ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will the Stones be leaving their record label? Return to archive
December 21st, 2005 11:05 PM
Poison Dart I had a conversation with a guy who is some type of big shot in the (don't ask me which one I wasn't even listening to the guy until he brought up the Stones) record industry tell me (when he brought up the Stones) that their record label is not the greatest. He claimed that they didn't know how to handle a new Rolling Stones record in the year 2005. Also, that their label has been having a great deal of trouble with other artists and nobody wants to sign with them.

This guy could have been blowing smoke up my ass. But I do know the guy (a friend of a friend type thing) does work in the industry and sounded what like he knew what he was talking about.

Has anyone heard anything about the Stones changing record labels?
[Edited by Poison Dart]
December 21st, 2005 11:19 PM
jb They are being dumped . 404k doesn't really cut it and Vurgin gave up a long tiome ago promoting this money loser.
December 21st, 2005 11:25 PM
Soldatti Just see the Fox news (Stones haters) review of ABB:

"The first really good Stones album through and through since 1981’s “Tattoo You.” “Rough Justice” was just smarmy enough to be a calling card. “Streets of Love” and “Biggest Mistake” should have been huge. Like Stevie Wonder, completely and miserably handled by a record company that either didn’t care or didn’t have a clue."

Virgin sucks monkey balls, they dropped to Green Day 3 years ago and now they have one of the best selling albums of this decade. It's easilly, the worst record company around. WORD.
December 21st, 2005 11:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
They are being dumped . 404k doesn't really cut it and Vurgin gave up a long tiome ago promoting this money loser.

they should have never stopped releasing under Rolling Stones records
December 21st, 2005 11:34 PM
corgi37 Heed my words! They will not release another album of new material again. This is the swan song. Lap it up.

Next off the rank is "On stage" - double cd of 2005/06 tour, Rarities 2, Live Licks Redux, Slow Rollers 2, Stoned 2, High tides and green grass 2, Sucking in the 80's, Sucking in the 90's, Sucking in the naughties (contains special 25 minute re-mix of Back to zero), and finally, Live Licks 3.

Then we'll get the good shit.
December 21st, 2005 11:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Heed my words! They will not release another album of new material again. This is the swan song. Lap it up.

Next off the rank is "On stage" - double cd of 2005/06 tour, Rarities 2, Live Licks Redux, Slow Rollers 2, Stoned 2, High tides and green grass 2, Sucking in the 80's, Sucking in the 90's, Sucking in the naughties (contains special 25 minute re-mix of Back to zero), and finally, Live Licks 3.

Then we'll get the good shit.

i suspect it will be after all original members are deceased before true rare and desireable material is released (see Elvis)
December 21st, 2005 11:46 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i suspect it will be after all original members are deceased before true rare and desireable material is released (see Elvis)

Youi are 100% correct..8 yrs for a turd..they more dried up than Phyliss Dyler's pussy!!!
December 21st, 2005 11:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Youi are 100% correct..8 yrs for a turd..they more dried up than Phyliss Dyler's pussy!!!

many had doubted us, but facts speak for themselves...joey would have added a pic of Carson after that analogy
December 21st, 2005 11:50 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many had doubted us, but facts speak for themselves...joey would have added a pic of Carson after that analogy

I made 16k dollars today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 21st, 2005 11:51 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I made 16k dollars today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

down from you initial offering of 25k

Actually, I made more than you today!!!! (bonus checks were handed out today!)
December 21st, 2005 11:55 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

down from you initial offering of 25k

Actually, I made more than you today!!!! (bonus checks were handed out today!)

Did you make more than 712k this year????????????????????????
December 22nd, 2005 12:02 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you make more than 712k this year????????????????????????

more than 712K rupies!!!
December 22nd, 2005 12:06 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

more than 712K rupies!!!

I earn more than most here ever will...b/c I am smarter.
December 22nd, 2005 12:07 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I earn more than most here ever will...b/c I am smarter.

please see our IQ scores
December 22nd, 2005 04:49 AM
JumpingKentFlash A Bigger Bang ROCKS!!!!!
December 22nd, 2005 04:58 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I had a conversation with a guy who is some type of big shot in the (don't ask me which one I wasn't even listening to the guy until he brought up the Stones) record industry tell me (when he brought up the Stones) that their record label is not the greatest.

Clearly!!
thanks you sweet Neo Cohl!!
December 22nd, 2005 07:55 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

please see our IQ scores

Brainbell Jangler claimed to be very intelligent but tehre's been no proof just yet...
December 22nd, 2005 08:17 AM
Gazza a very unfortunate time to choose to make a typo....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)