all time, no doubt about it.
December 19th, 2004 06:45 PM
glencar I like old Cream too. But what the naysayers above say is correct: this reunion will be nothing but an excuse to trade in on old fame. I can't see it being successful but more power to them if they do a nice job.
December 19th, 2004 09:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I like Clapton. His live show is really awesome.

I went to his last show here with my father.
December 19th, 2004 11:05 PM
LadyJane I dunno. I'm watching Crossroads on PBS and I think EC sounds/looks/is good!! Great show...hope some of you are catching this awesome Blues fest.

LJ
December 20th, 2004 06:16 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I brought my father to see God too.....
December 20th, 2004 10:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, Clapton is a whiz of a guitar player, I'm not doubting that. But he doesn't play guitar with his balls and his heart anymore. There is technical dexterity and little else. There is no fire. He is boring.

He plays like a rich white guy playing rich white guy blues. It's not really Blues at all. Since he plays blues that way, I'm expecting him to play rock n roll that way too.

More power to 'em. But I wouldn't expect a whole lot.
December 20th, 2004 10:28 AM
J.J.Flash I see your point fellow Stonesy, I even agree, but not like you, I still believe they can play with that magic again.....I'm a huge Cream fan.
December 20th, 2004 10:35 AM
Bloozehound My theory is that Clapton's soberiety greatly effected his artistic vision and abilities

December 20th, 2004 10:40 AM
J.J.Flash Maybe wishing Eric a return to the booze could mean his death, anyway, I think it makes a lot os sense Bloozey!
December 20th, 2004 11:51 AM
Monkeytonkman Can't help but feel that this will be a bit of a snoozefest, with loads of corporate shirts and ties sitting there clapping politely after each song. you know a bit like an Eric clapton concert, (and some stones gigs - especially nearer the back of the large venues)

however, I might go out of curiosity, I'm only thirty one, so I never got the chance to see them before.
December 20th, 2004 02:28 PM
T&A hasn't even happened yet and the critics are already bitching. Clapton's playing has evolved very nicely, IMO - and I find it fascinating that he chose (didn't have to) to reunite at this time - should prove very interesting. I am very excited to see what comes from this.

December 20th, 2004 02:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey, Clapton is a whiz of a guitar player, I'm not doubting that. But he doesn't play guitar with his balls and his heart anymore. There is technical dexterity and little else. There is no fire. He is boring.

He is no Pete Townshend ....THAT'S for sure .

Best Petey Yet !!!!!!!!
December 20th, 2004 02:39 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
T&A wrote:
hasn't even happened yet and the critics are already bitching. Clapton's playing has evolved very nicely, IMO - and I find it fascinating that he chose (didn't have to) to reunite at this time - should prove very interesting. I am very excited to see what comes from this.

I agree little fella, I agree.
December 21st, 2004 07:10 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I went too, but I did it with my oldest friends

[Edited by Madafaka]
December 21st, 2004 06:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

I went too, but I did it with my oldest friends

and my friends didn't want to go!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood