ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why is Bill Perks hated? (Or, IS HE?) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
December 20th, 2004 10:51 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I really like George Foreman...... unfortunately selling that stupid grill nowadays.........what a shame....

not as bad as....who's that guy that pimps those Time Life cd sets late at night, I wonder if even the question mark guy doesn't return his calls anymore

[Edited by Bloozehound]
December 20th, 2004 10:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I really like George Foreman...... unfortunately selling that stupid grill nowadays.........what a shame....

well I'd rather he was doing that than fighting at 56. THAT would be a shame!

I got a bad reality check about my age a year or so ago when talking about boxing to a friend in work and the 22 year old girl sitting opposite me overheard me mention Big George and chimed in with some remark about the grill she had at home. She had no idea or concept about his previous career as a boxer and just thought he was some big, smiling, amiable black guy who sold stuff to cook meat on.
December 20th, 2004 10:52 AM
J.J.Flash Yo funny Motsie.....but I'd rather eat REAL BBQs.... a lot of smoke and everything.......that thing is fine if you don't have a backyard.....
December 20th, 2004 10:58 AM
Bloozehound thrilla on the grilla
December 20th, 2004 11:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Yo funny Motsie.....but I'd rather eat REAL BBQs.... a lot of smoke and everything.......that thing is fine if you don't have a backyard.....

Well, it beats frying. I like outdoor bbq's myself. Unfortunately my back yard is covered with snow and ice at the moment besides being too damn cold out there.
December 20th, 2004 11:12 AM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well I'd rather he was doing that than fighting at 56. THAT would be a shame!

I got a bad reality check about my age a year or so ago when talking about boxing to a friend in work and the 22 year old girl sitting opposite me overheard me mention Big George and chimed in with some remark about the grill she had at home. She had no idea or concept about his previous career as a boxer and just thought he was some big, smiling, amiable black guy who sold stuff to cook meat on.

That's funny.
Now, you guys do know that George totally puts on a facade in public. In reality, he HATES whites. I was kind of shocked when I found out.
December 20th, 2004 11:15 AM
Bloozehound "In reality, he HATES whites."

don't most black people
December 20th, 2004 11:17 AM
gypsy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
"In reality, he HATES whites."

don't most black people

Yes. But he is very militant black.
December 20th, 2004 11:20 AM
Joey

" We Want Black Power !!!! "

" We Want Black Power !!!! "

Joey " Stokley " Carmichael !
December 20th, 2004 11:25 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, it beats frying. I like outdoor bbq's myself. Unfortunately my back yard is covered with snow and ice at the moment besides being too damn cold out there.

Great....so you don't need to worry about cooling the beer.....

It could be fun.....asking to the wife....."Hey bitcha.....get a beer in the snow for me.......move your fat ass"
December 20th, 2004 02:53 PM
glencar George Foreman hates white people? Why? He's one of the richest people around.
December 20th, 2004 02:57 PM
J.J.Flash Never heard that before.....George seems a very humble guy (at least every time I've seen his interviews)
December 20th, 2004 05:26 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>i'm a fight fan too - i thought tyson was a great fighter and pushed the "art of boxing" to a new level- unfortunately he didn't have the brains to handle his own greatness - such a waste

Larry Holmes saw it earlier than most. Around the time Tyson beat him (when Tyson was still only 21), he predicted Tyson would either be dead or in jail before he was 30.

Fenech's first fight with Azumah Nelson was a cracker.

thinking about this last night gazza and it occurred to me that it was, perhaps, the part of his make-up that caused tyson to self destruct that was the same part of him that made him such a great fighter - he was destruction on two legs with absolutley no fear of anything - or so it seemed -clearly he had a lot of for his own inner demons who had him spooked

perhaps it's asking too much to think there could be a fighter with the mental equilibrium of some-one like lennox lewis who also had the ability to box with the same mentality of a shark attacking a seal

and yeah - the fenech/nelson bout was indeed a "cracker"
December 20th, 2004 07:47 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
George Foreman hates white people? Why? He's one of the richest people around.

