ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Analú - Age 10 - December 27, 2003
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wo-ho, take a look at this... Return to archive
12-18-03 07:39 AM
FotiniD A guy named Mr. D posted this at IORR'S "Tell Me" Forum:

-----------------
Keith is at his home in Jamaica and will spend his birthday there today...he is busy recording demo's for the new Stones album, recording starts in January in Paris...a tour of the U.S. and South America is scheduled to begin in September...
-----------------

I don't know how credible is that... Have you guys heard any of this before? (of course the recording part, the Jamaica part is easily understood )
12-18-03 07:40 AM
nankerphelge Well that's quite the B-day present for us.

Hope it is true!

September eh!?
South America eh?

MUST GO TO RIO....
12-18-03 08:16 AM
glencar That charter jet is sounding like a good idea...
12-18-03 08:17 AM
Jumacfly Great news!! hope it will be true...
12-18-03 09:03 AM
Monkey Woman Very interesting! Definitely hope it's true. It seems that Keith doesn't sit idle in his Jamaican house, anyway. A guy nicknamed Crashbox Lust posted at Shidoobee that:

quote:
The Official Keith - Wingless Angels Tuning Room site features Roger Steffans talking to Keith about Jamaican music. In the conversation Keith mentions that he has just recently cut two tracks Pressure Drop & Careless Ethiopians with Toots and the Maytals for their upcoming album.

(BTW, he's a rabid Keith fan, so he payed for a membership in his fanclub.)

Keith is into reggae again, apparently. How is that going to translate into the next Stones album, it will be interesting to see.
12-18-03 09:11 AM
glencar All reggae? Hmm, I can't take it!
12-18-03 10:12 AM
Jumacfly be confident, Glencar, Sir mick will introduce pure ballads with violin , synthe, mandolin like on "goddess" ....ouf, we re saved!!
12-18-03 10:14 AM
glencar Knock that off! There was some good stuff on Goddess!
12-18-03 10:17 AM
Jumacfly totally agree..if the songs of goddess have had the wandering spirit sound,this record could have been better!!
i got a problem with the piano and violin sound, but i think the songs are pretty good ..
12-18-03 10:20 AM
glencar I usually like 4 or 5 songs from each Jagger solo project. But nothing's as bad as "Hold Back" right?
12-18-03 10:26 AM
Jumacfly "Hold Back", mmhhh... sorry i have to go to the toilets...
12-18-03 12:06 PM
Joey
12-18-03 12:16 PM
SHINE A LIGHT well, who is this "mr.d" person?? keith is in the warmer climate and i'm sure he's recording.....isn't he always laying down tracks of something??
i'm also a "rabid" fan of keith .and i paid to join his new "tuning room". some really great chat there this morning!!
hope this "mr.d" guy is right.

ps. this sounds quite right......ronnie said they will return to north and south america IN SEPT.!!!!!
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
12-18-03 12:35 PM
Boomy
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:

i'm also a "rabid" fan of keith .and i paid to join his new "tuning room".

No, you don't say!
12-18-03 02:14 PM
glencar Mr. D is highly knowledgable. That doesn't amke him correct all the time but I'll go with this one!
12-18-03 02:36 PM
LadyJane This news may just be the BEST Xmas gift EVER!!!

LJ.
12-18-03 02:43 PM
jb Mr. D ?
12-18-03 02:47 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i tend to agree....this does sound legit.
glencar,as far as your reggae comments.....give it a try, you'll love it. do you have"wingless angels"? it's pure, perfect keith. he's in heaven with his rasta friends.

12-18-03 02:49 PM
glencar I have "Wingless Angels" but have never played it. Perhaps I'll paly it tonight while I wrap presents!
12-18-03 02:51 PM
jb They had a special on Keith I believe on VH1 after either the 94 or 97 tour from his home 'Point of View"...lots of rastas running around and generally I did not like the kind of music they were playing...but it was a pretty interesting show...
12-18-03 02:55 PM
Mikey hahah, I remember that show. It seemed like it was no secret to where Keith lived (J Cash was his neighbor). I remember Keith taking the interviewer on a tour of the grounds and saying "that's where the burglers come in, and over there is where we bury them."
12-18-03 02:59 PM
glencar Yes, that was funny but the music bored me.
12-18-03 03:24 PM
Boomy Wo-ho, check out these lyrics from one of Liz Phair's new songs on her album!!

I was listening to some of the Dan Patrick radio show, and all of the sudden Rob Dibble starts talking about the song, but he couldn't say the lyrics. The title is "HWC".

Check out the lyrics here:

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/liz-phair/h-w-c.html
12-18-03 03:28 PM
glencar Boomy, is that song from her recent attempt to connect with young teenage girls? Yowza!
12-18-03 08:33 PM
Gazza >well, who is this "mr.d" person?? keith is in the warmer climate and i'm sure he's recording.....isn't he always laying down tracks of something??

he posts here regularly as MRD8. Bob is a very sound guy!
12-18-03 08:35 PM
Gazza >hahah, I remember that show. It seemed like it was no secret to where Keith lived (J Cash was his neighbor). I remember Keith taking the interviewer on a tour of the grounds and saying "that's where the burglers come in, and over there is where we bury them."

Johnny Cash and his family were victims of a pretty unpleasant burglary there some years ago when they were held captive in their home and then robbed. Guess Keith's been lucky!
12-18-03 10:25 PM
glencar Didn't the Churchills suffer a rape & robbery down there? Must be a dangerous place.
12-18-03 10:41 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Must be a dangerous place.

i've heard that of all places in the world kingston jamiaca has the highest rate of murders per capita per day
12-18-03 10:59 PM
glencar I'm hoping Keith has a security detail whilst down there.
12-19-03 12:15 AM
Zack Jamaica's a tough place