ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith & Bush ? Return to archive
December 17th, 2004 08:40 AM
Helene I heard a gossip that I don't appreciate...
Does Keith support George W. Bush ? Here in France we hear about that everywhere...
Helene
December 17th, 2004 08:49 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Helene wrote:
I heard a gossip that I don't appreciate...
Does Keith support George W. Bush ? Here in France we hear about that everywhere...
Helene

I don't want to hear about that
December 17th, 2004 08:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think he don't give a fuck... he supports Hilary

December 17th, 2004 08:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I think he don't give a fuck... he supports Hilary

No words...
December 18th, 2004 02:50 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Helene wrote:
Helene

While I believe Keith doesn't really care for any politicans I wouldn't be surprised if Keith was a GWB fan. Keith is a no bullshit guy so I can see why he would like our good president, George Walker Bush!!!
December 18th, 2004 06:16 AM
Jumping Jack The pictured should be subtitled the easiest lay on the white house lawn, LOL!
December 18th, 2004 07:03 AM
telecaster <---------------------------------------------
December 18th, 2004 08:14 AM
keith_tif
quote:
Helene wrote:
Helene

I live in France too but i never heard that Keith support GWB! I hope he didn't because if it's true i will burn all my stone's and keith's album!

Raymond
December 18th, 2004 08:36 AM
FOURCHETTE Who talks about that in France ?? Nobody does.

It's a fake, from American Christian fondamentalists. I read that story on Rocks Off or Shidoobee last September or october.

December 18th, 2004 10:31 AM
gustavobala keith don't like politians...

he hopes NOTHING from him
December 19th, 2004 05:24 PM
glencar We really need a new album. As for the turds who would destroy all their Stones/Keith albums because of his potential political position, you're deranged. If he turns out to be a Dubya supporter, that won't make me (a loyal Bush supporter) go out & buy even more Stones stuff. Geta grip, folks. Bush won & it's time to accept life's cruel fate.
December 19th, 2004 06:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
keith_tif wrote:

I hope he didn't because if it's true i will burn all my stone's and keith's album!

Raymond

I got a better idea give them to me
December 19th, 2004 06:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
keith_tif wrote:

I live in France too but i never heard that Keith support GWB! I hope he didn't because if it's true i will burn all my stone's and keith's album!

Raymond

get over yourself with all this self-righteous fascist thought-police nonsense laughably masquerading as liberalism. You may have heard of the word 'democracy', I take it. I also believe some people use a term like 'freedom of expression'. Who someone chooses to vote for in a democratic society is their own business.

For the record, Keith never at any time endorsed a political candidate in this election. All of the interviews he has done in the last year are quite easy to find. So, anything he's "supposed" to have done in that regard is pure invention and mischief making.

It's Ok. You can sleep easy in your bed now and play your Stones records again.

[Edited by Gazza]
December 19th, 2004 06:57 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
That is because Keith is smart. It is not wise for an entertainer to give their political stand-point. It could
really hurt them in terms of sales, or fan base. It doesn't always pan out that way but it very well could. For the most part The Stones play it safe in these area's. If they sing about it they usually give both sides of the story in a very blunt, yet read between the lines type of way....
Ok Gazza, enough about all that rubbish. What about the album? Don Was says they really just started. Keith says
they are finishing up? Wonder what it is? I think they could do both from here. I think they could either put this recent stuff into already recorded material for a new album. Or they could call this the begginning of a fresh start. Don says this new stuff seems to be from a "piece"? What are your thoughts. It is my opinion it will be a mixture of the best stuff from both now and before in the best possible way(in other words song selection and whether it fits, the sound and mix, etc. etc.)
Ian
Ian

get over yourself with all this self-righteous fascist thought-police nonsense laughably masquerading as liberalism. You may have heard of the word 'democracy', I take it. I also believe some people use a term like 'freedom of expression'. Who someone chooses to vote for in a democratic society is their own business.

For the record, Keith never at any time endorsed a political candidate in this election. All of the interviews he has done in the last year are quite easy to find. So, anything he's "supposed" to have done in that regard is pure invention and mischief making.

It's Ok. You can sleep easy in your bed now and play your Stones records again.

[Edited by Gazza]

December 19th, 2004 06:59 PM
corgi37 Why do people give a shit about other people's leaders? Or, should i say, U.S. leaders? For what its worth, i think ALL U.S. policitians are fake, false, frauds. It's the art of spin, looking good in suits with just the right "power tie" color and having their hair hair-sprayed to within an inch of their life. Why do all Yanks in politics and media have such severe parts in their hair? And, hand over heart and all that shit.

But, its a democracy. Hell, look at our Prime Minister? He's a sneaky little prick, but he just won his 3rd election on the trot, with a massive increase in support and control, and is now our 2nd longest serving Prime Minister. I fucking hate him, but life goes on.

As for the French, they have the biggest crook in history as their President! Go figure! No one bags him anymore. It's all just anti-Bush crap from every nation. I think Bush is pretty much a moron, but he used to drink and do drugs, so i would vote for him. And, when he lost his licence for drink driving, it was after a boozing session with that wonderful Aussie tennis champ, John Newcombe. So George W cant be all that bad.

They are all the same anyway.

They just screw us all.

As a wise man once wrote;
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

December 21st, 2004 01:37 AM
Brainbell Jangler The only Bush Keith likes is the one he can smoke.
December 21st, 2004 01:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL yes and welcome aboard!

he also cares about the bush doctor
December 21st, 2004 01:54 AM
Brainbell Jangler Thanks, mate. Now, why can't I see my bloody avatar? http://www.everettcollection.com/Candids/Preview/TC2ENOTP.jpeg
December 21st, 2004 06:02 AM
waaghals Do you remember what Mick said about the US elections.Mick said it wasn't polite to say anything about the US elections because it wasn't his country. I think the same would apply to Keith. They both know it's best not to get involved in politics! This could offend some of their fans and politicians would use them if they did.
December 21st, 2004 07:12 AM
Stonesdoug For what it's worth, Keith was presented with a briefcase from the White House, delivered to his room in Philly on the last tour.
December 21st, 2004 07:20 AM
Jumacfly another boring thread...
typically french !
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood