ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: shades of orange Return to archive
December 20th, 2005 04:09 PM
pccbcc i heard this song on the santanic sessions,but it does not sound like the stones.i know the band the end did this song and i think it was written by bill wyman.does anybody know anything about this song
December 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
MrPleasant "Over the years of their existance, The End enjoyed the active help of Rolling Stone, Bill Wyman. They had been previously introduced to Wyman by producer Glyn Johns who had spotted them backing Elkie Brooks and were amongst the support acts for the Stones September '65 tour following the release of 'Out of Our Heads' along with the Spencer Davis Group; Unit Four Plus Two and The Moody Blues. A debut single 'I Can't Get Any Joy' had duly flopped and any plans Wyman had regarding the band were then thwarted by lack of action on the part of the Stones manager Alan Klein's office. So it wasn't until nearly three years later on signing to Decca (ironically the Stones label) before any further releases kicked off again. In 1968 'Shades of Orange' / 'Loving, Sacred Loving' appeared, both songs were built up during the sessions for the Stones album 'The Satanic Majesties Request' and have appeared over the years on various Stones bootlegs which seems a little odd as apart from Wyman the only other connection is Charlie Watts who plays tabla."

http://www.marmalade-skies.co.uk/end.htm

http://www.rolling-stones.com.pl/rss/ah/watlpinn03a.html

"The tracks 'Loving Sacred Loving' and 'Shades of Orange' were later confused by bootleg collectors as being Stones tracks that were unused from the album (Their Satanic Majesties Request) and that The Beatles appeared on them, as they were psychedelic. They were mooted as being Beatles/Stones collaboration out-takes!"

http://hipforums.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-128206.html
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)