ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith and a UFO Return to archive
December 21st, 2005 11:37 PM
GJinAK I once read about Keith and a UFO here how can I find it? it was good.
December 22nd, 2005 06:51 AM
corgi37 It's possibly the people who supply his hootch.
December 22nd, 2005 07:58 AM
glencar Try Google!
December 22nd, 2005 08:01 AM
glencar I'm feeling extra giving during the Christmas season so I googled it for you & this is what I found. Scroll down, dude!

http://www.earthfiles.com/news/news.cfm?ID=977&category=Environment
December 22nd, 2005 11:26 AM
Saint Sway Keith, Anita, Spanish Tony and Gram Parsons and whoever else was around at the time used to go hang out at the Joshua Tree, take hallucinigenics and search for UFOs.

theres a picture book out that has plenty of pics of them hanging out there. It also has commentary on the pics by Keith, Terry Southern and Anita.

Keith also claimed to have spotted a UFO in his back yard at Redlands.
December 22nd, 2005 12:26 PM
Egbert "you're two thousand light years from home"
December 22nd, 2005 12:51 PM
JaggerLips Sure it wasn't David Bowie coming for tea at the Richards' household?
December 22nd, 2005 02:21 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck Ha! of all the Innumerable crap I imagine Keith would have probably "seen" during this period, a U.F.O. would
undoubtedly be the very least!
[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
December 22nd, 2005 03:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith also claimed to have spotted a UFO in his back yard at Redlands.

Very true. It was in 1967 and the New Musical Express ran a full article on it.

You can read it in Rolling Stones NME Originals issue, which came out a few years ago.
December 22nd, 2005 03:37 PM
GJinAK Glancar thank you but that was not the story it had to do with a box and being chased by gov agents the story did end at joshua tree. It has got to be in the archives but I have no idea what year could have been from 1997 on it was a link to the story. It was really good and a long story. I think people that like KR would enjoy. Thanks again hope someone remembers and can find it.
[Edited by GJinAK]
December 22nd, 2005 03:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith, Anita, Spanish Tony and Gram Parsons and whoever else was around at the time used to go hang out at the Joshua Tree,

I am sure that Bono will claim it was just him glowing and that is why he calls their album "The Joshua Tree"
December 22nd, 2005 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am sure that Bono will claim it was just him glowing and that is why he calls their album "The Joshua Tree"

Q: Why does Bono constantly wear sun glasses indoors?

A: So he won't get blind by his halo when he looks in the mirror!
December 22nd, 2005 04:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Q: Why does Bono constantly wear sun glasses indoors?

A: So he won't get blind by his halo when he looks in the mirror!

Please have a great holiday season my Crowe loving friend (P.S. Sorry about the horrible ticket sales for NYE MSG...the crowes are a very good band and deserve better!)
December 22nd, 2005 04:46 PM
glencar
quote:
GJinAK wrote:
Glancar thank you but that was not the story it had to do with a box and being chased by gov agents the story did end at joshua tree. It has got to be in the archives but I have no idea what year could have been from 1997 on it was a link to the story. It was really good and a long story. I think people that like KR would enjoy. Thanks again hope someone remembers and can find it.
[Edited by GJinAK]

Jink, I tried my best. I think the link showed an interesting story nevertheless, donchoo?
December 22nd, 2005 05:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please have a great holiday season my Crowe loving friend (P.S. Sorry about the horrible ticket sales for NYE MSG...the crowes are a very good band and deserve better!)

cheers back at ya Pug!

Sadly I dont think any band has sold out MSG on NYE. The Crowes will fall short, but I expect a full capacity. Really looking forward to ringing in '06 with a wild night of 2.5 - 3 hrs of Black Crowes freak-n-roll.

here's one more to keep you in the holiday spirit:

When Johnny Ramone passed away he was greeted at the Rock & Roll pearly gates by a grinning Janis Joplin. Janis gave him a swig of her Southern Comfort and let him on tour of R&R Heaven. They passed by Elvis, who was making Peanut Butter & Bannana sandwhiches. They passed by John Lennon & Johnny Cash strumming guitars together. They passed by Dennis Wilson & Brian Jones lounging in the pool. Hendrix and Kurt Cobain were playing cards. Then Johnny spotted Bono admiring himself in the mirror and asked Janis "Hey, isnt that Bono? I thought he was still alive?"

Janis replied: "Oh Bono's still alive. Thats God. He just thinks he's Bono."

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)