"He's one of the richest people around." Why? Because he smiles and puts on a complete facade for the public, when he's schlocking his grills. And whitey is all "George Foreman...he's a good nigger. I'll buy his grill."
Meanwhile, George is laughin' all the way to the bank...cuz he has whitey's money.
I know quite a few boxers that trained with him and have known him for years...and he is very racist when he's not in the public eye.
I was disappointed to learn that myself. I thought he was genuine. I bought one of those grills...and I feel like a damn fool! ha!
December 21st, 2004 01:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't give a shit if George hates me or not...because of his grill, I can have freshly grilled meat products at work....not crappy microwaved reheats.

Besides, what do you expect from a guy who named all 8 of his sons George?
December 21st, 2004 09:41 AM
Joey

" I don't give a shit if George hates me or not... "

Come to Joey ...................................
December 21st, 2004 09:44 AM
Fiji Joe Man, does Tex Cobb look a little punch drunk...

Randall Tex Cobb -- Harry Arroyo -- Gerry Cooney

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
December 21st, 2004 09:47 AM
Joey

Fiji .......................................

" Harry's Bar " New Years Eve ?!?!?!

What Say Ya ?!?!

Developing ..................................
December 21st, 2004 10:22 AM
J.J.Flash What about Joe Frazier?!
December 21st, 2004 12:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
What about Joe Frazier?!

What about Sonny Liston?
December 21st, 2004 12:25 PM
jb Sugar Ray
rOBINSON
Ernie Shavers
December 21st, 2004 12:30 PM
gypsy Stanley FUCKIN' Ketchel!
Jack Johnson
"Gentleman" Jim Corbett
Jack Dempsey
Carlos Monzon
Tony "Canvas Back Kid" Santos
December 21st, 2004 12:30 PM
Fiji Joe Joey...I swear to God...If I show up at Harry's and you ain't there, I'm going to drive to your little flower shop in Nebraska and personally see the authorities find the "love pit" you have hidden beneath the freezer containing the fresh roses
December 21st, 2004 02:44 PM
jb That is very disappointing to learn of Foreman's alleged racism. He must be very good at covering it up as I have never even heard rumors about this alleged behavior. We live in a society of "us" versus "them" which transcends from politics to religion to race....we ultimately must learn to live together or I fear we, or certainly our children, may very well livein a world akin to "Escape from New York"....
December 21st, 2004 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
What about Joe Frazier?!

Frazier ?!?!

FRAZIER ?!?!?!

" Why is everyone always talking about Joe Frazier , Ronnie ?!?!?! "

December 21st, 2004 03:10 PM
Joey " Joey...I swear to God...If I show up at Harry's and you ain't there, I'm going to drive to your little flower shop in Nebraska and personally see the authorities find the "love pit" you have hidden beneath the freezer containing the fresh roses ............."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiji ....................................

Can't make " Harry's " on New Year's Eve , but Thanks for the offer -- it IS one of my favorite bars in the entire Midwest though and hopefully we cna meet up for a drink this summer . Word !

Sassy ! �
December 21st, 2004 03:35 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
That is very disappointing to learn of Foreman's alleged racism. He must be very good at covering it up as I have never even heard rumors about this alleged behavior. We live in a society of "us" versus "them" which transcends from politics to religion to race....we ultimately must learn to live together or I fear we, or certainly our children, may very well livein a world akin to "Escape from New York"....

I was disappointed too. He sure put on the good "House Nigger" facade really well.
I know at least 5 black boxers who trained with him, and they were surprised too. They are the ones that told me of George hating whitey. Also, a couple of the black boxers had their wives or girlfriends come visit them while away at training camp. When George saw that, he wouldn't talk to them again.
December 21st, 2004 03:38 PM
jb Well. I'm sure he is color blind when it comes to receving "whitey's" momey for those grills....by the way, what the fuck is with suzanne Sommers hawking everything from jewelry to low fat cake mixes on HSN...what a fuckin cunt!!!
December 21st, 2004 03:44 PM
glencar What the fuck is up with you watching HSN? Is that the Joan Rivers channel?
December 21st, 2004 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What the fuck is up with you watching HSN? Is that the Joan Rivers channel?

I bought the Hoover sidewalk sweeper from HSN..it really works!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood